test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What class should be updated next?

arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
So with M24 coming out soon(tm), what class(es) do you all think should be updated next?

There are several reasons to update a class; bugs, underperforming, unused paragon paths, etc. When suggesting what class, please indicate why and what needs to be addressed.
-List of bugs related to specific class (or role), links to megathreads are welcome!
-How each paragon is performing in your opinion
-Lists of suggestions to improve the class
-More info you have, the better!

For reference, here is the stream @nitocris83 and @rgutscheradev had about the subject (future updates was discussed around the 30 minute mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkrZQPuHJPs&t=1597s

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    So I think that Tanking needs to be addressed. Mainly Aggro and to some extent, Barbarians need more group value.

Known Bugs:
    Consoles-cannot be rezzed when put in a downed state while blocking

Paragon Performance:
    Fighter and Paladin are both in a good spot in my opinion
    Barbarian has good survivability and personal damage, however does not have the group utility that either of the other tanks possess.

Possible Improvements:
    -Have more debuffing abilities that improve the damage of teammates, and debuffs the damage that the Barbarian's target puts out. I don't think that Barbarians should be able to drastically improve party DPS as it will run the risk of always being picked over the other 2 tanks, but being able to reduce the enemy's outgoing damage would be roughly equivalent to the Fighter and Paladin's ability to give Damage Reduction to teammates and fit the theme of a Barbarian.
    -Aggro: We need better communication on how the relationship between aggro and damage work, and if needed more aggro gaining tools for all tanks.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    arazith07 said:

So I think that Tanking needs to be addressed. Mainly Aggro and to some extent, Barbarians need more group value.

Known Bugs:
    Consoles-cannot be rezzed when put in a downed state while blocking

Paragon Performance:
    Fighter and Paladin are both in a good spot in my opinion
    Barbarian has good survivability and personal damage, however does not have the group utility that either of the other tanks possess.

Possible Improvements:
    -Have more debuffing abilities that improve the damage of teammates, and debuffs the damage that the Barbarian's target puts out. I don't think that Barbarians should be able to drastically improve party DPS as it will run the risk of always being picked over the other 2 tanks, but being able to reduce the enemy's outgoing damage would be roughly equivalent to the Fighter and Paladin's ability to give Damage Reduction to teammates and fit the theme of a Barbarian.
    -Aggro: We need better communication on how the relationship between aggro and damage work, and if needed more aggro gaining tools for all tanks.

Paladin have some issues the att wills have very low magnitude and also the tab mechanic has cooldown. Paladin losing critical avoidance when divinity decreases. Shield of faith is laughable daily.
  • Options
    drago#9606 drago Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Barb tank would be my top choice, though quite like the idea of balancing tanking paragons as a whole, given there are only three.