test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forcing solo players into random dungeon queues to get Northdark boons

scarlettsteelscarlettsteel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
Why do you force solo players into random dungeon queues? Some players prefer to play solo for a reason and now have no chance to get the Northdark boons because seals of the dragon are a requirement.
In my opinion this is a very bad gameplay decission and I'm considering to stop playing Neverwinter after 9 years.
Very disappointing.

Comments

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I suspect because of the low population of players at the moment people who do want to do RDQ can't because there's not enough PUGS/Groups doing them. But unless you run with a group of friends or play as tank/healer getting into a RDQ takes forever and many times fails now days anyway. I waited for over an hour yesterday and never got into one. I really don't understand why they did this either. It might be to foster FOMO but for people who prefer the play single this won't matter anyway.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The newest seals always tend to be from the Advanced randoms. Why should it change now?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Hello, I am generally a solo player myself and have no issue with this. Also, getting the extra seals of the dragon requires you to do RTQ or RADQ while you get extra seals of the north for skirmishes and RDQ.

Also, I try to run an RTQ at least once per day anyway but because I still queue up for it solo most of the time I do sometimes fail to complete one. Nowadays, most of the failed runs I get for RTQ is literally because what I get is quickly abandoned by the other players and I see no reason to even bother with it after that and this happens most often in the tiamat one.

for RDQ I do not usually do that one but when I do the wait times are not that long as I always use whatever type is going to get the extra bonus rAD. But then again, there really is no reason for me to do an RDQ as long as I get an RTQ done.

Skirmishes, I always queue up solo for that and generally have no problems. Still insta-abandon the manycoins bankheist myself though. no reason for it except that I have just completely given up on having a successful completion for that one ever again with a random group and also have no desire to ever complete that one ever again.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    greywynd said:

The newest seals always tend to be from the Advanced randoms. Why should it change now?

The difference is in order to get the boon points, you need to get the latest seal. I don't recall such requirement before. The issue is not about how one can get the dragon seal. It is more about why that is now a requirement for boon points.

Of course, one can always delay getting the boon point until the next mod when dragon seal becomes a soloable seal.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I also disagree with having to use seals from randoms to get boon points.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    edited November 2022

The difference is in order to get the boon points, you need to get the latest seal. I don't recall such requirement before. The issue is not about how one can get the dragon seal. It is more about why that is now a requirement for boon points.

Of course, one can always delay getting the boon point until the next mod when dragon seal becomes a soloable seal.

And, yet, people complain that the boons aren't worth the effort to get.
    Post edited by greywynd on
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Being a solo player in an mmo does NOT give you the right to access everything in the game. That is like saying "as a FPS gamer, I demand the ability to play a game in first person and have ranged weapon in this mobile game of cards." Just because a game has content for solo play, does not mean certain things have to be accessible to those types of players. I like being solo myself, but I realize that if I truly wanted a solo game, there are thousands of games that offer it. If I want something in this game that requires me to not be solo, then I either suck it up and do it...or just don't do it.

The game developers may allow for solo play, that is their decision. But they made this game as an Action MMORPG.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    What makes me nuts about the RDQ is you pick one that says 4 minutes, 10 minutes later you go hmm to yourself and check, it is now 25 minutes on and on. You might get a good group but sometimes you don't but the AD's are good, and eventually you will hit a group that will stick it out and finish.. I hate Tiamat the new one, 9 out of ten everyone quits. It's to busy and I really don't like the graphics in it. That money heist is another one that is a complete waste of time usually.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    You should not expect to always run your favorite activity to progress in game. Sometimes you just have to clench your teeth and push through.

The amount of RQs required to get the boons is not THAT huge. I am sure you will manage even if getting into RTQ and RADQ as a dps is a pain. Personally I always use my cleric for those: short queues and role bonus.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    New seals also used to drop from new zone HEs (as long as that mod was current), dunno when it stopped n why.
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    What about the boon in the dragon hunts ?

It is crazy to have to play multiplayer content in a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited November 2022

What about the boon in the dragon hunts ?

1. one boon point
    2. There is almost no solo content in that campaign.

i.e. it is like if you don't pvp, you won't get anything from pvp. If you don't do multiplayer, you don't get anything from dragon hunt. So, if one solo, one won't touch dragon hunt. You are either all in or all out. Not half and half. It also does not involve RQ.

Of course, it is their game, their rule. We just need to deal with it one way or the other.

