test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M25 NEW ENCHANTMENTS FEEDBACK (please change this)

aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
edited February 2023 in Xbox Test Shard
So the new double stat Enchantments with Module 25 will give at Mythic, +100 more Item Level than our current Enchantments! Going from 1,500 to 1,600. This means a total of +900 more Item Level across our 9 Enchantment slots!

For anyone who enjoys min-maxing in this game, this is a horrendous costly addition. It completely de-values our current Enchantments, as it now require us now to obtain a full set of the new enchantments to stay fully maxed! And even worse, those of us who took advantage of the generous Enchantment Account-Wide system, will now be left with a full set of useless Enchantments for min-maxing!

This has to change, it is an utter slap in the face to all of us who invested in the Mod 22 Enchants! We are now required to replace all of our current ones, costing at least 30 million Astral Diamonds, which values at about $400 via the exchange from Zen. And to make matters worse, many of us cannot offset that cost, because we trusted that the M22 Enchants would remain best (with the highest IL) for at least a few years, and bound them all with the exchange!

Please change this, and just increase the Stats on the M25 Enchants and reduce the Combined Rating. This still leaves an incentive to obtain them for minute stat optimization, but does not clearly show a flat power increase due to an Item Level increase!

Alternatively, introduce an option to spend some time and resources to "side-grade" our current enchantments to these new ones. This "side-grade" being account wide for each enchantment!
Post edited by aragon#8379 on

Comments

• sougoodsougood Member Posts: 1 New User
    yes pleas change item level its just a joke !!!
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I mean this was always the risk with binding enchantments, right? It's what was brought up when they introduced the account bound system. Remember this wasn't part of the initial release and got changed due to community request. Looking at the previous enchantment system it was rather obvious they would at some point introduce two-stat and three-stat enchantments with higher item level and more choices for combat ones.

I agree though that this isn't optimal. I have most of my enchantments bound because I try to maintain characters of all roles (dps, healer, tank). It severly hurts alt play that the system was introduced to help with. So this clearly gets a thumbs down, although I realize there might not be a good way to fix it. I also do not like the game design aspect of it. You're introducing three enchantments that completely render the current ones obsolete. The way characters can be balanced nowadays there won't be many situations in which the new enchantments don't fit a build. So the "old" ones go straight to the trash can.

You obviously aren't forced to upgrade, 900 item level equals slightly over 1% damage increase, which isn't that much tbh.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Of course, if they choose to do that, that means 1600 enchantment itself may not be a middle/long term investment. They could bring out 3 stat enchantment for (say) 1700 item level in (say) mod 28. And then, back to one stat mythic+ (rank 6) enchantment for 1800 in (say) mod 31.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kevin#3443 kevin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    AHWOOOOOO please dont do this or give s us fair exchange (kevin p hanley)
  • kpfgdkkpfgdk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please change item level !!!
  • adelaceadelace Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yes i agree ! please change this
  • thomasschwandathomasschwanda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    This is it for me. This games just keeps kicking the players who should keep the game alive. Too many major changes and making stuff we worked hard/payed for irrelevant. I know so many players that already left, and I'm gonna join them this time. You took out the old 2 stats enchantments to bring in 1 stats and make them new. And now you bring them back with more IL. Do any of you have a clue in which direction you want this game to go? Seems like you have a board on the wall with suggestions and you throw a dart while blindfolded, to see what's next. Thanks the hours I use to enjoy. Here a final suggestion. If you want enchantments to be 1600 IL at myth, then buff those we have now to 1600 IL. Then people can still go for 2 stats for better balance in stats and we won't have wasted 30m AD and a lot of time. But for now, I'm done with Neverwinter.
  • mike31584mike31584 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    as much as i dont like this, its just them recycling content. so odds are 3 stat enchantments are going to be coming back and its going to start this drama all over. but something that would be good is a side upgrade, take 2 different enchantments and combine them together and get a dual stat. it would be a simple solution and allow for more customization, and make it so when the do add 3 stat enchantments add a pathway to side upgrade to them also.
  • gadius#8681 gadius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Change please!
  • eladierceeladierce Member Posts: 1 New User
    Absolutely agree. Spent an extreme amount of time to get the main where I wanted him. Also, was quite excited after finally accomplishing this. Now I am a bit sick.
  • joedi99ler69joedi99ler69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please do not make this change. A game breaker for me. Too soon after the last enchantment changes.
  • cybnuke78cybnuke78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Please change it, or make the current enchantments same item level.
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    btw folks don't forget to /join new_enchant_chads in-game to avoid playing with broke plebs
  • adakite#6555 adakite Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I agree 100% that this is an outrageous slap in the face by Cryptic... but then again, that is what they do best.

