test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please, provide option to disable Combat-Pet (non Combat Animations)...

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
edited January 2023 in Player Feedback (PC)

--- ♫♪♫♪♪ -- ♫♪♪ -- ♫♪♫♪ -- ♫♪♫♪♪ -- ♫♪♪ ----------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Things that circle, are 3-4x more likely to skip, jump, &/or lag as the cause is mostly from 2 &/or even more so when 3 axis fluc·tu·ate constantly in animations. Dragonfire has 3 axis that change; as it flies higher & lower during it's rotation too; this can also be influenced by rising & lowering through character movement; while HUD is static in screen placement not influenced by this. So this happens more on crowded instances with more than 17+ people for sure, or can occur in dungeons with a lot more FX.

Even Warlock & Cleric (Spark & Burn Stacks) can cause this skip, jump, or lag--wish it a DOT on HUD in fixed position that lights up.
╘ Scales of Judgement: Otherwise referred as Radiant Judgement zero issues, just wished Burning Judgement followed that lead. :+1:
---

Occam's razor is more commonly described as 'the simplest answer is most often correct,' although this is an oversimplification.

Please & Thank You!
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    It's annoying. It would also be a nice idea to have a choice of several animations including just sitting in the one spot. Same as you can choose different skins for companions.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

It's annoying. It would also be a nice idea to have a choice of several animations including just sitting in the one spot. Same as you can choose different skins for companions.

I love the Wondrous Dragon's, because while they flap their wings, they stay at your one side in more basic animation; if only they used that more often. :+1:

Please & Thank You!

So really just love to wear Armor, with a disable non-combat visual for Pet; or a basic alternative that stuck to your side like Wondrous Dragon does! <3

Please, and Thank You!

@nitocris83
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll bring it back to the rest of the team but I'm not sure what the time investment to resolve technical challenges might be for this.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I'll bring it back to the rest of the team but I'm not sure what the time investment to resolve technical challenges might be for this.

Thank You!

Please note that when you are wearing your Fashion, the Non-Combat Animation is in fact disabled as shown above!

Kind Regards...
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Slight Update, shown in the post (above) would be also to be nice to disable the Spinning Burn or Sparks on Cleric & Warlock & Cleric, since they already both shown on the HUD already anyways! They have same issue as the Dragonfire, and Wondrous Doohickey that spins around you...

As they often skip, jump, lag at times especially in more crowded instances. I'd Love to disable that as well!

:+1::+1:
  • Options
    edited February 2023

╘ added this based on the comments made below.

Hope they consider this, should be easy to do you'd think...
    Disable (non-combat) animations, leaving only the Combat similar to what fashion has.

The Neverwintan Hawk flies 7x more smooth & steady completely opposite to Dragonfire that circle's you constantly!

Could do the same for Wondrous Doohickey as well...
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I remember playing Neverwinter before it became a MMO, then we had the option to kind of direct our companions: "Attack as soon as enemy appears", "Wait for me to attack before engaging enemy", "Stay back and use ranged attacks", get up close and personal with enemy, and of course the popular "find and pick up drops"... from what I can remember, For me the most annoying thing is we can't get companions to shut up! They constantly repeat the same thing and as the OP mentioned repeatedly do the same gestures, it IS annoying after a while.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    chidion said:

I remember playing Neverwinter before it became a MMO, then we had the option to kind of direct our companions: "Attack as soon as enemy appears", "Wait for me to attack before engaging enemy", "Stay back and use ranged attacks", get up close and personal with enemy, and of course the popular "find and pick up drops"... from what I can remember, For me the most annoying thing is we can't get companions to shut up! They constantly repeat the same thing and as the OP mentioned repeatedly do the same gestures, it IS annoying after a while.

Try standing in a quiet room for a half an hour waiting for a queue to pop with the Black Death Scorpion. It's torture.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.