test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL NEVERWINTER PS BETA SHARD

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

The PlayStation Beta Shard is now available for players in the Americas! Access to this shard is currently done via vouchers that must be redeemed on the PS Store. To obtain a voucher, please email community@crypticstudios.com. Again, this shard is only available for the Americas region and will not work elsewhere.

This subforum is for players to leave their feedback or report bugs. As noted in the instruction email, this is a TEST shard - content is not considered final and still being worked on.

Thank you again for your interest in helping us improve Neverwinter!

Comments

• Options
    gjgblackdragon#7802 gjgblackdragon Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thank you for the PS Test server and the opportunity to be part of it.

Quick question, is there a way to copy at least our main character from the Live Server to the Test Server? Having my Live Server main character in the Test Server will allow me to do a better tests of how realistically things will behave in the New Module vs the Characters available to import don't seem to be a good fit for me to do a proper testing.

I created a new character that will allow me to test the new progression missions but it will take a while and to reach end game and with the available things in the server there will be a lot of scenarios that we will not be able to test (missing companions, mounts, among other things, that are available for players in the Live Server and will be of benefit to see how those react in the new content).

GJGBlackDragon - Drow Ranger from The Northdark

• Options
    wddwxywddwxy Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    2 things/questions: I tried the import character feature and it seemed to only give me options and the ability of importing random 60k item level characters, instead of my maxed 85k item level toons, not sure what this was about. Also are you planning on adding all of the items and features that are currently on PC on the preview, such as all the items in the wondrous bazaar. Thank you.
  • Options
    First bug, unable to mount up. Tried PE and dread ring
  • Options
    skyhandler#6010 skyhandler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    as already mentioned by the colleagues above, I believe that in order to really be able to do useful tests, we will need our characters in the live or by the characters end game.

The most interesting would be to release the items so that they can be tested, such as the contents as well, in addition to making the test more efficient.
  • Options
    I disagree with those that want their own toons. As a beta and especially since want us to test the heros path, what good is it to test with a maxed out toon. Can either test from brand new or as a returning player/needing to play catch up with the premade ones. This isn't meant for you to simply play new stuff early, supposed to try things & give feedback
  • Options
    I like the heros path, I think it covers mechanics that many new players struggle with. Not sure if I like the mythic collar requirement of final chapter. I've played over a year and am 85k now and just finally invested in legendary collars. 5 mythic collars is a huge investment (50 million of in game resources), with very little character reward. If could trade for accountwide like enchantments do, then it would be worth it.
  • Options

I disagree with those that want their own toons. As a beta and especially since want us to test the heros path, what good is it to test with a maxed out toon. Can either test from brand new or as a returning player/needing to play catch up with the premade ones. This isn't meant for you to simply play new stuff early, supposed to try things & give feedback

There are many ways to test the content and using end-game characters is part of it.

I have currently finished pushing a new character in the Test Server to Item Level 79k with some Adjustments I might be able to push it to 80k and I will start doing the New Campaign. Still, that will be a scenario where I will be able to report how is the progression on that character and how it felt.

On the other hand, that character is nowhere near my character in the Live Server that will represent an entirely different experience. It's not only about Item Level but also about using gear, artifacts, weapons, companions and mounts that are currently impossible to obtain in the Test server but are commonly found in the Live Server.

Most of us testers can live without our characters from the Live Server if we were to have availability of many things that are not available now. For example, none of the Preloaded characters that we can import have finished Northdark Reaches, even less started Menzoberranzan. I have no problem testing with those characters and report my findings and experience, but I will also like to test with a character that have finished Menzoberranzan and have already some end-game gear. If we start grinding the Test server now, we will finish Northdark and Menzoberranzan after the new module will be already out in the Live Server.

We are not here as explorers since there's nothing to gain in the Test Server. We are here to test, find things that will happen in the Live Server that the Developers haven't seen yet and report to them so they can adjust before releasing the Module.

I have plans to test at least 3 different scenarios:
    1) New Character progression [already done and preparing to create posts about my findings along the way]
    2) A Character that have reach enough Item Level to enter into the area (I'm planning on using the Preloaded for that)
    3) A real scenario of a 89k character that will start the campaign and should be able to enjoy it and not walk like a god in the Narbondellyn Street while all the enemies drop like flies. <= We must test that to avoid having end game players getting a boring experience too.

Having a very High Level character with choices to swap gear and low the Item level and damage output is easy. Getting a Character to the Higher Levels without the accessibility of things we do have in the Live Server is quite not possible now in the Test Server.

That's why there should be a lot of different scenarios so we all can report our experiences based on what we find with what we get. I mean, we don't want to repeat something like the "Band of Air" again.

That's my 2 cents.

• Options
    > @glaciergirl2020#8337 said:
    > First bug, unable to mount up. Tried PE and dread ring
    Turns out it's just the 63k premade dragonbone rogue that can't ride mount
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Quick question, is there a way to copy at least our main character from the Live Server to the Test Server?

Unfortunately, no. It will not be possible to copy your characters on console beta shards due to how they function and third-party restrictions. However, we'll see for some QoL updates, like improving the Wondrous Bazaar as the PC Preview shard. Thank you for your understanding, and thanks in advance for your feedback on the M26!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    bluffy#8585 bluffy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    "However, we'll see for some QoL updates, like improving the Wondrous Bazaar as the PC Preview shard."

I was hoping these will come to the Xbox preview too but 2 mods later and no change...
  • Options
    pokeisbad#2915 pokeisbad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Honestly I agree with the sentiment of being able to transfer our characters to the test shard. It allows us endgame players to effectively test synergies between the new items and our engame characters similar to the pc test server. It also helps us provide proper feedback to the direction of the upcoming updates. If I could get a reason as to why it's not possible that would be great since it's doable on pc but not console? Still, thank you for even providing us this opportunity to play on a test server for the future updates.
  • Options
    fmseixas#2338 fmseixas Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    So I was just messing around and figured out some tips to speed up char progression.

First thing is to get lvl 12 VIP and several character slots.

To get your endgame char you have to solve a puzzle - several pieces are scattered in the premade chars: For example, the Barbarian with 60k has 100 million AD, that you can put in the bank (in fact this is unlimited AD, since you can keep importing the char and putting the AD in the bank).

Same goes to other useful items - So far, I got some coals from coffers of celestial artifacts.

In view of that, I see no problem in listing these items in the AH for 1 AD, to facilitate the progression of others.

BUGS
    Some chars have all professions lvl 20, but I couldn't find a single one with the mastercraft recipes. And since we cannot go to the strongholds to buy the mastercrafts, we cannot buy the sharandar recipes, and cannot buy the Menzo ones, to try the gear.

The reason why some chars can't ride a mount maybe due to the initial missions (where you learn this mechanics) may not be registered.

I can't trade a mythic enchant in the scholar to make it account bound.
  • Options

I can't trade a mythic enchant in the scholar to make it account bound.

The premade characters that we can import have the Enchantments already traded and that's why the enchantments can't be traded again and are Character Bound.
    I used one of the Premade Characters to go to Protectors Enclave, purchase a green Enchantment and level up to Epic with Coal Motes and Refinement that the character had. Then I put the Enchantment in the Shared Bank, reimport the same character and used the Coal Motes to refine it to epic. Was a pain but was able to get all enchantments and insignias to Mythic going back and forth with that method. That made the character more close to what I have in the Live Server (still things to do but was better).

• Options
    percemer said:

Quick question, is there a way to copy at least our main character from the Live Server to the Test Server?

Unfortunately, no. It will not be possible to copy your characters on console beta shards due to how they function and third-party restrictions. However, we'll see for some QoL updates, like improving the Wondrous Bazaar as the PC Preview shard. Thank you for your understanding, and thanks in advance for your feedback on the M26!