The new double stat enchants already make it easier to balance and cap stats, and therefore makes them desireable. What is the big deal with just making them 1500 IL like the single stat ones.

We have already lost so many experienced end game players who made this game fun and gave us something to aspire to, because of the last bullsh*t rework. All this move will do is make the next group of end game players quit.
    I refuse to have all my nice shiny mythic enchants made second-rate after having recently pumped in stacks of Coal Wards to upgrade them.

Not long before this new Mod 25 city will be a ghost town.
  • This is going to hurt this game. The 25 bound enchantments on my account are now useless.

One way to fix this is with same IL but reduced combined rating and funnel that into the two stats.
  • akkisenpaiakkisenpai Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    C'mon ...
    I play that game from years and getting slaps like that in face each time when they announce new module ?
    When i get R15 enchantments on full on my main tank, you change totally system for it...
    It was a great add to bound enchantments but for account wide.
    It's help for my alts which was a big help for me playing more characters.

Now i see you really don't know what you are doing...
    Just take what we throw away few modules ago and add again with highier IL ...
    That doesn't make sense and it's TO EARLY !
    MAKE OLD ENCHANTMENTS SAME IL AS NEW ONE !

Beacuase of work i can't play now everyday, only on weekends :/
    I just can't help it and thinking of quit game :(
    I don't want to because is great game with awesome potential but all of that awesome " changes" ehh...
  • lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Maybe start the enchants at blue and let us use our old mythic enchant as a coal mote. That halves (well, not quite) the upgrade pain and at least our old enchants are not completely useless.

Feel conflicted about this because progression is fine. It's the total reset that's not.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Wow, the new money grab in action so soon, and not a small one at that. So, now they want to devalue enchants we just upgraded at a heafty cost. I was hard set on not binding my enchants to account just in case they decided to do something like this.

Then I listened to my inner idiot and thought, no, they wouldn't just completely screw over the players that bad.... again. But, inner voice was right. Get ready for millions upon millions of ad to get all new enchants, even if the current ones we have weren't bound, they wouodnt be worth much after. So complete waste of time and ad, yet again.

Well, i guess we just buckle up and let cryptic ride our <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for more money.
    Then get ready for the same thing whwn triple stat enchants come around, then insignias next and God knows what else they can think up after, cause if this happens the floodgates are loose and the game is going ro loose another large section of the population to exodus from this ss.

I don't even know what to say to try and mend this idea, it honestly puts me and most people I talk to on the last leg of the nw journey. I guess its time to move on honestly. Wish I could say its all been good, but honestly all the costly rework money grabs back to back and now this... The future looks bleak.
    Post edited by mongol69 on
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Eh, I know I am in the minority, but I see this as a good thing for min/max players, new players, and the game as a whole. As a min/max player, unless you have 5+ stats at 90%, you're still going to need to use single stat enchants in all likelihood, so the question becomes: Are you willing to sacrifice stat percentage for (minimal) item level gain? If not, the single stat enchants are still going to be really important. If you are like most end game and min/max players you will have multiple alts, so having access to all those single stat enchants will still be relevant and useful. In short, for min/max players dual stat enchants (and eventually triple stat enchants) will allow for ever greater fine tuning of not only main characters, but of alts as well.

For newer players, having access to dual stat enchants from the get-go allows for more flexibility as you progress through the game like you mentioned in your video.

In terms of the game as a whole, I think this is really great as this will be a giant AD sink. That is really important for the health of the Neverwinter economy. The Zax backlog on PC has decreased significantly due to AD sinks, but it still takes around 9 months to convert AD to Zen. People needing AD to make upgrades (including purchasing upgrade components like C-Motes) should make a significant dent in the Zax backlog. What is not to like about that?

