test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for Mods

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 59 Community Manager
Hey folks!

I'd like to add some new mods to the forums. Unfortunately, I haven't been here long enough yet to correctly judge any of you. So, I'm opening the floor to nominations.

But here's the catch: You cannot nominate yourself. I'd like to hear who you all think is usually there with a clear head, doesn't get into flame wars, and is generally a shining pillar of the community. Post your suggestions in this thread, and I'll be looking into the folks who get nominated.

Comments

• Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    It says I can't nominate myself..
    but it doesn't say I can't advertise myself :p

Nominate Irene to be mod!
    I visit forum everyday, every hour. Ultra active. Super effective.

You will get your concern recorded, studied, and submit to the developers without fail!
    Irene understands the way companies work, helps bridges the gap, helps deliver update , reminders, all that kind of thing!

- Knowledge in setting up forum php
    - Experience in preparing spreadsheet and data
    - Cutest healer in protector's enclave and mangobarazan (some said ice cavern)
  • Options
    oracle#9179 oracle Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Player activity on the forum seems quite sporadic in my experience, with few regulars, so I'm not sure if this is an easy question for many of us to answer either. Most tend to come here to post bugs or feedback and then vanish.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2023

It says I can't nominate myself..
    but it doesn't say I can't advertise myself :p

Nominate Irene to be mod!
    I visit forum everyday, every hour. Ultra active. Super effective.

You will get your concern recorded, studied, and submit to the developers without fail!
    Irene understands the way companies work, helps bridges the gap, helps deliver update , reminders, all that kind of thing!

- Knowledge in setting up forum php
    - Experience in preparing spreadsheet and data
    - Cutest healer in protector's enclave and mangobarazan (some said ice cavern)

I nominate Irene since she can't technically nominate herself.

I second the nominations of Rockster and Plasticbat.

I also nominate greywynd
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    I'm nominating ambassadorkael because with great power comes great multitasking-responsibility :p
    Isn't that how the idiom goes? I'm pretty sure, it is.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    kuero21 said:

I'm nominating ambassadorkael because with great power comes great multitasking-responsibility :p
    Isn't that how the idiom goes? I'm pretty sure, it is.

ambassadorkael seems busy.
    He was like "hey do you wish to see the forum shrink" and there is no update after that.
    Now it's like "hey who wants to be a mod" and there is probably no update after too.

If I become a mod who can communicate with developers and get replies, I'll catch him and give everyone follow ups. : P
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2023
    I would like to nominate plasticbat, and greywynd. PM me on Facebook if you want more info about why, @ambassadorkael#6946 . I'm still pretty inactive here (but willing to make an effort to come back, possibly).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Nominating plasticbat and greywynd for sure.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    Pick me and I'll keep sending you proposals on how to improve the forum, and things to focus to better maintain the game. I'll prepare google docs, info and send them to you. :)
  • Options
    scar#9019 scar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Rockster, Plasticbat & Irene seem to be the ones who actually post stuff here quite regularly and respond to the posts other people make. They seem pretty well versed in the issues faced by a majority of other forum posters as well & leave their own feedback how things can be improved. Definitely reccoomend these peeps for the badge of forum moderation!
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I would like to nominate jana as a moderator.

They are fairly active posting stuff on the boards and routinely demonstrate their degree of knowledge of how the game works in their posts.

• Options
    mwkmwk Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    Honestly no offense to anyone on the forums. I don't trust anyone! I don't even trust myself, because I don't want to have the responsibility and even want the power. You can't trust anyone! I'm sorry, but I've been there before with another game and that person abused the forums! Ever heard of Tera Online? It was a :s show of toxic! It's your authority not the community! @ambassadorkael#6946
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    I 2nd the emotion on Greywind as well, he was so helpful when I was still trying to figure it out.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    I really think Irene would make a good mod, she knows computers and she sure is motivated.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,105 Arc User
    mwk said:

Honestly no offense to anyone on the forums. I don't trust anyone! I don't even trust myself, because I don't want to have the responsibility and even want the power. You can't trust anyone! I'm sorry, but I've been there before with another game and that person abused the forums! Ever heard of Tera Online? It was a :s show of toxic! It's your authority not the community! @ambassadorkael#6946

From my understanding, the forum moderators are, and always have been, volunteers. In this case, ambassadorkael is simply getting others to do the volunteering of his candidates.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > I would like to nominate plasticbat, and greywynd. PM me on Facebook if you want more info about why, @ambassadorkael#6946 . I'm still pretty inactive here (but willing to make an effort to come back, possibly).