Personally, I am not against multi-player or dungeon. I am against RQ in passion. i.e. forcing me to run something I don't like to run randomly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    If you don't do any group content I doubt that misisng 4-5 boon points out of a total of 96 matters.

Also you can get seals without doing any random queues. They also drop from dungeon chests in the advanced dungeons and trials
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Boons have always been part of a campaign progression that never required dungeon runs to complete. This whole change of forcing dungeon runs to complete a campaign is ridiculous! A campaign is a leveling experience and a dungeon is a high reward experience which up to the Northdark campaign have always been separate. I've spent plenty enough time in the campaign runs to earn the boon(s), just like the previous campaigns before the change. These changes are killing my interest in the game. The comments about it being a MMORPG and is not for single players game is just as ridiculous. I play solo because that is the way I like to play.

By definition: Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

A massively multiplayer online role-playing game is a video game that combines aspects of a role-playing video game and a massively multiplayer online game. As in role-playing games, the player assumes the role of a character and takes control over many of that character's actions (Wikipedia)

The definition does NOT say you have to join groups to play or to advance. This game is becoming more and more discriminatory against the solo players.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • Options
    gamgzy#8454 gamgzy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    There's become a bit of an obsession with partying, even for relatively easy, soloable content.
    Neverwinter was great because there was always a solo path through the game.
    I also dislike the idea of forced Randoms to gain Boons.
    Also, Boons are incredibly overrated.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Question:

If one does not engage in group content, what content will boon points aid in? :/

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ General Statement +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

Getting boons for additional characters outside of the 1 month campaign types has gotten quite ridiculous, especially with the 10 week campaigns... Personally would/will pretty much only do campaigns during their x2 currency event which means no x2 event, no boons for that campaign on additional characters for the most part. Boons are a lot of effort for "little" return in regard to obtaining them on multiple characters.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    for melota-just thought I would mention I did the manycoin bank heist on the reapers challenge and the group there was together, it took a minute because it seemed like it had massive amount of cockroaches but the effort was worth the reaper mark.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Yup, that is when I do that one as well. although, lately I have been missing the easy ones as well for RC as I am only doing it for the Greater Shards now.

Also, things seem to have changed and doing RC is usually only a morning thing now for me so if I miss it in the morning at reset then chances are I aint doing it for that day. Although, yesterday I did RC on my worst alt (wrkshpxtra) when it came up as I decided to just solo queue it while I was playing that toon.

Already used RC to upgrade a few companions to legendary (Batiri, Green Slime and Rimefire Golem) all toons had them at green and in AH what I wanted was either very expensive or non-existent so RC was the only way to go. Same with the Alpha Compy and the Tamed Velociraptor which were the only two new ones for me but apparently they are must haves as all my toons now have those two skills equipped and on some of them I even upgraded to mythic.

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    One or two of my alts have all of the Underdark boons, but I'm not going to chase them for the rest. I have 21 alts and it's simply too much effort and time for too little reward. Just getting them through the campaigns is a soul-crushing grind, and I'm leaving 2 alts well behind in the process. I'm going to wait for some form of patronage token or some other alt-friendly mechanism before I work on grinding them through the newest campaigns. I simply don't have the time to spare.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I just plain do not like the Skirmish and Dungeons.
    I have done many of them, sometimes with a group of friends (but that gets hard when schedules conflict or most move on to other games.)
    I want to play the CONTENT of the new modules! Not have to group up with uncaring random people from the internet...

Friends = Good, but few and far between.
    Randos = Bad, very often rude or weird...
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Or....... wait like 5 or more Mods until the campaign goes legacy....

If you complete the story quests now and complete the campaign, when Northdark Reaches goes legacy it should be 100% complete already and you can then claim the boons without having to run group content.

Neverwinter has a timeline cycle to it, wanting things early usually costs considerable preparation (time previously invested)/money, earning things usually takes a considerable amount of time/money and waiting for things usually costs a considerable amount of time.

- VIP for example costs 1k ZEN (not discounted).
    - Converting AD to ZEN takes about 3 months (on PS4).
    - Sometimes there are ZEN market sales of like 30% off (or more) and the 20% anything coupons from invocation bags.

A player can either: spend $10, place a ZEN order and wait 3 months for it to be filled, have placed an order for ZEN 3 months prior and or wait for a sale/coupon and spend less ZEN that they already have/purchase ZEN and spend less that they just got.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen