test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I keep getting Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly , it just started out of no where, I press play that that happens everytime , even tried reinstalling as well.

Comments

• joannarenae#8690 joannarenae Member Posts: 1 New User
    me too
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User

me too

ah if im not the only one then something is going on with the servers then, seen this happen with other games, so probably a problem with server login.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Same here.

• kyros#3364 kyros Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    3 computers all just broke after the update. Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

our guild discord is loaded with people with the same issue. the official NW discord has people talking about it too.
  • luffyhaki123luffyhaki123 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2023

3 computers all just broke after the update. Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

our guild discord is loaded with people with the same issue. the official NW discord has people talking about it too.

corruption in the patch files/patch server most likely making it client fail , everyone will be getting this at some point
  • handofhensonhandofhenson Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Same happening to me. There was an unexpected patch when I (attempted) launching the game an hour or so before this post. Two attempts at force verify did not resolve it. My guess is someone put the patch intended for preview into the live system instead. Preview launches just fine :D.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    me too... I got out can't get back in, did a force verify and it repatched, I rebooted an no joy
  • bdziecbdziec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Looks like the standalone launcher for NW and STO post patch is affected. ARC Client loader works :( PLEASE FIX !
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    I played earlier and the same thing happened to me when I came back. Have had a problem logging into arc but fortunately that wasn't there today. Hope this gets fixed soon.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    any word on the problem?
  • castaspelacastaspela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same probrem here from Argentina
  • desolatidesolati Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I uninstalled and reinstalled. And I also verified files. It's still not working. I think it's missing dll files.

First, it was missing PhysX_64.dll, but that's fixed.

Now, it needs PhysXCommon_64.dll and steam_api64.dll (??) and vivoxsdk.dll is in the wrong directory.
  • bdziecbdziec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    STO is sending a patch in AM so NW shouldnt be too far behind.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I did get a quick error message "unable to write to file" but it appeared and disappeared so quickly I wasn't able to identify anything specifically.
  • oanyui03oanyui03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    pls help me. I updated the patch today but I can't play. "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly"
    I live in Thailand
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited April 2023

Same probrem here from Argentina

They put a post in Facebook (33 minutes ago) saying they are aware of the problem.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm getting this message, too. I played earlier, then walked away for a few hours. When I came back the game wouldn't start and gave me that same message. Hopefully they fix it soon.
  • trampyrocketeertrampyrocketeer Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank god it is not just me. sucks we cant play but i thought something was wrong on my end.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I experienced the exact same issue at about 5:50 PM PDT. Same error. Submitted a report to Cryptic. This is affecting Star Trek Online and Neverwinter. Confirmed.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
  • jimbo#9112 jimbo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

i have reinstalled arc and nw and still get same message.
  • expat0815#9116 expat0815 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same here
  • expat0815#9116 expat0815 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same problem here too (CEST).
  • jimbo#9112 jimbo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    at least makes me feel good that it is not a me problem
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I opened the launcher (I use GForce Experience to open the game) and it did a huge patch and after ages it finally told me it was ready and the play button was lit, but I always do a force verify as a matter of habit because sometimes it's wonky, so I did that and then it wanted to do another patch. So I let it do that patch and then at the end of that it threw out an error message some file could not be found. I clicked OK and now it's doing the first big patch all over again. This time I won't do the force verify and see what happens.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 181 Arc User
    Same here, can´t log in
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Yea, after patching 7.7 GB, it now says that error, game client quit unexpectedly. I wonder what the make good they talked about is going to be.

Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.