test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upcoming Mount and Insignia Bonus Updates

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

Those of you checking out the upcoming module on Preview may have noticed some changes to insignia bonuses and mount slots – we wanted to take a moment to cover some of the highlights:

4-slot Mounts
Over time, we will be introducing new 4-slot mounts in the game, including ones that can be obtained via event participation. 3-slot mounts will remain in the game and continue to be viable – old mounts will not be converted to 4-slot mounts.

Preferred Slots
4-slot mounts will have a universal slot that gives a bonus if you match the preferred type. This means that you can treat it as either a universal slot or use a preferred insignia to obtain an extra 20% bonus to its item level. Preferred slots will only be available in 4-slot mounts.

New 4 Insignia Bonuses
Several new Insignia Bonuses utilizing 4 Insignias are being introduced with the new module. The ones currently visible on Preview are subject to change as the bonuses are still being actively worked on.

Development on these features is ongoing and we look forward to feedback once all updates are available and players have had a chance to check out the changes!

*A faint rustling of feathers accompanied by a honking sound can be heard in the distance*
Post edited by percemer on

Comments

• Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Can you use 3 slot insignia bonuses on a 4 slot mount with 4 insignias? I hope so because having to choose between good 3 slot bonuses and more satts from using 4 insignias would be bad.

Or we could just get a 4 slot version of the 3 slot insignia bonuses which would also work but would be kind of redundant.
  • Options
    gamekillerspazgamekillerspaz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So can we expect a new 4 slot mythic mount in the new lockbox? And will there be a limit to how many mounts we can have that have the 4 slots.
  • Options
    arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Sell your "viable" mounts fast bois!
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Is that "viable" like the Band of Air was still supposed to be viable after the big nerf and readjustment, or "viable" per popular usage, meaning competitive.
    Post edited by anomalea on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Great! Just after many got 10 mythic mounts, they make them obsolete again like what happen to legendary mount.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    seraxus#6054 seraxus Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Great! Just after many got 10 mythic mounts, they make them obsolete again like what happen to legendary mount.

How can they become obsolete ? You will just need some more if bonuses are cool

• Options
    edited February 2023

Instead of creating this new "mythic+" level of mounts, please consider making this as a system, like an upgrade feature on our current mounts. Maybe with a high cost of mount tokens or/and insignia powders or with any other currency, make this 4th slot of insignia "unlockable" on our mounts. So people with enough resources will be upgrading whichever mounts they prefer. And it will bring a new chase upgrade system people will grind for. And this would be a good ad sink aswell.

This idea probably is worse than having "mythic+" mount. Most if not all mythic mount are account wide. Unless this upgrade can make mythic+ to be account wide (I doubt they will do that), upgrading mythic mount to each character will be more expensive than getting the account wide mythic+ mount directly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

How can they become obsolete ? You will just need some more if bonuses are cool

People say this when the item is no longer BIS. No matter if a new item is 0,001% better. Just look at the drama because they wanted to release enchantments with 100 more item level lol.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    rngrob#7231 rngrob Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Have you ran out of ways to encourage us to spend more time or money? Rather than be the lazy development team that you are and fix bugs and add new things or features to encourage & engage the players to spend, you make what we grind away for obsolete! Carrot & stick comes to mind.
  • Options
    I gave this game a lot of chances.
    However, it really seems you guys as a team do not know how to retain an audience anymore. Not to mention the content has been reused content from previous mods. It was nice while it lasted Cryptic, farewell.
  • Options
    chmallw#4497 chmallw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are you guys intentionally trying to drive casual players away? I just got my first 5 mythic mounts and companions and you're introducing another whole new tier next update? I think I'm going to stick around while my VIP lasts but if this is how you continue to treat players then that'll be it.
  • Options
    grizord2#2543 grizord2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    This is very bad guys, c'mon.

Forcing players to replace all their mount stable, without giving the option to upgrade or giving something back, again?

All those new systems, all of them. You can't just throw then in the game and not add reliable ways of getting the resources.
    You can't create the problem and sell the solution before solidifying a health base.
    It took years for y'all to add sources of mount and comp tokens and they still not enough because of the amount of RNG involved in the gathering process.
    After that, the munt Collars and Insignias system that till now, and after a lot of "improvement" promises, never got better.
    The bad and expensive Enchantment system
    The IL progression doesn't even make sense anymore because of the unnecessary influx of high stat items.

In the past a new player would be able to play the content in about 3 to 6 months months, now it takes (with lucky) 2 years. They used to be left out because of skill not because of their Item Level.

Brent said that only about 3 to 5% of the community is playing end game content in one of the latest streams... is that what you guys really want for the game? Because most of community can't even step into those contents, even after years of the launch.

Before introducing another pointless system, what about using the time to improve the existing ones? Reaper store is there, the appointment vendor is there, Sybella's store is there. Add a dungeon currency, so players can buy the items after some runs. Use the campaign stores to provide more resources, not only 5 comp tokens per account one time per week!!

The structure is there, why you guys refuse to make things better?
  • Options
    edited February 2023

This is very bad guys, c'mon.

Forcing players to replace all their mount stable, without giving the option to upgrade or giving something back, again?

Technically, it is not replacing the whole mount stable but at most, 5 mounts for 5 extra insignia slots and may be 5 potentially better (wait to be seen) insignia bonus from that 5 mounts.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    y0byy0by Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    That moment when you work your HAMSTER off to get your mounts and then cryptic comes and makes all your work useless every 3 months. Fun times!
  • Options
    y0byy0by Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    To be perfectly understood: This is the reason I will not give anymore money to this game. I am not spending money on things that will become obsolete in 3 months. To bad such a good lore game fell in the hands of such a greedy company.
  • Options
    froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Why stop at 4 slots? With the current stat system we will need ever increasing stats. Eventually, current stat items such as insignia and enchantments will have stat numbers so low they will not matter. What happens then? 5 slot mounts? New insignia? New item category? Extra mount slot(s)?

I'm not opposed to 4 slot mounts. I imagine they will roll out over time with it taking several lockboxes before a player can obtain 5 of these mounts.

Here's an idea MPGA (make professions great again) by creating a MW recipe that takes multiple mythic insignia as inputs and outputs a greater combined insignia.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC