Options

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Comments

• Options
    racristracrist Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Unable to start game client:
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Your request (886583) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or login to the support site and update it there.

Navi (Arc Games)

Apr 6, 2023, 11:04 PDT

We've received other reports of this same issue. It is a known issue and the developers are currently investigating.

Unfortunately Customer Service is unable to resolve the issue directly so we will need to wait for the fix to come from the development team.

We are currently unaware of an ETA for a potential fix.

To increase visibility for the issue, or to see if other users found a workaround, we'd recommend posting about this issue on the official bug reports forum: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and support.
    Regards,
    GM Navi
    STO Product Lead

balufunke

Apr 6, 2023, 00:09 PDT

See Attachments

Attachment(s)
    Screenshot (7).png
  • Options
    unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    unuldur said:

You do 2 maintenance a week to prevent people from playing and add to that the inability to log into the game for the next 24 hours. It can be seen that your skills are really at a very low level, not to write rudely.
    Are you able to at least write in which year you plan to launch this pseudo-game (the game is to be played from the word go, not to constantly wait for incompetent programmers to destroy something and then fix it for weeks)?

The site still has this tweet:
    Neverwinter Access Issues

By Nitocris | Wed 05 Apr 2023 09:03:19 PM PDT

We are aware of Neverwinter being unavailable for some players. We are working on a fix but will be unable to push one live until tomorrow, April 6, at 7am PT. We appreciate your patience and will be looking at a doing a makegood for impacted players.

And still nothing. If "normal" people worked the way Cryptic employees do, they'd be in debt for a long time and have nothing to eat. But Cryptic is still a parasite and profits from its incompetence and from working people. Disgusting.
  • Options
    morinettimorinetti Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by morinetti on
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User

Calm down guys,

do you think the company doesnt want the game running? cmon, sometimes technical issues cant be solved just because you want, sometimes there are things that scape your own programing or scope.

I wouldnt want to be a developer or worker at cryptic today, so let them work on the fix and hope everyhing goes normal as soon as they can.

Communication is not their best but I assume they dont have anything to say other that they are working on it.

Go outside, take a beer, and come in few hours, it wont hurt.

Well said...

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    and also today I lose a chest key and rerolls thanks Cryptic
  • Options
    ruigat911ruigat911 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Cryptics began to fix errors by deleting support requests instead of giving adequate answers
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    kenjioyamakenjioyama Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    You guys need to relax. You are being a bit harsh with the Cryptic staff. They will solve this.
  • Options
    We have encountered technical issues that will delay the start of today's server maintenance on PC. We will keep you updated as soon as we will have more information about this. Thanks again for your patience! wtf
  • Options

• Options
    summerwind2015summerwind2015 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    You would think since it was supposed to be fixed @ 7AM PST and in now 12PM PST they would have it fixed or have more of an update then what they are giving us! :s My patience has worn off about 5 hours ago! And me personally I don't think giving us a free vanity pet (or something stupid like that) is making up for us not being able to play!!
  • Options
    play play play play play play play play pls pls pls pls pls pls pls patch patch patch patch patch patch money money money
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    It is not worth playing and paying for this game. From today I have decided that I no longer take Zen and I will never support you again
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I decided to go to bed and have a few hours nap thinking I would wake up and it would have been resolved, I slept for ages longer and when I woke up thought 'oh no, it's been fixed and I've missed all this uptime' but nope, it's still the same all these hours later. Only thing that changed was I got the 'file not found' error instead. But after letting it sit there for a bit it did another patch (this time for 10 GB) and now I get the first error again 'game client closed unexpectedly'.

If you can't fix the error JUST ROLL IT BACK.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    this is huge and I want an official report.
  • Options
    unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Colleagues have many mentally disabled people in their care who can help you because they can solve such problems. Feel free to contact me, I will be happy to pass on the request for help from your "experts" to people who can solve the problem that you cannot solve in a few minutes...
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

I'm hoping someone has already opened a support ticket on these issue(s)?

Someone in our discord server posted these:

"We are aware of Neverwinter being unavailable for some players. We are working on a fix but will be unable to push one live until tomorrow, April 6, at 7am PT. We appreciate your patience and will be looking at a doing a makegood for impacted players."

and

"We have encountered technical issues that will delay the start of today's server maintenance on #NWPC. We will keep you updated as soon as we will have more information about this. Thanks again for your patience!"

morinetti said:

I'm hoping someone has already opened a support ticket on these issue(s)?

Someone in our discord server posted these:

"We are aware of Neverwinter being unavailable for some players. We are working on a fix but will be unable to push one live until tomorrow, April 6, at 7am PT. We appreciate your patience and will be looking at a doing a makegood for impacted players."

and

"We have encountered technical issues that will delay the start of today's server maintenance on #NWPC. We will keep you updated as soon as we will have more information about this. Thanks again for your patience!"
    This should be posted in more wide platforms, like twitter or let's say arc website? Discord really. I do not have discord, why would I? This world is broken in so many ways…
    I don't know where the original statement was posted. The discord message just came from a member in our alliance server.
    These messages are coming from Twitter on the Neverwinter account, it seems it's the only place they're active.

Link here:
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    I am convinced that monkeys are smarter than man
  • Options
    Some people... ok spam.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    loool
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    log file 230406 19:16:57 1 CrypticLauncher[1]: : GameclientLaunchFailure(code -1073741515 platform x64/ adminrelaunch true rundir
  • Options
    jvalllsg#9349 jvalllsg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    why not come back pach whyle solve?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    Trivia PatchProject NightClientItalian
    Trivia PatchServer patchserver.crypticstudios.com
    Trivia PatchRedirectServer 208.95.186.148
    Trivia PatchPort 7255
    Trivia HttpServer limelight.nwhttppatch.crypticstudios.com
    Trivia HttpPort 80
    Trivia HttpPrefix Night
    Trivia PatchName NW.285.20230311a.5
    Trivia PatchBranch 285
    Trivia PatchSandbox NW.285.20230311a.0
    Trivia PatchRevision 72814
    Trivia PatchTime 1680055675
    Trivia PatchTimeReadable "2023-03-29 04:07:55"
    Trivia PatchIncrementalRevision 72341
    Trivia PatchIncrementalFrom 1678541104
    Trivia PatchIncrementalFromReadable "2023-03-11 14:25:04"
    Trivia PatchCmdLine "-sync -project NightClientItalian -server patchserver.crypticstudios.com -port 7255 -name NW.285.20230311a.5"
    Trivia CoreBranchMapping -2
    Trivia PatchBranchName "M25 - Menzoberranzan"
    Trivia PatchExecutable "C:/Program Files (x86)/Neverwinter_it/Neverwinter.exe"
    Trivia PatchComplete Incomplete
  • Options
    edited April 2023