Comments

• Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Here the error
  • Options
    archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Same here.
    It is a News Alert on Launcher, Forum, Twitter and Reddit that says -
    We are aware of Neverwinter being unavailable for some players. We are working on a fix but will be unable to push one live until tomorrow, April 6, at 7am PT. We appreciate your patience and will be looking at a doing a makegood for impacted players.
    My guess is those Drider captains AoE was wide enough to do piercing damage on the Launcher.
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Got the update and the error on Win10. Tried Linux with wine and proton (steam) and got the same error.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    blathmblathm Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    happening to me and a friend as well kept crashing immediately after I logged in so i verified and after that cant even launch the game.
  • Options
    nicebutdim1nicebutdim1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Me too +++
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Well, game was running just fine yesterday, wanted to play again today, but i had to download a patch, and after that the game refused to launch... Force Verify, and now it's patching something again?

First patch was around 2GB, second one is around 8GB, what the heck is going on here?

Anyway, still not working, and it doesn't matter if you start up the game through Steam or the game launcher directly.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I opened ARC and saw it wanted to install the game from scratch, so I let it, it patched 11.3 GB this time after first deleting my entire game from the existing folder. After patching it then threw out the exact same error. Trying to do a force verify just puts you in a patching loop and it does the big patch over and over again with no change to the error. Someone really screwed up at your end, didn't they.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It's putting me in a patching loop with it doing the same patch over and over, but each time it just ends-up with the same error, at one stage I opened Arc and it removed the whole game and patched it from scratch, if it removed my settings and I have to do all my keybinds all over again I'll be right pd-off.
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    sucks, I wanted to get some last Feathers from the April Fowls event before it ends! Looks like the patch to fix it only goes live when the event ends :(
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Mine was patching too, after that I could not launch anymore.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    dillygirl said:

sucks, I wanted to get some last Feathers from the April Fowls event before it ends! Looks like the patch to fix it only goes live when the event ends :(

It doesn't end today.

April Fowls and PvP begins Thursday, March 30 at 7:30am PT

April Fowls and PvP ends Thursday, April 13 at 7:30am PT

Link: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11539433-april-fowls-–-a-honking-good-time!
  • Options
    draco#9866 draco Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited April 2023
    Same problem here. The latest patch broke the client ......
  • Options
    unuldurunuldur Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    They wrote till 7am PT, so it is time of maintenance. Yes, we can see, hos much "professional" Cryptic is. It is unbelievable that they are not ashamed.
  • Options
    curiouskea#3590 curiouskea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same for me, tried reinstalling, still doesnt work.
  • Options
    aipotu66aipotu66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Game starts but when i try to enter Northdark Reaches with my main it crashes every time. So now my main is "stuck" in that place. dont dare to go there with any of my other toons. Any solution?
  • Options
    conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2023

Same problem here. The latest patch broke the client ......

nope I warned them something was wrong before 4/4
    I had tried to patch NWN the week before(I rarely login so it was the previous patches)
    it broke my Star Trek Online too
    I temporarily fixed it by editing my windows registry by deleting all mentions of Cryptic
    unfortunately the new patches did the exact same thing & broke everything
    Star Trek Online is down too
  • Options
    horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    congratulations I'm a VIP and the game works like c.r.a.p and congratulations to the programmers :(
  • Options
    edwin#8459 edwin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well, this is unfortunate. I tried to connect and it was impossible for me due to this same error that has been affecting everyone in this thread. Now, what really bothers me is that 10 hours later, I try again, I get the same result and when I come to the forum nothing changed. There is not a single post from a GM, no one from the game came here to take care of anything. And to top it off, I'm sure that when they manage to solve the mess that they themselves created, they'll just pat us on the back and say there it is, go and play... as if nothing had happened. Gentlemen, from the moment you charge us to access VIP content, a commercial relationship is generated in which you must take responsibility for the affectation of consumer rights.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Same...
  • Options
    pennleeapennleea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Glad to know I'm not the only one having this problem.
  • Options
    sanjuro#8646 sanjuro Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello everyone, I can't log in to the game either.I can't take the VIP key anymore. Who will give it back to me?
  • Options
    stigmata888#8200 stigmata888 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yup. Uninstalled Arc/Neverwinter. tried installing Steam/Neverwinter.
    Same problem. Also making cpu run very hot.
    Just returned to game 2 days ago for this?
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    PC, windows 10. All drivers updated. Running from *.exe file. Tried logging in and got "Error 2, file missing" several times. Selected Force Verify and game successfully patched. Hit Play and got "Unable to start game client. Client quit unexpectedly"

• Options
    chada#8427 chada Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    HAMSTER this sh***
  • Options
    morinettimorinetti Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    What's going on? When is the fix?
  • Options
    ncognito1959#8908 ncognito1959 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @morinetti said:
    > What's going on? When is the fix?

We have encountered technical issues that will delay the start of today's server maintenance on #NWPC. We will keep you updated as soon as we will have more information about this. Thanks again for your patience!
  • Options
    morinettimorinetti Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Is there any more detailed info on what's happening? You mentioned “We will keep you updated as soon as we will have more information” where/what should we follow to see this updated information?
    Post edited by morinetti on
  • Options
    generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Can not login with my password and email into ARC
    This game is dead for sure