Options

Malabog's Castle "gather party" bug

robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
edited August 2022 in Bug Reports (PC)
Please fix this bug in :
1) if you die during some mini boss fight
2) and you respawn
3) then you can't enter the fight because of "gather party" bug
4) and after the fight is over you still can't progress, you still see "gather party",
5) but party members go forward, kills mobs, etc.
6) only before the end boss fight they can't progress without you, they need to "gather party", but you also need to "gather party", so the whole party is stuck
7) which results in you being kicked without completion

When a week ago I was stuck at "gather party" bug I've asked to be kicked and they kicked, it was not a big problem, I just ran another dungeon (no penalty for for waiting when you're kicked).
But today I've joined a random group and I was behind a door with "gather party" already (which means a person before me was stuck and dropped party or was kicked) and I also asked to be kicked, but they didn't and I've had to waste my time the whole time until they realized that they can't enter boss fight without me, so they finally kicked me.

What a buggy game ...

This is actually a return of an old bug, I think I remember having a similar bug like 5-6 years ago in, later it was fixed, but like 3 years ago saw it again, etc. (maybe it was never actually fixed, but these days it's way too frequent)

On top of that I usually play my tanks, because random dungeons need them more often than others, but tanks have another bug: they're in fight state most of the time, even when there are no mobs around you for a long time, you can't use your mount, while everyone else can, also can't open doors or pull levers. Someone in chat said that it happens when a healer targets tank, but that's another topic.

So, a combination of these bugs really sucks.

EDIT: read the post below:

It turns out there is a workaround:

Post edited by robai#6206 on

Comments

• Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    If this is the same bug I’m thinking of, the only workaround is, after the fight you died in is over, for everyone to die, be brought back to an earlier location and join anyone at the earlier “gather party” spot, then continue on.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    plan009 said:

If this is the same bug I’m thinking of, the only workaround is, after the fight you died in is over, for everyone to die, be brought back to an earlier location and join anyone at the earlier “gather party” spot, then continue on.

Good luck doing that in a random group, kicking you is a much simple solution for them :)

• Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

plan009 said:

Good luck doing that in a random group, kicking you is a much simple solution for them :)

All but one time were randoms and that’s what we did when I brought it up. Admittedly, I’ve seen randoms attempt to kick even a heal during an ancient dragon, while fighting the dragon, for no apparent reason, lol. In any case, it’d be nice if this longtime bug were fixed, but I’ve been seeing it for at least a couple of years...
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating - thanks for reporting!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Just ran Malabog's Castle, a person died at miniboss and was stuck behind us (the same gather party bug).
    Then they somehow entered Protector's Enclave and when they returned back to us they appeared at our location (the camp before final boss), so were able to completed it.

I'm curious how can you leave dungeon like that? I mean if you choose to Abandon Dungeon then usually you also drop party and can't get back or it works differently in Malabog's Castle? (or maybe it's time spent in dungeon that matters for this?) This was a random group, not a private group (and it wasn't a beginning of dungeon, where you can click on the door to leave dungeon and then you can come back).
    Post edited by robai#6206 on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Just ran Malabog's Castle, a person died at miniboss and was stuck behind us (the same gather party bug).
    Then they somehow entered Protector's Enclave and when they returned back to us they appeared at out location (the camp before final boss), so were able to completed it.

I'm curious how can you leave dungeon like that? I mean if you choose to Abandon Dungeon then usually you also drop party and can't get back or it works differently in Malabog's Castle? (or maybe it's time spent in dungeon that matters for this?) This was a random group, not a private group (and it wasn't a beginning of dungeon, where you can click on the door to leave dungeon and then you can come back).

VIP sigpost and then "Return to instance" ??
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Then they somehow entered Protector's Enclave and when they returned back to us they appeared at out location (the camp before final boss), so were able to completed it.

either a teleport scroll, or VIP transfer?
  • Options

VIP sigpost and then "Return to instance" ??

Good call, it was probably that.

• Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    There is an other way to progress forward. In some cases party members don't need to die and respawn at campfire, they can enter the circle in their side of the door so you all can progress forward. However in random queues ppl won't do that bc they don't have 1 more minute to go back to door. They might miss the 5 min waiting for you to catch up to them.