test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Xbox Beta Shard clarification

antmantr#5089 antmantr Member Posts: 14 Arc User
@nitocris83 just to clarify....will this always be beta or will a new instance be built when a preview is potentially opened to more users? In other words, if I create a new toon, level it up and equip as best as available am I ensured that it will remain that way or will it eventually be cleared out?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Each zone can have multiple instance just like live server. There are multiple zones.
    I think you mean to ask if a new server will be built. I don't see why they would do that unless something really dramatic happens.
    Will the new toon stay forever in beta/preview server? There is no guarantee but if that happens, it usually means something really dramatic happens.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    unscchaos#2516 unscchaos Member Posts: 32 Arc User

Each zone can have multiple instance just like live server. There are multiple zones.
    I think you mean to ask if a new server will be built. I don't see why they would do that unless something really dramatic happens.
    Will the new toon stay forever in beta/preview server? There is no guarantee but if that happens, it usually means something really dramatic happens.

I think your misunderstood what he was trying to say.. He was asking if they beta app will update like live, leaving all our premade toons available, or will they wipe data and start with a clean slate. Odds are that it'll work just as live does now, update the game without disturbing premade toons.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

I think your misunderstood what he was trying to say.. He was asking if they beta app will update like live, leaving all our premade toons available, or will they wipe data and start with a clean slate. Odds are that it'll work just as live does now, update the game without disturbing premade toons.
    I think I covered that by saying:

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***