test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Menzoberranzan Launch Week Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Menzoberranzan. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Current Known Issues
  • A button to summon a random vanity pet is currently visible in the vanity pet inventory tab. This button will be temporarily removed in an upcoming patch, with the summon random feature available in the future.
  • [Console] The new free storefront packs are currently not available on the PS or Microsoft Store. We hope to have them available soon.

Comments

• Options
    xxviciousvirusxxxxviciousvirusxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Game freezes upon trying to load it up. Steam doesnt work, Arc games doesnt work, force verifying doesnt work. Have tried multiple times on both programs to launch the game. Even turned off the computer and i've still got nothing.
  • Options
    woodwolf245#0529 woodwolf245 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same problem as soon as go to load it crashes
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    In "The cliffs of the starless sky" map, in location (2781, -140), one of the enemy stayed within the stone wall. Fortunately, my companion somehow knew how to "get in" and killed it. Then, she had hard time to get out from the stone wall. Eventually, she re-spawn outside. So, for this character, he had no problem to deal with the situation. Not sure about the others though.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    thx87thx87 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Mythic Lightning Flash enchantment is consumed during the exchange but cannot be reclaimed from the claim/unlock tab. Submitted a ticket for this reason as well on ticket nr#881521.
  • Options
    bonescreator1bonescreator1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Same as two other people. Game freezes and locks up on loading in (at Neverwinter screen with red dragon). Have tried reinstall. Playing through steam.

Edit: Tried file check, no issues, still freezes on dragon screen.
    Edit2: Tried loading externally from steam, still freezes on dragon screen.
    Edit3: Tried loading in administrative, still freezes on dragon screen.
    Post edited by bonescreator1 on
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    "Wings of the Court Fairy Shirt are no longer visible when riding the Bore Worm mount."

Instead of fixing it, you just get rid of it. Sigh!
    Yes, it is changed to the way the statement describes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2023

In "The cliffs of the starless sky" map, in location (2781, -140), one of the enemy stayed within the stone wall. Fortunately, my companion somehow knew how to "get in" and killed it. Then, she had hard time to get out from the stone wall. Eventually, she re-spawn outside. So, for this character, he had no problem to deal with the situation. Not sure about the others though.

This happened to me as well today, and it also happened on Preview. You'll need to tweak the enemy locations a little.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Bug: Mob-sized bosses in HEs are getting lost in the crowd, especially if other NPCs are present. (it is really hard to spot them, target them and to avoid getting hit by them)

Bug: Once again: It is hard for the bard to hit Large-sized bosses with encounter power Ad Libitum.

Feedback: Lockdown Captains - for now it is a funny joke, but before this mod is over, they need one digit reduction on HP and damage as it will soon be pretty hard to find 20 volunteers to die over and over again.
    Feedback: Lockdown Captains are extremely melee unfriendly. Just what was the goal with the web?
    Feedback: Without Lockdown Captains there is a severe lack of the dropped "Elite Sigil" currency.

Feedback: Targeting gear bonuses according to the class, not the role, is a new and for me kinda not welcomed thing.

Feedback: Inability to buy gear for an alt is certainly a bad thing.

Feedback: The lack of universal slots in the new mounts is not attractive.

Feedback: I do not like the inability to upgrade the old mounts to 4 insignia standard.

Feedback: So, the shuffle with companion damage miraculously put the newly introduced Zen store companion on the top? Wow, who would have ever guessed such development! =)

Feedback: With all previous trials I had this initial feeling: With a few tweaks and a bit of power-creep may be, one day. With the new one: Nope, I do not want there. Ever.

edit: Feedback: Not directly listing how much currency a quest reward offers is still a bad thing.

Feedback General Summary: Luckily, unlike the M16, I can ignore this mod without completely quitting the game. That is a big plus, because it took just one day to confirm the first impression: I do not like it one bit.
    Post edited by rikitaki on
  • Options
    j3aldrick#6494 j3aldrick Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Same as two other people. Game freezes and locks up on loading in (at Neverwinter screen with red dragon). Have tried reinstall. Playing through steam.

Edit: Tried file check, no issues, still freezes on dragon screen.
    Edit2: Tried loading externally from steam, still freezes on dragon screen.
    Edit3: Tried loading in administrative, still freezes on dragon screen.

Got all above issues and tried all of above methods.
    Finally simply left the game in |not responding| status for a long time and it worked.
    Can say for how long beacause went out for a few hours :)
    Now it opens in a blink.
  • Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    The following now properly unlock within their Collections entry. This is not retroactive and only applies if the item is in your inventory or changes state.

Special Companions should now unlock in collections whenever your character obtains any version of that companion.

Icosahedron Ioun Stone Companion.

This did not work claimed - account wide leg version didn't work discarded as already had leg. Upgraded to mythic didn't work either.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Under the Appearance Tab, Copy Colors to Other Slots is broken.

