test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Currency Pins

inugurlinugurl Member Posts: 72 Arc User
While I really like the ability to pin my current currencies to my hud, why can't have it different set pinned on my other toons.
As a rule I only travel in one zone per character, that way I don't get too board. Is this by design or can we hope for a fix on this issue?
(I've been playing this game for a while and have 8 characters, I usually play 3-4 pretty solid.)

Comments

• Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    I definitely agree. Different characters will often have different currencies they are interested in monitoring.
    This needs to be changed to be pinned by character.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Yes please fix that. It doesn't make any sense that the same currencies are pinned on every character.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Different characters are usually doing different things, often at different stages of development therefore in different areas and doing different campaigns. Pinning currency is a great innovation and a good first step, but it needs to be fine-tuned to allow each character to have it's own setting.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Definitely agree with all this.
    @nitocris83 Any feedback on this for us?
  • Options
    nodonn#9611 nodonn Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I found out today that if you pin, for example Adventurer's Seal to your hud on one character ... it also pins on ALL of your alts. Kind of an odd choice on the Dev's part, not making it character specific. I'm still looking into it. Just added Chaotic Writings too, since my main tracks that one to get Juma gear to tool up my Alts before I take them through the Adventures. My alts who don't have any Chaotic Writings now have a redundant 0 cluttering up the hud, as well as the previous Seals. It's a handy innovation, to be sure, but really needs to be character specific to be more elegant.
  • Options
    rmlnw#3676 rmlnw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    In addition, if you don't have a pinned currency on the toon you are currently playing, but you want to unpin it and pin another one, you can't unpin the one you don't have.
    Just had this happen with Seal of the Dragon for example.
    Should definitely be per character, or if that isn't possible for some reason, per account would be an improvement also !

Excellent feature, love it !
  • Options
    Something is not working right with it either.
    I had previously on my main character, pinned the Northdark currencies.
    Today I cleared the pinned currencies on an alt and then pinned the winter festival currencies instead.
    Logged off after doing some gifting.
    Then later I logged in on my main and the pinned currencies were set back to Northdark on all my toons.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • Options
    rmlnw#3676 rmlnw Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2023

Today I cleared the pinned currencies on an alt and then pinned the winter festival currencies instead.
    Then later I logged in on my main and the pinned currencies were set back to Northdark on all my toons.

Yep, have noticed this also ! Sometimes it reverts back to a previously pinned currency when logging on other characters/accounts.
    *Edit* Another good reason to store these pinned currencies per character ?! Not that you need a reason to improve on something anyway, but it's a nice bonus :)
  • Options

Yep, have noticed this also ! Sometimes it reverts back to a previously pinned currency when logging on other characters/accounts.
    *Edit* Another good reason to store these pinned currencies per character ?! Not that you need a reason to improve on something anyway, but it's a nice bonus :)
    Please add your voice to my bug report here: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1266603/currency-pins-acting-weird
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I like it account wide It takes no time to switch in or out something relevant to a character but considerably longer the more characters you have. Account wide means I can see how much event or Sybella currency each character has as I invoke. On Sunday when I farmed the Northdark coins on my Paladin, it took no time to turn those on and then later, off again.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Maybe an option to check a box and have it display as either per account or per character. So two diff modes u can set in settings. It's the digital age, anything is possible.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    larphielarphie Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Really like this feature !

Maybe something similar for weekly haul(s) progress ? Or just put that bit of information in the tooltip when you hover over a Campaign in the Campaigns window. It already states campaign progress, so why not more info like weekly haul ?!