Regards,
    Thank you for the feedback, we really will appreciate the WB update. #FistBump

• Options
    I'd love to get more specifics on what devs want us to "test" here. I assumed it was the heros path and the new zone/hunts. Tried the initial hunt quest with premade warlock and was super hard - are we meant to level these toons up to be able to complete the hunts?
  • Options
    skyhandler#6010 skyhandler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    There are several types of tests that can be done.

From testing the functionality of new/old equipment to campaign progression missions.

I believe that the beta should be something where everything is released free, so that in this way each person can test within what they like.

For example, I would like to test the new equipment, see if they are providing what is described.

I saw that there are people here who like to test the quests etc...

I believe the test server it shoulded targeted for this.
  • Options
    sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    @percemer

Please don't forget to enable the Stronghold Voucher vendor and the Workshop Playtest Vendor in addition to the bazaar. I'm almost at Guild Hall rank 5 and getting food/stone/metal/wood/influence/shards is tedious compared to PC where I just bought a stack of 99 vouchers from the vendor next to the coffer. Also enabling the workshop vendor where you got morale/artisans and all/most mats for free would also help.
  • Options
    knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    To all playstation people on the Beta Shard welcome to the world of do it over with limited resources i mean im from the xbox beta and let you know have fun because the grind to do alot of the stuff we should test is locked behind not having the resource like people to run dungeons or guild hall resources outside what you get on like 3 of the premades or from lockboxes which the palim palim paladin premade has 8 enchanted keys per copy but wish any of you luck on that server
  • Options
    darkwolf#2736 darkwolf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > Greetings Adventurers!
    >
    > The PlayStation Beta Shard is now available for players in the Americas! Access to this shard is currently done via vouchers that must be redeemed on the PS Store. To obtain a voucher, please email community@crypticstudios.com. Again, this shard is only available for the Americas region and will not work elsewhere.
    >
    > This subforum is for players to leave their feedback or report bugs. As noted in the instruction email, this is a TEST shard - content is not considered final and still being worked on.
    >
    > Thank you again for your interest in helping us improve Neverwinter!
  • Options
    darkwolf#2736 darkwolf Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    How do i post 4 a voucher to try the ps test server of neverwinter if i may ask
  • Options
    poultski75#4461 poultski75 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Finally playing today saw another player on the server. Looks like they were turning in their fireworks.
    One big wish I have is to go back to grinding your levels instead of getting levels as a quest reward. Also miss dragon battles for heirloom weapons.
  • Options
    whiteangel#2897 whiteangel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello all,can u pls copy Skeleton Crew gild on Preview-Test server,i already have charter there,name White Angel@whiteangel3,we need this possibility to access the test server because of the training for the latest game content.Thank you in advance :)
  • Options
    dlayer2dlayer2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I've sent 3 emails about joining the test server with no response yet. Is there something I'm missing or an additional step or info that I need to be providing?
    All three have listed my psn and @ info.
    Someone available to check? Please and thank you
  • Options
    Hello @dlayer2,

It's a manuel process, so it may take some time. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @milosjovicic we unfortunately cannot transfer the guilds to preview shards, but there will be some QoL changes in the future
    Percemer
    ----------
  • Options
    dlayer2dlayer2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Ok thank you
  • Options
    knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    percemer said:

@milosjovicic we unfortunately cannot transfer the guilds to preview shards, but there will be some QoL changes in the future

any eta on this yet @percemer i mean i get scheduling and such but trying to do anything on the consoles betas is near impossible outside campaigns and such, i mean no one can test dungeons what so ever due to scaling especially when you only get 3 people maybe logging into either beta (xbox or PS)
  • Options
    ara#5294 ara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    Dumb Question, How do I get these vouchers? I want to be a part of this Test.
  • Options
    jalabusa#4926 jalabusa Member Posts: 1 New User
    How long it’s the wait time for the ps shard I send mail the 12.03 nothing still ??