I selected Copy on the chest piece but while the UI changed to add the Done Copying button at the bottom, the menu for other items doesn't change. It is impossible to copy colors now.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Graphics Issue with the "marble floor tiles":
    The targeting circle for a paladin's Bane power appears under the floor tiles instead of on top of it. You cannot see the circle if it is fully within the area of the tiles, but you can see some of the ring if it pokes out into the regular flooring. This glitch can be seen in the tents at 1615,1442 and 1792,1510.
  • Options
    Bug: The major Mindflayer HE,
    like in the Soshenstar River Camp Vengeance HE, has a following feature: If you step into certain, unmarked and clear areas, you get teleported back to a default position. Like the Camp Vengeance, its only apparent purpose is to confuse and irritate players - as you have to cross this minefield to fulfill the objective.

You can jump into the main boss.

Mobs walk inside the main boss.
  • Options
    krevgkrevg Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Since the patch, I can no longer buy Temple of the spider keys on any toon. I have tried on toons that have entered the new zone, toons that haven't entered the new zone, toons with capped (5k) coin currency, toons without capped coins, toons that have completed northdark, toons that haven't completed northdark...no matter the stats or toon, just can't buy tos keys anymore. This needs to be fixed asap.
  • Options
    zaprobozaprobo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    rbtaft said:

Graphics Issue with the "marble floor tiles":
    The targeting circle for a paladin's Bane power appears under the floor tiles instead of on top of it. You cannot see the circle if it is fully within the area of the tiles, but you can see some of the ring if it pokes out into the regular flooring. This glitch can be seen in the tents at 1615,1442 and 1792,1510.

Seeing a lot of the same animations under the geometry issues in the Castle Ravenloft dungeon - with the Sisters fight and Strahd fight being particularly terrible with barely visible damage patches.
    Zaphod "Zap-Robo" Robotnik
    http://zap-robo.net/
  • Options
    Bug: A blind branch of the map The Cliffs of the Starless Sky map seems to have hidden lore/node at (2903, -388), which is however completely buried in a cart and therefor inaccessible.

Bug: The Cliffs of the Starless Sky (2776, -141) a mob stuck in the wall.

Bug: The Cliffs of the Starless Sky mini-bosses: the red charge up areas are stationary, but the actual attack will be aimed at you regardless where you move.
  • Options
    fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    See Aragon’s video on this Blaspheme Assassin bug:

https://youtu.be/hW3Qp0TiSCA
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think the Stack share is intended, so more people using the companion makes the stacks go faster and more consistent. The max stats multiplied by the number of comps is 100% a bug and should be fixed. I hope they do this and not change or nerf the companion
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    One of my characters tried to claim "Darkfire Longboots" (the 100 reward) but it could not and the it just kept spinning (the spinning animate). Changed instance did not help. Re-open the campaign window did not help.
    Finally, I logout and login. Then, it drops when I login.

No, right now, I don't have a problem but I should not need to try to figure out how to 'workaround' it.
  • Options
    cascott10cascott10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue with the game loading and freezing. I've erased all local files, reinstalled the steam app then the complete game. Didn't work after fresh install. Trying a 2nd time now.

First time I downloaded the patch, it gave me junk numbers (like MBs worth of a patch), and never worked.
  • Options
    luis140984luis140984 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Menzoberranzan. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Current Known Issues

• A button to summon a random vanity pet is currently visible in the vanity pet inventory tab. This button will be temporarily removed in an upcoming patch, with the summon random feature available in the future.
    • [Console] The new free storefront packs are currently not available on the PS or Microsoft Store. We hope to have them available soon.
  • Options
    luis140984luis140984 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    After the implementation of the new module, my characters are prevented from buying the Spider Key even with the campaign completed and they have the items requested for purchase.
    I also want to know if I will be rewarded with the keys I couldn't buy in that period.

Thanks.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Hers another to add, opened Menzo by doing the Caverns, made it to the post, logged out and did the same over and over on a few alts. Only a problem has arisen. On my Barbarian, I am in the post, but have no quests, and when going to the door I am met with the "You cannot travel here" message.

Thats me, in center, companion Kavatos is standing next to Drizzt.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    Barovia day-night cycle indicator is gone.

And if this can be fixed, would it be possible to return the second indicator for Riverdistrict major HEs Ship/Counterattack? There used to be 2 separate charge-up circles, one for each. Now ship overrides the Counterattack.
  • Options
    rbtaftrbtaft Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

Barovia day-night cycle indicator is gone.

And if this can be fixed, would it be possible to return the second indicator for Riverdistrict major HEs Ship/Counterattack? There used to be 2 separate charge-up circles, one for each. Now ship overrides the Counterattack.

Confirmed that the day/night cycle indicator is no longer showing around the mini-map.
  • Options
    mkyy#9495 mkyy Member Posts: 1 Arc User

• Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    In Fangbreaker's Island the runes before and during the dragon turtle boss fight float in the air about half a character hight above the ground.

In Castle Ravenloft during the Sister fight the blood aoe on the ground is sometimes under the grass texture making it invisible and positioning way harder.

• Options
    baldaroth#4334 baldaroth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can you please resolve problems with appearance on my characters, neck and waist appearance doesent work,cant see any appearance for waist and neck. 6 months i wait for that.