I’ll second this 🥳
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @greywynd I still don't trust anyone, because I've been there when this happened! People abused the forums behind official moderators back. My answer is no one! Those chosen moderators ended up being trolls of the community with the last game I played. They ended up acting like other people, changing posts, deleting posts, and etc. Basically abused the forums and used it as a hacking tool; real moderators/administration didn't even notice. No! Never trust anyone! @ambassadorkael#6946 this is a valid argument.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    mwk said:

I still don't trust anyone, because I've been there when this happened! People abused the forums behind official moderators back. My answer is no one! Those chosen moderators ended up being trolls of the community with the last game I played. They ended up acting like other people, changing posts, deleting posts, and etc. Basically abused the forums and used it as a hacking tool; real moderators/administration didn't even notice. No! Never trust anyone! @ambassadorkael#6946 this is a valid argument.

So, because you have trust issues the forums don't need moderators?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 59 Community Manager
    All righty, folks, that's some pretty clear nominations, thank you for the help!

I've contacted the folks who received the most nominations.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @greywynd It's not for you decide, it's for @ambassadorkael#6946 to decide. I made my opinion because that's just me and a concern of mine. Honesty I think the real moderators or administrators need to look everyday. A developer looking at forums takes about 10 mininutes or so. Why you have a problem with my opinion? I appreciate your own concerns for the community, but really it's that easy to tag a developer.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,255 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    I have just noticed this thread. Thank you for your nomination but I am not good in moderator's role. I like to help fellow players as a player but I am not good to judge others' post (as a moderator).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mwk said:

Why you have a problem with my opinion?

Isn't ambassadorkael the community manager for like two other games as well? That's a LOT of area for one single person to cover...

The forums could use some fresh moderators whomever they may be. "With great power comes great responsibility" and those that get chosen hopefully won't allow themselves to become corrupted. The community won't know until those mantles are bestowed upon other individuals. Fear/suspicion of negative behavior is no excuse not to move forward.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    edited June 2023
    @trinity706#8838 I just hope the ones picked respects the forums. That is all. Because I've been there.
  • Options

I have just noticed this thread. Thank you for your nomination but I am not good in moderator's role. I like to help fellow players as a player but I am not good to judge others' post (as a moderator).

Personally feel that moderators "can't" engage with others like regular forum users do LOL. Hell what about "hidden" moderators (no visual identifiers)? ;)

• Options
    mwk said:

It's not for you decide, it's for @ambassadorkael#6946 to decide. I made my opinion because that's just me and a concern of mine. Honesty I think the real moderators or administrators need to look everyday. A developer looking at forums takes about 10 mininutes or so. Why you have a problem with my opinion? I appreciate your own concerns for the community, but really it's that easy to tag a developer.

I don't have a problem with your opinion. I'm trying to understand it.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    mwk said:

@greywynd I still don't trust anyone, because I've been there when this happened! People abused the forums behind official moderators back. My answer is no one! Those chosen moderators ended up being trolls of the community with the last game I played. They ended up acting like other people, changing posts, deleting posts, and etc. Basically abused the forums and used it as a hacking tool; real moderators/administration didn't even notice. No! Never trust anyone! @ambassadorkael#6946 this is a valid argument.

This game had issues like this as well before. I was a little surprised to see a post up because I think overall the forum is running fairly smooth without much, if at all, content that needs to get moderated. Not sure the amount of effort you have to invest to maintain and supervise mods is actually greater than doing the work there is yourself.