test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mask of the fallen in store from beginning of event

So basically the winner is chosen in advance and anyone on the other teams are all wasting their time participating. OK.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I noticed that, too. That and the and the one from 2020, I believe, are there and the others in the zen store. No idea why the two (one, not even last year’s) are buyable with AD, but that doesn’t mean a winner has been chosen. The winner gets it for free and the other teams have to buy it if they want it. So, if another team wins, we get two new masks this year? Lol.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The old ones I can understand, but there is no explanation for having one of the current ones there before the team has actually won. It's illogical and makes no sense. If it was intended to have current ones in the store DURING the event they would have had all three of the current team's visages there, not just one teams. However this makes no sense either because the way the event runs is that everyone tries to get their team to win so they can have the wining visage, as everyone knows that the losing visages never become available to players, only the winning one. So they try to win so theirs becomes obtainable. This is the whole point of the teams activity and choosing a faction to be on in the first place. The likely explanation is that someone stuffed-up and loaded the final shop code meant for after it was over instead of the during-event shop code. This only leaves the question were there three final shop versions and it just happened to be the one which is most popular this year which was loaded in error, or was it just one version which means the winner was already decided in advance.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    While I also find it weird that the new visage is for sale from the beginning, you folks might want to actually read the full blog post:
    ----------------QUOTE----------------
    Unlike previous years, the winning team’s illusion mask will not be awarded directly. Instead, a Masquerade Veil Choice Pack containing masks of the three active teams for that year will be available at the event vendor to claim by members of the winning team. Players not on the winning team will receive a Consolation Prize, which includes 200 Masquerade Tokens and will be able to purchase the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack for 1200 tokens.
    -------------END QUOTE---------------
    So the choice pack is the one that will become available to buy later on.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    Still doesn't explain why one of the teams visages (and only one) is available right now.
  • Options
    I think they've lost the plot totally.
  • Options

While I also find it weird that the new visage is for sale from the beginning, you folks might want to actually read the full blog post:
    Unlike previous years, the winning team’s illusion mask will not be awarded directly. Instead, a Masquerade Veil Choice Pack containing masks of the three active teams for that year will be available at the event vendor to claim by members of the winning team. Players not on the winning team will receive a Consolation Prize, which includes 200 Masquerade Tokens and will be able to purchase the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack for 1200 tokens.

So where is the choice pack to purchase?
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

At the, now, lonely event vendor.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    plan009 said:

Nope not there for me. Neither is it at the other vendor under the tree some people were saying it was at, under the participation tab. It's at neither. Only thing in the vendor list is the mask of the fallen single item and I already bought one of those. I put in a ticket.
  • Options
    theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User

plan009 said:

Nope not there for me. Neither is it at the other vendor under the tree some people were saying it was at, under the participation tab. It's at neither. Only thing in the vendor list is the mask of the fallen single item and I already bought one of those. I put in a ticket.
    Sounds like it's bugged for people that chose the non winning team or they made a mistake in the blog (wouldn't be the first time). Perhaps that's why the mask of the fallen was there to begin with, as they meant non winners could buy that and not the choice pack.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Picked Witch, bought Fallen from store during event. No option to buy choice pack now. Maybe buying the mask from the store already is the key. Is there anyone who didn't buy the mask but sees the choice pack?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I got the choice pack without buying a mask.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    I just got another response from support, they said a senior GM had been in contact with the dev team and they would provide information on it "via our official news pages and forums when we have more information regarding this matter". So we just have to be patient now. They initially quoted the blog post to me (with a link) in their first response and apologized for it not happening, which means the information in the blog post was not in error and was correct.
  • Options
    pitshade said:

Picked Witch, bought Fallen from store during event. No option to buy choice pack now. Maybe buying the mask from the store already is the key. Is there anyone who didn't buy the mask but sees the choice pack?

Yea I'm in the same boat as you, I picked mashers team to be on and bought the fallen one early-on because why not, it was there and I had the tokens at the time.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    DOnt know if you guys got the answear, but i got Fallen team (since new team somehow always win) and one of my Chars got a message to grab the Prize at the store, could chose 1 free visage between the 3 aviable this year, i got Toil since i always wanted and Bought 1 Fallen from store with currency... is a bit expensive to get more than one those things should be account wide unlock...
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

The Mask of the Fallen and the Cryptic Visage were available at the Masquerade Vendor, but it did not influence the Contest of Liars. There have been some changes this year, and I think that players will get used to these changes starting next year.

Here are a few reminders regarding the blog:
    - Players must reach a minimum required contribution to qualify for a free gift (that's displayed on the UI in the event tracker, and it requires 15 daily quests from the Contest of Liars)
    - Players on the winning team will receive a Masquerade Veil Choice Pack
    - Players not on the winning team will receive a Consolation Prize, which includes 200 Masquerade Tokens and will be able to purchase the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack for 1200 tokens.

This year, the team Clan of the Fallen, led by Felseah the Artful, won on all platforms.

Please note that next year, the team Toil & Trouble, led by Witchy Wand, will be replaced by a new team.
    The Clan of the Fallen will therefore participate again next year.

We are also currently investigating a potential issue preventing players who were not on the winning team to purchase the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    After internal discussion and verification of documentation, we unfortunately noticed that the blog incorrectly indicated that the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack would be available for purchase by players who were not part of the winning team. These players can however still purchase the Mask of the Fallen for 1200 tokens, and the Cryptic Visage for 1000 tokens. The blog has been modified to fix this error. We apologize for the confusion this error caused and we hope to have past team masks available in the Zen Market in future runs of the event.

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    percemer said:

After internal discussion and verification of documentation, we unfortunately noticed that the blog incorrectly indicated that the Masquerade Veil Choice Pack would be available for purchase by players who were not part of the winning team. These players can however still purchase the Mask of the Fallen for 1200 tokens, and the Cryptic Visage for 1000 tokens. The blog has been modified to fix this error. We apologize for the confusion this error caused and we hope to have past team masks available in the Zen Market in future runs of the event.

Regards,

Are you joking. So basically once again, mistakes are made and tooltips and information cannot be relied upon. Why should we even bother reading information is beyond me if it can't be relied upon. Wonderful. Beyond disappointed and disgusted with the way this event was run and the way we were misled.

I will say this. Please take strong note. - The changes to the way the visages are now allocated has taken away most, if not all, of the reason to be on any other team other than the one you know is going to win. And every year we ALWAYS know before we play. So what's the point of HAVING teams in the first place. I've been doing this since the first one. The way it worked is that whichever team won that year got to control which visage was available for players that year, and the two other ones were not available and you had to wait another whole year to have another go at it. This massive control over the outcome was the prize. And this was a huge deal. This was what drove you to try as hard as you could and participate as much as you could. This was the glory of being on the winning team. Being able to control which single one of the three visages everyone else could ultimately have. And this was the reason you busted your balls no matter which team you chose (based on which visage you liked, not which one was the newest) to do your quests every day and hoped that your team just got over the line and won. You knew that one team was favored over the other two but you still had a chance to win control so you tried as hard as you could to do every single one of your tasks every single day. Every team had a chance and the stakes were high because the two losing visages were not available to anyone and the only way they could be was if that team won. The other two gone for a year. Massive incentive to try. But now that you are offering all three to the winning team, do you actually realize what you have done?

You've taken away ANY reason to be on any team other than the one you know is going to win. And each year we all know which team is going to win, it's always obvious and no secret. Personally the last two years I knew the goblin wasn't going to win, but I really wanted that visage and the ONLY way to get it was to be on that team and try to get them over the line and hope the favored team screwed up or something, not likely, but it was the one and ONLY way to get a chance at that visage and the one and ONLY reason I was on that team in the first place. Now I find out (after the event is well and truly over too - double disgusting) that the one and only way to get that visage was not to actually be on that team, oh no, but to be on the wining team which was always going to be The Fallen, we all knew this, then I could have just got the goblin for free. I am so angry. We were all so misled.

And yea, there is now NO POINT to be on any team other than the one everyone knows is going to win, so big congratulations for ripping the guts out of the event and making fair and competitive participation on all three teams totally pointless. There's literally NO POINT in being on the other two teams now, do you realize this? Next year I will just do what I did the first few times and go on the team which I know is going to win and choose whatever I want, and I guess the event will just be meh who cares from now on for everyone, we all know who's going to win, why bother trying. No-one will care anymore as long as they get their pack at the end and they can have whatever visage they like. It's nice to be able to choose whatever one you like, but choosing a team to be on for the event has lost all its meaning now and the fun and excitement has been sucked out of the event, I hope you realize this. Why even bother having teams anymore.

And @nitocris83 maybe you need to stop writing blogs. That was a disgusting error. Even the support team believed it and quoted it to me in correspondence.