test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS] Northdark Reaches Launch Week Issues

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the new content or that began with the release of Northdark Reaches. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Current Known Issues

Northdark Reaches Adventure Zone
Braelin reappears in his cage after completing ‘The Doors of Neirt Elamshin’ quest

Temple of the Spider
Some players may receive extra boss currency in Temple of the Spider (Master).
Players may remain in combat after defeating Da’Zora Mizzrym until exiting her boss room.
Some spell combinations from Da’Zora Mizzrym boss fight may cause an FPS drop for consoles and minimum spec PCs.
Barrel Bombs on Halbryn Dark Stalker fight may not fade immediately after being killed.
Hissing sound effect from an ignited fuse on Barrel Bombs may continue playing after it explodes

Myconid Lockbox
Mount package from the Myconid Lockbox does not display the correct mount’s name.

Rewards
The Moonlight’s Blessing Power is not triggered by some bard AoE healing spells.
Northdark Navigator buff incorrectly states that it works “in the Underdark” (Power is only active in Northdark Reaches)
Northdark Navigator buff has a placeholder icon
'Northdark Plate' armor doesn't display properly on characters when wearing a body paint fashion item.

Wizard Class Balance
Temporary HP from 'Spell Mastery Shield' only absorbs 66% of damage taken.
Temporary HP from ‘Shield’ is granted after a 1 second delay.

Inventory Improvements
Using the potion belt picker doesn't display custom bag names.

General
Dashing Chapeaus from Dashing Key Bundle hides the character's hair when equipped.

User Interface
Landing Page does not display ad for current Battle Pass and indicates there is no Battle Pass active. Rothé Valley remains active until Nov. 29.

Comments

• Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Well, everyone booted from server and shard down. Psn
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Nice work as usual!!
    Patched , installed , click play , whamo, disconnect.
    Tbh , I’m not surprised, just send my compensation via mail please
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Disconnect from log in server is the message I get .
  • Options
    lithrael#5939 lithrael Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here, can’t get in.
  • Options
    forlornhalo#2800 forlornhalo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Doing the seed quest (The Earth Node) in Reclamation Rock. The stairs down into the main part of the dungeon (after you zone in) are blocked and there is no way to get down them. I was grouped with a person who said there was supposed to be a lever but it’s just a circle of light with some spikes in it. Oh, and I can’t post new threads yet so I thought I’d try here since I found this problem today.

Edit-I’m on a PS5
  • Options
    gavw#7443 gavw Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I can't switch to my DPS loadout I'm getting the message:
    "Failed to equip Awakened Forager's Box: can only equip limited number of this type of item"
  • Options
    michelee#4229 michelee Member Posts: 17 Arc User

I grabbed this but it is not showing up at the rewards claim agent. What is with that?

This is for the Alienware Renegade Drow key giveaway. It is registered to my arcgames account.

• Options
    droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Cant interact with braelin Janquay.
  • Options
    walker#8832 walker Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Please check the interaction between Guild Stronghold Boons for enhancing overloads and the slayer and ward overloads provided in the new campaign store.

For example I tested the new drow ward overload with and without the use of the Enhance Overload: Ward boon (maxed), and the boon isn't changing the effectiveness of the ward at all.

Much appreciated,
    Walker
  • Options
    gavw#7443 said:

"Failed to equip Awakened Forager's Box: can only equip limited number of this type of item"

I'm still getting this error after the update...

• Options
    atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    The Way of the Drow Choice Pack is not available to claim from the Rewards Claim Agent, even though it was supposed to be available until December 1.
  • Options
    gavw#7443 said:

gavw#7443 said:

I'm still getting this error after the update...

Despite a fix for this being in today's patch notes I'm still getting this error and unable to switch to my DPS loadout with my Cleric
  • Options
    alyzrym#7627 alyzrym Member Posts: 1 New User
    Armor appearance change for neck is not showing on Menzoberranzan Renegade drow (female).
  • Options
    matelo#5751 matelo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Legendary mount of Fallen Angels Wings gives item level 750 for Ruthless Efficiency Equipment power instead of 1815.
  • Options
    jimmy3722#9770 jimmy3722 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The quest "The Rite of the worm" is not counting for my cleric on either devout nor arbiter.
  • Options
    stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 132 Arc User

The quest "The Rite of the worm" is not counting for my cleric on either devout nor arbiter.

