test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's the Remember Me/Keep Me Logged In option for the forums now?

greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
Getting tired of having to sign in every time I visit the forums lately.

@nitocris83
I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Did you turn off cookies in your browser?
    For me, it just keeps me logging in regardless after I restart the browser and/or reboot the system.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    No changes on my end. I used to have to do it once a month. Now it is every time and there's no "Remember Me" checkbox.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll check to see if it's an issue with Arc integration or on the forum software side.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

I'll check to see if it's an issue with Arc integration or on the forum software side.

Is anything being done about this? It started happening to me, too, once it decided to log me out. I don’t want to log in again every single time I come to the forums.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Just saw this thread, I've been having the same issue (on chrome). As long as I don't close the browser window, I can stay logged in even when not on the site. Multiple tabs, one tab, etc, but as soon as I close the window entirely, I'm logged out and have to log back in again.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    arazith07 said:

Just saw this thread, I've been having the same issue (on chrome). As long as I don't close the browser window, I can stay logged in even when not on the site. Multiple tabs, one tab, etc, but as soon as I close the window entirely, I'm logged out and have to log back in again.

Interesting. I use chrome but I don't have this issue. However, I seldom close the browser unless I need to reboot the system. I also don't turn off my PC unless I need to reboot the system. On the other hand, after reboot, I bring up chrome and then I 'restore' the tabs instead of getting to the site through bookmark. I don't need to login and supply the password. Everything is like before I reboot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I found a login page with a remember me option on this page, and have not needed to log in again since.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/sign/in