test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blaspheme Assassin Refund

mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
Hi there. Spent 30 million getting 10x Blaspheme Assassins for the Faeirie Fire debuff. It never worked until it was "fixed" this Thursday. But it wasn't fixed, it was nerfed. Can I get the 30 million AD back or an exchange of some sort or can you fix the Faerie Fire instead?

Comments

• Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello @mparcher#3106,

We unfortunately cannot assist the players regarding the trades made with other players through the auction house.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    > @percemer said:
    > Hello @mparcher#3106,
    >
    > We unfortunately cannot assist the players regarding the trades made with other players through the auction house.
    >
    > Regards,

Yes the game could.

See, here is the problem. The game created a zen exclusive item then nerfed it immediately after release.

The game created a problem and shifted the problem to the players instead of taking responsibility for its own actions.

A number of things could have been done by the game to take responsibility instead of being irresponsible. Here is an example...

1. Not nerfed it. Is stacking 1% armor really a big deal? 8x of them is less effective than just 1 single spined devil. Saying that Blaspheme stacking would be a problem shows a severe lacking of understanding by the game about their own game.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    I think to build trust there need to be (at least) two things
    1. The implementation should do what the tooltip says. Fixes might be required to get there, but that's where it needs to end up.
    2. The tooltip should not be changed after release. That's what people are basing their spending decisions on...it's "the spec".
    If it means more time spent up front considering the tooltip, writing it carefully and thinking through the interactions with other gear/companions/enchantments and mount powers (for the one player and for the party and for allies)... then that's probably a good thing too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    mintmark said:

That's what people are basing their spending decisions on...it's "the spec".

This right here. I've been banging-in about misleading errors in tooltips for ages. They occur too often throughout the game and have done for ages and have big consequences for players when they're wrong. Too often the company just says oh we made a mistake we are changing the tooltip and that's the end of it, but that is NOT good enough.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    For a new lockbox companion, I find it incredible that it was released broken in the first place.

Thanks
    Black
  • Options
    satatomo#9974 satatomo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Cryptic is unprofessional. You can't expect them to warranty anything they release. A large chunk of their revenue is stuff like 1000Zen epic collars that can be bought for under 50k AD in the AH all day long. You think they want your repeat business?
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I get it's tough, but tbh. gambling on the Auction House always comes at a risk. There are extreme fluctuation based on buffs and nerfs. It sucks the companion got released in a broken state, but for a compensation two things are required: ZEN or cash spent and wrong information directly handed out by the game, like a tooltip. Both doesn't apply here.
  • Options
    dafusch1337#1435 dafusch1337 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    Maybe the headline is wrong, cause you are asking for fix of the Faerie Fire - right? (which is a nerf now?) If its asking for a refund - its the wrong category - that should not be in section bugreport.

Percemer is refering to your statement about a refund, not "the bug".

• Options
    > @dafusch1337#1435 said:
    > Maybe the headline is wrong, cause you are asking for fix of the Faerie Fire - right? (which is a nerf now?) If its asking for a refund - its the wrong category - that should not be in section bugreport.
    >
    > Percemer is refering to your statement about a refund, not "the bug".

No. He is saying they can't fix it. Obviously they can.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    > @fritz#8093 said:
    > I get it's tough, but tbh. gambling on the Auction House always comes at a risk. There are extreme fluctuation based on buffs and nerfs. It sucks the companion got released in a broken state, but for a compensation two things are required: ZEN or cash spent and wrong information directly handed out by the game, like a tooltip. Both doesn't apply here.

Aye, I see how it could be taken as gambling. But needed a bunch of them to give to the players on the team since they didn't have one. Wasn't for buying and reselling later.
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Hello,

There were indeed two issues related to the Blaspheme Assassin, and we apologize again for that.

The first issue has been confirmed by @nitocris83 on May 31:

We are aware of a balance issue regarding our new companion, the Blaspheme Assassin. The stacking mechanic will be updated, such that the companion does not perform differently in groups than when used solo. That mistake is on us, and we apologize for it, but it will be corrected swiftly to prevent it from becoming polarizing.