Last night, same issue for both myself and at least 1 other in zone chat. Participated in the worms / "Fungal" HE, definitely did damage throughout, healed throughout, and the quest remains at 0/4.
  • Options
    redfist#9572 redfist Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Last night, same issue for both myself and at least 1 other in zone chat. Participated in the worms / "Fungal" HE, definitely did damage throughout, healed throughout, and the quest remains at 0/4.
    I had the same issue with my pally tank, but then when I joined a group (including 4/5 dps), I did get credit. It seems as though NW is trying to decide if you were impactful in the fight and if not - you don't get credit.
  • Options

I had the same issue with my pally tank, but then when I joined a group (including 4/5 dps), I did get credit. It seems as though NW is trying to decide if you were impactful in the fight and if not - you don't get credit.
    I'll try that tonight, thank you! It's strange to get the HE credit but not for the quest.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

I'll try that tonight, thank you! It's strange to get the HE credit but not for the quest.
    You get HE credit after you participate the HE.
    You get worm credit (for each worm) if you inflict enough damage for that worm.
    i.e. if you focus on one worm while the other worm was killed, you only get 1 worm. If you join others to deal with the 1st one and then do the 2nd one, you get 2 worm credit. That assumes you did enough to each worm.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

You get HE credit after you participate the HE.
    You get worm credit (for each worm) if you inflict enough damage for that worm.
    i.e. if you focus on one worm while the other worm was killed, you only get 1 worm. If you join others to deal with the 1st one and then do the 2nd one, you get 2 worm credit. That assumes you did enough to each worm.
    So, I got the quest to 4 / 4 last night without grouping up as suggested. The funny thing is, I did nothing different on this Cleric. I've updated nothing (insignias, companion powers, etc) since not getting the updates. Same powers, same rotation.

The only difference I can imagine is that this time, there was no HE zerg group spanking the worms, so while I may have done similar damage numbers, I may have personally removed a higher % of the worms' total HP as the fights lasted longer. IDK. Moving along.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2023

The only difference I can imagine is that this time, there was no HE zerg group spanking the worms, so while I may have done similar damage numbers, I may have personally removed a higher % of the worms' total HP as the fights lasted longer. IDK. Moving along.

You were not doing similar damage numbers. You had similar average damage number which is irrelevant for this. For example, you hit the worm for 2 minutes damaged the worm more than you only hit it for 1 minute.

Also, some people avoid fighting up front and hit less than they could have. They do not know how to avoid being expel by the worm while fighting up front. All 9 characters I have (they don't have high item level comparing with those complaining they could not get credit in the chat) did not have problem getting worm credit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    did this on my DC during a train run, the group thing seems to work without fail at least I got the last 3 worms without me even bothering to use my Dailies and there was just no doubt whatsoever that my clerics DPS output while I was grouped with the other players was much less than what it was when I did the worms solo.

while soloing during the train run I only got credit once for one worm where my DC was able to go all out on her DPS output. (includes using everything I had twice: 2 daily, 2 artifact and 2 mount powers. for the other worm I only got to use those powers once and got nothing.

My second try I got nothing. Although I was able to get both worms to target me for a short while during the fight. From what I can tell, since I improved some of my healing stats, I do seem to get targeted more often during apparent lulls in DPS output by others. After that I started inviting people to join the train and then remained in group mode for the rest of the train run because someone mentioned that it worked better that way and they were right.
  • Options
    savage#6340 savage Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hellooooooo 0/
    Has anyone else noticed that Warlock's Feat " Creaping Death" does not seam to be doing any damage and is always dodged? Or is it just mine? Lol
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    pretty sure that feat has never worked correctly since at least 2018 when I first created a SW. Back then it replaced curse which was still needed for synergy use with other encounter and daily powers thus preventing them from doing additional stuff. Or at least it never worked for me based upon the damage logs I read.

Back then I just dropped it from my build because I always had from 1 to 3 encounter powers dependent upon the curse mechanic and the synergy skill use was not being transferred to the Creeping Death feat . Also, back then it invalidated some other feats you had to select before then as they were also based upon the use of Curse mechanic.

Now I still use blades of vanquished armies and sometimes I will still switch to dreadtheft for easy damage output when with a group.

I presume if they had made it an additional thing that gets applied after curse is applied or if it were a complete replacement for the curse mechanic thus allowing for synergy use without invalidating my previous feat choices then yeah I would have kept it.