For those complaining about this being a "cash grab," well, OK. So what? Cryptic is a for profit company. They exist to make money. Without money, there is no game. I don't know why that is so hard for some of you to understand. It isn't like they can pay their employees and other bills in Astral Diamonds. If you can't wrap your head around that simple fact, then I challenge you to find any large scale game on the market that doesn't have the end goal of making money.
  • rebelbass75#6875 rebelbass75 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oh come on! I am so sick of getting shafted by this company. I am still working on the last batch of enchants. I have had enough. F@#K YOU GREEDY MONEY GRABBING D!@K'S. I QUIT! YOU FINALLY WIN CRYPTIC AFTER 5 YEARS OF THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>! STICK YOUR GAME UP YOUR A$$!
    -SINCERELY Rebelbass75 or Nora Rebel in ps4 game.
  • porknyetiporknyeti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm now free to play and still upgrading my enchantments. Now there making new ones for the new mod its becoming to much of a grind just to get gear from dragons because I can't find groups, now just farm coal motes i have to invoke on 23 alts and now the new mod wants to buy more enchantments i can't upgrade. I'm about done with this game soon if this keeps up after playing over 8 years.
  • porknyetiporknyeti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    i have been upgrading the new enchantments since there current release is what I trying to say.
  • keaton1#2431 keaton1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I concur. This is not a good move.

After further review I still think this is a bad idea. However, after looking at the new enchants closer, I find my opinion will not be a popular one. I think the new enchants need reduced in item level by 20 to stay in line with current ones. I also think the stat contribution needs to be reduced by 15 and the combined rating by 12. This would place them in line with the current enchants we already have in game. Edited 9 Feb 2023 0957 EST
    Post edited by keaton1#2431 on
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

In terms of the game as a whole, I think this is really great as this will be a giant AD sink. That is really important for the health of the Neverwinter economy. The Zax backlog on PC has decreased significantly due to AD sinks, but it still takes around 9 months to convert AD to Zen. People needing AD to make upgrades (including purchasing upgrade components like C-Motes) should make a significant dent in the Zax backlog. What is not to like about that?

For those complaining about this being a "cash grab," well, OK. So what? Cryptic is a for profit company. They exist to make money. Without money, there is no game. I don't know why that is so hard for some of you to understand. It isn't like they can pay their employees and other bills in Astral Diamonds. If you can't wrap your head around that simple fact, then I challenge you to find any large scale game on the market that doesn't have the end goal of making money.

You've literally been commenting the same stuff on the forums for years now. Every time they do something like this you come here to cheer while the game ends up losing more players than what it gains, or have you not noticed guilds/alliances and other channels getting quieter and quieter with every mod? Alienating players is not smart.

Besides, this isn't even an AD sink, they are going to release the fancy new enchantments into the zen store like they always do, bolstering zen's value, literally worsening the state of the zax...
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I think what I'd like to see is an exchange of old account-bound enchantments to new "exchange tokens" that you can refine using the new enchantments from the campaign store to one of the new two-stat enchantments in legendary quality. The enchantments stay account-bound and can be exchanged for an account unlock on mythic again. This way you still need to grind the new enchantments from the new campaign, but can also exchange now outdated stuff for a small net loss.

I'm not sure this is possible though because you would need to make sure that all character-bound enchantments that were claimed with the exchanged enchantment are properly stripped from the account. Think this is one of the technical limitations that the devs said the system would definitely encounter over time. But then even if some characters walk around with single-stat enchantments that they shouldn't technically be able to own... It's not that big of a deal imho.
  • klaus#1669 klaus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I totally agree with the existence of the problem and also with the possible solution presented!
    Helping the min-maxers with their stats will IS INCENTIVE ENOUGH for many people to get the new enhancements.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    +1

If there will be new enchantments with 1600 IL without any possible way to change our old Enchants, i quit, this is not the way to make changes in game, not like freaking this.
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    LOL at the players saying I DONT WANT TO BUY NEW STUFF! I WANT FREE TRADE INS FOR LIFE!

This is especially true for the streamers who make cash from videos of this game, then complain the game that supports them won't give them more free stuff.

The game supports you. Why don't you support the game?

This was inevitable. If you bound your enchants, WTF did you think would happen? There would never be better? Did you expect free trade ins for life?

Wake up and smell the wards.

This is a for profit business. They have to sell SOMETHING.

You want them to keep the same item level on enchants? For how long? Forever? Or just until/unless you can obtain them for free?

It was obvious that binding your enchants and having them on EVERY character on your account MUST come at a cost.

Well, now you see. This is it.

This is not the first time. This will not be the last time.

I suggest you don't bind your new enchants. I personally won't be buying them. I'm waiting for the inevitable triple stat stones.

Adapt and overcome.

All your base are belong to Cryptic.