test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bank Vaults

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
Instead of having to keep buying more bank slots it sure would be nice if the Developers would address how so many items that should stack dont. I have 3 brilliant diamonds in their own slot that could stack and quite a few other things, if this is done just to get players to buy more slots it's a little tacky to say the least. if its a bug please fix it.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    1. They want you to pay them. They want you to figure out how to address it. They are not going to tell you what the best way (which goes against their wallet) is. Bank slot cannot address the space issue at all. Bank slot is hardly the most cost effective way although most people max it out.
    2. People figure out how to address it in different creative way (or cheaper way) such as buying character slots.
    3. Brilliant diamonds stacks. Yours do not stack probably because they are in different bound type: unbound, bound to character, bound to account.

Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2023

Bank slot cannot address the space issue at all.

True. And since nature abhors a vacuum, more bank/bag spaces only means more things/garbage filling the slots.

If you are disciplined about your inventory management (= clean up frequently, ideally at least once per gaming session) and don't unecessary hoard anything and everything, then on an actively played toon (=/= mule) a full set of 36 slots bags +maybe (maybe) 20 more slots on character's personnal bank for longterm storage is enough.

Side note : seeing how much sublimation points we are showered with nowdays, and how all the prices of sublimation stones have droped on the AH (at least -50% compared to last year, -90% compared to mod16 when stack of 99 black opals was sold around 80k/90k AD), it wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of BtA/BtC on these peridots, jadeites, saphirs, etc, and just let that unbound and stackable...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    There's a hard cap on shared account slots.

More, bigger bags for inventory helps, but as pointed out, things accumulate. Sell what you don't need for gold. Mulch gear for RP if you need it, feed it to the mimic if you don't. I tend to mulch bound RP daily on the character(s) I run. Unbound goes into the vault, to be used if/when someone needs it, or fed to the mimic when the stack is full.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Funny thing. I have 5 types of resurrect scrolls that doesnt stack

Even if 2 of the stacks are unbound, they doesnt stack because they have different internal ID.

Some come from tarmalune trade bar, others from AH (maybe zen store) but is weird that we can have 5 or more slots for 1 item.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Yes, scrolls of life and mass life do seem to be bad for this.

I get a problem with overload enchantments with different amounts of remaining time. It's not the same problem, but they don't stack either. My problem is some interaction with loadouts where they get switched and sometimes it starts a new one instead of using an existing one. Grrrr, another slot gone.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I am a hoarder. I have stacks of every lockbox since mod 3. I collected all the rings with no good reasons. I am not a collection collector. Basically, I am lazy and not trying to figure out if they are useful right the way. I just park them and figure it out later one day (and that day can be years later). Of course, there are other stuff: unbound RP, mount, companion, ... I hoard. I could have sold them but I am too lazy to do so. Some are already obsolete and useless in the game.
    Anyway, I have my own system to manage the hoard. No, I am not encouraging anyone doing this.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Way back when Identification Scrolls were still a thing and Neverwinter introduced VIP (which awarded ID scrolls when invoking) people were upset because ID scrolls would only stack to 99...

Interestingly enough to keep the VIP'ers happy and not kill the VIP cash cow, players found they could suddenly stack ID scrolls to 999 - go figure.

All this proved to me is things can be stacked and can be stacked to greater amounts than they are currently able IF the people in charge of the game deign to do so, but usually it more like "let them eat cake" when it comes to player/game quality of life changes like not having so many items "Bound to Character", being able to unbind any item with unbind tokens instead of just some items, being able to stack identical items or being able to stack items beyond 10-20-99, whatever.

We all know it CAN be done, as to why it isn't being done is a question we'll probably never have answered.

-this is just my personal opinion-
    DD~
  • Options
    > @mintmark said:
    > Yes, scrolls of life and mass life do seem to be bad for this.
    >
    > I get a problem with overload enchantments with different amounts of remaining time. It's not the same problem, but they don't stack either. My problem is some interaction with loadouts where they get switched and sometimes it starts a new one instead of using an existing one. Grrrr, another slot gone.

The newer overloads do stack so long as they haven't been used. The older ones still don't stack.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Those brilliant diamonds are all unbound ie they can always be sold. I am pretty good at not hoarding to much I think. I do keep some gear I am not using in case they turn out to be better for my stats someday when I am no longer interested in item level. The main thing that junks it up is all the HAMSTER from the Jungles of Chult, the hunting lures and that stuff. I don't care if I ever finish that campaign but still once in a while try and play it again because I want the key for those dungeon's (cradle of the death god) so I dont have to use a draqon key. I really think it is borderline shysty for slots you pay for to not stack things as good as they did in your inventory bags. I know the hunting stuff from Chult never stacks anywhere, but shouldn't everything that you could hit sort on in your inventory that stacked. stack as well in your bank vaults? It certainly seems to me if it doesn't there is something going on that is not right!
  • Options
    Hey Plasticbat are your collection pages all the way filled?
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    jana#2651 said:

Hey Plasticbat are your collection pages all the way filled?

No, as I said, I am not a collection collector. I am just a lazy hoarder.
    By the way, stuff stack in bank as well as in inventory bag. There is no difference to me.
  • Options
    There are a few instances where the brilliant diamonds don't stack. I've a few on Greywind waiting to feed to the mimic.

Things don't stack together because they are different on the backend of things. To us they all look alike, with maybe a different bind status.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    dionchi said:

Way back when Identification Scrolls were still a thing and Neverwinter introduced VIP (which awarded ID scrolls when invoking) people were upset because ID scrolls would only stack to 99...

Interestingly enough to keep the VIP'ers happy and not kill the VIP cash cow, players found they could suddenly stack ID scrolls to 999 - go figure.

All this proved to me is things can be stacked and can be stacked to greater amounts than they are currently able IF the people in charge of the game deign to do so, but usually it more like "let them eat cake" when it comes to player/game quality of life changes like not having so many items "Bound to Character", being able to unbind any item with unbind tokens instead of just some items, being able to stack identical items or being able to stack items beyond 10-20-99, whatever.

We all know it CAN be done, as to why it isn't being done is a question we'll probably never have answered.

-this is just my personal opinion-

It was always generally understood to be because it forces people to buy more bags. This was back when bags were more expensive and harder to get. They're more available now and bigger as well which is a good thing, but I think the not stacking properly thing is a hangover from those sneaky grab-your-money days and they're just too lazy to attend to it and fix it properly for all items which currently still do not stack properly. They don't see it (like so many other things) as a priority.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.