The second issue has been identified thanks to your thread, and the following changes have been made to the Blaspheme Assassin to fix all issues:
    • Fixed a bug that was causing the Blaspheme Assassin companion to deal additional damage when multiple of these pets were attacking the same target. Each assassin will now only deal bleed damage based on its own stacks.
    • Faerie Fire’s effect has been changed to increase enemy Damage Taken by 1% and reduce enemy Deflect by 2%, non-stacking.
    • Updated description of Faerie Fire to correctly indicate the stat it modifies -> 'Deflect' and not 'Dodge'
    • Removed the loud audio that was occurring every time Spiteful Presence triggered.
    I believe that there is no longer any issue with this companion.

My first comment was referring to your refund request. Unfortunately, we cannot refund players regarding the trades at the auction house. Thank you for your understanding!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited May 2023

Maybe the headline is wrong, cause you are asking for fix of the Faerie Fire - right? (which is a nerf now?) If its asking for a refund - its the wrong category - that should not be in section bugreport.

Percemer is refering to your statement about a refund, not "the bug".

The whole point here with thread creator where. He spent 30 mil AD in order to get x10 Blaspheme-assassin, and though that value of companion will remain same or even increase. So he would sell off them, and make profit from it..

But sadly companion's ability where fixed and nerfed. So it's value declined, and now it's just loose on his side..
    So what now he want, is that staff would return his spent 30 mil AD. Or give alternatyve stuffs, which obviously expected to have same or similar value, or fix companion. More precise make it broken, so it's value would increase, and he could sell and make profit.

In short he can't accept that he did poor ivestment. And expect that staff compensate or refund his AD. Or as he say Fix companion. Or more clearly make companion valuable so he could sell and make profit. Even if that would make it broken.

It's like example.. Guy buy 20 loterty tickets.. Didn't win anything, and now want to refund his spent money.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User

The whole point here with thread creator where. He spent 30 mil AD in order to get x10 Blaspheme-assassin, and though that value of companion will remain same or even increase. So he would sell off them, and make profit from it..

He claimed it was not for buying and selling but gifting to players of his team.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    So gift them. Still a decent companion to use. Just not game breaking.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    He didn't get what he had researched he was outlaying expense for, that is the issue.
  • Options
    And the ToS covers it with the "we can change whatever we want whenever we want".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Appreciate the support everyone.

There are two sides basically.

Side 1. The company should be responsible for their mistakes an own up to them.

This is what I am asking for. Because the nerf/fix they implemented hurt the consumer. Nobody would have likely purchased this product if they announced to players that the product they are selling was faulty. And since they didn't do this (or even test their own product beforehand), the people being stuck with the problem is us. They didn't fix the problem, they just shifted the problem to the players. Im doubtful any responsible company could ever get away with this.

Side 2. Its the consumers fault for buying a faulty product and they just need to deal with it.

What I've noticed over the years is that it's easy to place the blame on the victim until you become the victim.
  • Options
    They owned up to it. Announced after they released it that it was incorrect (quality issue, but then all the bugs that get released on live are quality issues. That's a whole other issue). They adjusted it, Granted, not in the players' favor, but that is rarely the outcome.

Since this tends to be the way that Cryptic deals with issues like this, it is not unexpected. Just another windmill to tilt at.
  • Options
    > @greywynd said:
    > They owned up to it. Announced after they released it that it was incorrect (quality issue, but then all the bugs that get released on live are quality issues. That's a whole other issue). They adjusted it, Granted, not in the players' favor, but that is rarely the outcome.
    >
    > Since this tends to be the way that Cryptic deals with issues like this, it is not unexpected. Just another windmill to tilt at.

You are right but you're missing a key point. They announced their mistake AFTER we bought the companion. Everyone who got it beforehand was left holding the bag. They know we can do nothing about it either. Completely predatory practice on their part.
  • Options
    I got mine from the Lockbox. Technically free.

If something is tossed into the AH, what happens there is beyond Cryptic's control. No one was forced to buy from there. No one was forced to sell there. caveat emptor. Predatory practice means that Cryptic got something from it. They didn't.
  • Options
    Lockboxes require keys and keys cost money, u know that.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    just dont buy anything.... tbh just dont play the game neigher :D
    see - Percem-- doesnt play it haha he knows whats up :D
  • Options

Lockboxes require keys and keys cost money, u know that.

I consider the conveniences in the game what I buy when I get my VIP. The key is a free bonus to me.
  • Options
    it still cost u money honey.
  • Options
    Cost time.
  • Options
    datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    "time is money" :D