test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug Report for Gzemnid's Reliquary (Master)

aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
Hello @nitocris83 @percemer @ambassadorkael#6946
Since we are actually missing a thread to reporting bugs about Gzemnid's Reliquary Master trial and since there are so many things which players would like to report about it, I decided to open this thread so we can gather here all the bugs in the current live server so will be easy to find and fix
"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
Official Content Creator
Wizard Reworker

Comments

• Options
    tanisbistanisbis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Some other things to add:

- In phase 1 Minotaur's cleave has a longer range than what is shown in red.
    - In phase 3, with the Atropal-Zariel combinaison, a player can be targeted by hypothermia + lines, making it difficult to survive it.
    - In phase 3, with the Atropal-Zariel combinaison, a player can sometime be targeted by both lines, which should not happen.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Thank you so much for all the details! These issues will be investigated.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    oracle#9179 oracle Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Some of Palhavorithyn's abilities and animations in P3 are firing incorrectly, impairing the player's ability to respond appropriately to mechanics. For example, in this video clip, the tank is knocked down by Force Breath, and immediately takes damage from the Bite attack (which includes the first tick of the Necrosis DoT), and only after that does the animation for Bite play. Shortly after, you can see damage from Claw Swipe hit the tank's stamina before the Claw Swipe animation actually plays.

https://youtu.be/GM5e3ic79jQ

The Bite attack is intended to be blocked, but the tank is still knocked down and cannot take any actions when Bite hits in this case just one second later. Normally the lengths of animations allow for a tank to recover and block an incoming Bite if they've been knocked down.

You can see the relevant hits parsed from the combat log in the following image.

• Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Nice list thanks, which explains some weird stuff we've run into.

The three bullets I've quoted are universal issues not related to a phase or boss types imho. We've had Atropal AoEs "stick" and being very irritating up to a point that we decided to wipe each time it happened. It weirdly only happened frequently during one training session and never again. Maybe it got fixed already or we were just unlucky to have broken something in the instance.

Gzemnid targeting wrong character types is most obvious with healers at the beginning of phases, but it can happen throughout the whole fight at any time. Think saw it on YouTube the other day (might have been Gus). They died for no apparent reason and even said "not sure what that hit was". It was hard to tell from the video and without logs, but my initial feeling was "yeah bug". Maybe I can pull it up when I have time.

Same with companions. It's most obvious in the given scenario, but it happens in other transitions as well and is very annoying. If you're very lucky and spam a certain hotkeyed console command sequence, you are rarely able to re-summon the companion. But of course with everything that's going on, you have to be aware that your companion is missing.
    artu#3556 said:

Few issues I have observed so far after playing the trial for a while and finally completing it:

- In phase 1 Minotaur's Cleave (cone-shaped attack) red area indicator sometimes gets bugged and doesn't disappear after the boss has performed the attack, resulting in the red area following the boss until the end of the phase.
    - In the beginning of phase 2, Gzemnid targets and kills the bard healer, often ignoring tanks building aggro immediately and even using top of the threat list powers.
    - In phase 2 Gzemnid's Obliterate has inconsistent targeting: most of the times the tank without aggro is being targeted by it, but on some rare occasions it will target the tank who currently has aggro. Not sure if that's intended or not.
    - In transition from phase 2 top phase 3, sometimes companions fail to teleport to the platform, leaving them out of the fight. This is especially punishing during Tiamat / Demo, where we are currently running multiple Scorpions to guarantee CA if this bug happens.

I can also only echo the frustration about overlapping mechanics that create unsolvable situations for the group. I guess it's a side effect of just bundling old bosses together and call it challenge, but it makes an already lackluster trial even less appealing to play. I mean teams are able to complete it regardless, but if you play flawlessly you simply shouldn't die. ToS had some of these annoying chances already and it got worse in GR.
  • Options
    The blue artifact that Gzemnid spawns (Draining Artifact) is incorrectly draining resources from certain classes of DPS characters, despite being a mechanic seemingly designed as a disincentive for supports (stamina drain on tanks, divinity/performance/soulweave regen on healers).

In particular, arbiter cleric has its divinity drained, and the most viable rotations depend on divinity being exactly full and sensitive timing that does not accommodate interruptions for refilling divinity. As a result it gets significantly impaired by this mechanic whereas most other DPS characters are unaffected.

While this is investigated, I would recommend checking for performance drain on Songblade Bard, as well as stamina drain on Dreadnought Fighter. I haven't been able to test this myself but I suspect the same issue is happening there.

An additional note: the spell cast by Tiamat (in both Tiamat trial and Gzemnid) that has a similar effect, also has this same issue with also draining DPS resources on some classes while not affecting others.

Another related issue to this is that paladin tanks have divinity drained as well as stamina, giving it a severe disadvantage relative to other tank classes, as those only suffer the normal stamina loss.
  • Options
    The Chains of Undeath mechanic is frequently causing unavoidable deaths. This is due to three related issues:

1. Chains of Undeath is not removed before phase transitions teleport players, so the players affected are spawned right on top of each other in the new phase, still having Chains of Undeath on them, and immediately the mechanic explodes and kills the entire party with no chance for them to escape or dodge.
    2. The initial repel that Chains of Undeath applies (to prevent players in close proximity immediately triggering an explosion before they can react) occasionally fails to occur. More specifically, if a person is in an immunity frame (e.g. dodging or sprinting from another mechanic) when Chains of Undeath spawns, they are not repelled.
    3. The initial repel from Chains of Undeath interrupts blocks on characters with the ability to block. This results in tanks having their block interrupted at the same time they are hit with a strong attack such as Obliterate, resulting in their unavoidable death.
  • Options
    aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    The Blue Trinket (Artifact) occasionally ignores being destroyed from the Obliterate and thus its negative effect remains persistent through the rest of your trial run. You can see an example of this in the video below: https://youtu.be/Ekylr8v_Ic4

Here is another video example of when it happened again: https://youtu.be/-r1-4o8Hieshttps://youtu.be/-r1-4o8Hies
    Post edited by aragon#8379 on
  • Options
    Here's some combat data to augment the above report. Entries are sorted by time, from last occuring entry to first.

First, this is combat data showing all incoming damage events to Draining Artifact when it was destroyed successfully in a different run. You can see a Killing entry where the artifact is destroyed as the Obliterate hits the tank, and no further damage is received from that point on.

This is combat data from the run shown in the video, for the exact times around when we tried to destroy Draining Artifact. There is no Killing entry, yet the incoming damage still stops at the point of attempted destruction.

This is incoming damage from the tank at that same point in time, you can see Obliterate hitting correctly, for the same amount as the damage floaters show in the video.

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Regarding the companions failing to teleport to Phase 3, this is also impacting the Lifespark from Soulweaver. Sometimes it isn't teleported with the player. When it happens you can't use Tab to heal the tank, lose Inspirit passive healing and lose Soulweave regeneration from Soul Reclamation.
  • Options

Regarding the companions failing to teleport to Phase 3, this is also impacting the Lifespark from Soulweaver.

Oof. This is critical.

• Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Phase 3:
    Halaster / Palhavorithyn:

When two players get Charges (lightning phase), if one of them is transformed into a chicken soon afterwards, the charge mark on that player and the line connecting both players will disappear.