test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demogorgon Re-release Feedback!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2022 in News & Announcements
Greetings Adventurers!

Demogorgon has returned after undergoing additional reworks! Both Normal and Master version are once again available and we'd love your feedback! Please use this thread to let us know of any bugs or thoughts on the Trial.

In addition, the following known issues are currently being worked on:
  • Players are able to use the exit portal without looting the end chest.
  • Demogorgon information in Queues tab lists old rewards
  • Goristro's Gore power is sometimes not animating. This does not impact the functionality of the power.

Comments

• ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Will old armor pieces be droppin from any version as transmutes ?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User

There seems to be a disturbing graphical issue, Demo isn't wearing any santa hats in neither standard nor master version.

It is not a bug. The Santa hats only show up on Christmas day. Wait for it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    it's a huge mess. no real strategy involved except "kill everything and avoid things". probably the easiest and most trivial master trial ever made. it left me really disappointed, especially because Demogorgon was one of the highest CR monsters that i beat in my first ever, 2 year-long D&D campaign.

I WAS EXCITED about the old set being buffed, item-level wise, and it's not happened yet even though it was announced to happen

i suppose the only positive thing about this is that more people will be able to access a very good set that works insanely well both on AOE and ST
    Post edited by newversailles on
  • archmage#5149 archmage Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    My suggestion is to test instances with parties/raids at the recommended IL.
    At 65k IL raid on public, should be a struggle to complete with very dedicated players.
    At 70k IL should be a challenge to complete, but preparing before would be essential.
    At 75k IL should be completed with a medium difficulty.
    At 80k IL should be completed with minimal preparation.
    At 85 k should be completed with experimental runs.
    The problem with not testing the content with the recommended IL players is that it has only 2 difficulties- 1. easy boring for those 20k IL above and 2. impossible for anybody below.
    On point= the adds spawn rates is too high for 65,70,75 k IL raids, resulting in fail. At 80k IL a miracle happen and there are almost no adds, hence trivial boring.
    Instead of adds spawning on timer, they should spawn on boss hp, no skipping. You burn the boss fast, ok, you deal with all the adds at once.

• adoendithas77adoendithas77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    Just had a glitch. Goristro charged into the wall & got stuck. Couldn't even target.

Edit: 6 hrs later... And he just did it again.

Absolutely frustrating.

I'm never gonna get a Demo kill at this rate. Sigh...
    Post edited by adoendithas77 on
  • newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User

On point= the adds spawn rates is too high for 65,70,75 k IL raids, resulting in fail. At 80k IL a miracle happen and there are almost no adds, hence trivial boring.
    Instead of adds spawning on timer, they should spawn on boss hp, no skipping. You burn the boss fast, ok, you deal with all the adds at once.

this
  • dafusch1337#1435 dafusch1337 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

Just had a glitch. Goristro charged into the wall & got stuck. Couldn't even target.

Experienced the same glitch once yesterday (15th), another time I joined without getting a team... 2 out of 4 runs where ok thou

Today: Out of 9xRandomTrial and got 5xDemogorgon, where all 5 were failling instances, where some goon left during fight and i got his slot. After long waitung time the current team fails, all leave and i just waste my time in there waiting for them to finish. I dunno how to prevent that from happening. I blame matchmaking for getting me into failing demo instance over and over. There is no other RandomTrial where I join an ongoing fight, so i assume its a demogorgon issue.

• razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    The purple telegraph on the ground instead of red is kind of ugly, also - people had trouble avoiding the red when it was consistent everywhere - this uniqueness is very unnecessary.
    Visual/voice clue on when to change agro would be also helpful for randoms.
    Normal version might be a bit less annoying if the circles would not disappear on first use or it would appear more frequently.
    Some of the boss' short range arc aoe attacks seem to flip on the people standing at the back although the telegraph appears in front of the boss.
    Archmage's idea about the spawns being attached to the boss HP is pretty good.
    And yeah gorristo can get stuck behind portals, you can check Aragon's video shows it perfectly.
    The set in normal could really use some update, I think it was actually announced that way, something along the lines of updated demon lord set.