test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developers continually lying to the player base

How can you defend telling the player base certain items are limited time never to come back again (aasmir race) , or certain items will only ever have 100 of said item in the game and you need to grind for months to get the exclusive items (zariel companion) and then go ahead and add these items back in the game for real life money or astral lockbox? its a literal slap in the face to every player who put the time and effort in to the game and simply tells the player base to not even bother playin for future items like this cause they will eventually come back came in the game for everyone to buy regardless of what is said at the time .

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Except that they never said that. Yes they said limited time, but never that it was never coming back. As far as the exclusive variants, just the visual variant is exclusive, the functional item they sold at the time of it being earned (but had a different but similar skin). Everyone guessed at the time that Aasimar was going to be a race pack sometime in the future, but those that wanted the race early, got it for however long that was, a lot of players that unlocked Aasimar, did it for the other rewards as well. Just like when the Gith were released, it was free for a limited time for just for playing the game at the time, but now newer players have to pay for it.
  • Options
    spartan3121#9063 spartan3121 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    and you are 100% incorrect , it was stated the aasmir was not going to be coming back and only available at that time and the redeemed citadel was literally created for server wide competition to get the only 100 items that would be in the game , zariel was one of those rewards and it now coming back to the game . once again its a spit in the face to the player base and jus more lies to add on the pile.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

and you are 100% incorrect , it was stated the aasmir was not going to be coming back and only available at that time and the redeemed citadel was literally created for server wide competition to get the only 100 items that would be in the game , zariel was one of those rewards and it now coming back to the game . once again its a spit in the face to the player base and jus more lies to add on the pile.

In the time of the Internet, such statements should be substantiated by links to the relevant posts.
  • Options
    chano13#9005 chano13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    They also said they were going to make it so that we can claim the converted mythic enchantments to acc wide multiple or at least 3xs one for each type whether off Def or utility and last I herd they said that that was never going to be an option the screenshot says differently
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

They also said they were going to make it so that we can claim the converted mythic enchantments to acc wide multiple or at least 3xs one for each type whether off Def or utility and last I herd they said that that was never going to be an option the screenshot says differently

That is how it is working now? You can convert (I think unlimited) r5's to account wide and then get the same number back on all your alts. They never said you could convert just one and get back as many as you want.

And either way, stuff on Preview is always subject to change. That is the nature of Preview. It is under development. It is experimental. Things will change as Cryptic try out things and fail.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

1. Link me to where they said that, you are welcome to use the wayback machine if you think they edited it out
    2. Where are they bringing back this exclusive Zariel?
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

1. Link me to where they said that, you are welcome to use the wayback machine if you think they edited it out
    2. Where are they bringing back this exclusive Zariel?
    Zariel is now on the Astral Lockbox on preview. Legendary quality, account-wide unlock. Better than the original "exclusive" reward, which was a single epic Zariel.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2022

I don't know how you read dev's post and how you understand the current system. As far as I can tell, I cannot see anything in his post contradict the current system.

Right now, all the enchantment slots (7 garnet, 2 jade, ...) and runestone slot are filled by account wide enchantment for my characters.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I'm not mad although my profit from buying "limited" items (lockboxes etc.) and trying to resell for profit month later has surely diminished. Most items pop up in Astral Lockboxes or as dungeon reward etc. and you really need good knowledge and some luck to play the buy low / sell high game atm.

It's not a scam to me, but I agree that there should be more items that you can only obtain through a singular activity and/or for a limited time. Either you've been there and done that or you miss out. Don't see the issue. Feels like the devs are a bit too concerned about players complaining that they can't get a particular item any longer. Solution is to prioritize skins and looks more than power for these type of items.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They also said coal wards wouldn't be leaving the trade bar merchant. 3 months later and they were gone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User

Solution is to prioritize skins and looks more than power for these type of items.

Zariel is just an exclusive skin already. Soradiel is (or should be, according to the old blog post about it) identical in all functionality and was meant to be the "generally available" version of Zariel. Same thing applies to the other top rewards from the milestones.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User

Zariel is just an exclusive skin already. Soradiel is (or should be, according to the old blog post about it) identical in all functionality and was meant to be the "generally available" version of Zariel. Same thing applies to the other top rewards from the milestones.

Zariel is more than a skin it's a collection item, and Soradiel isn't. Not to worry... if the lockbox Zariel is like any of the recently re-introduced items then it won't complete its collection entry anyway... so the original Zariel will still have value for the (very very) hardcore collectors :)

Compare this situation to some of the artifact gear that now drops from dungeon chests... legendary items for a few thousand AD on the auction house. I converted some to an appearance item today. Times are changing...

• Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Well the Redeemed Citadel was supposed to be unlimited time for those that purchased it. Then that was scrapped.
    Expect it. All things change with time.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

They also said coal wards wouldn't be leaving the trade bar merchant. 3 months later and they were gone.

Only the real ones remember >:)

Solution is to prioritize skins and looks more than power for these type of items.

That's why I think Zariel should have stayed exclusive.
    karvare said:

All things change with time.

mintmark said:

Times are changing...

Think this misses the point because it depends on the item. I have no issue that power gets devalued over time. It's way easier to get your Mount and Companion bolster than a year ago, just to name one example. But skins and novelty can very well be exclusive and it's an important part for players to "show off" what they've earned and others cannot. I still use my Caturday Survivor title for the exact same reason. It would one great disappointment if Cryptic made the title available elsewhere.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User

Think this misses the point because it depends on the item. I have no issue that power gets devalued over time. It's way easier to get your Mount and Companion bolster than a year ago, just to name one example. But skins and novelty can very well be exclusive and it's an important part for players to "show off" what they've earned and others cannot. I still use my Caturday Survivor title for the exact same reason. It would one great disappointment if Cryptic made the title available elsewhere.

That's a reasonable view, but then they arguably contradict it by putting Zariel into the collections, which sends a message of everybody get one of these, fill in the box and collect the whole set. I say arguably, because which ever way I look at collections and whatever I think they are for, the collections are full of inconsistencies.

Also, if Zariel was just for the players that did it to show off, then it probably shouldn't be allowed on the auction house 🙂

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    The only thing collections are for is bragging rights.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    mintmark said:

That's a reasonable view, but then they arguably contradict it by putting Zariel into the collections, which sends a message of everybody get one of these, fill in the box and collect the whole set. I say arguably, because which ever way I look at collections and whatever I think they are for, the collections are full of inconsistencies.

Also, if Zariel was just for the players that did it to show off, then it probably shouldn't be allowed on the auction house 🙂

I agree. Collector items should be bound and the collection is a mess. Imho everything in the collection should be obtainable so that new players can put in the time and complete categories. Maybe limited time and collector items could be an independent category without collection points. That way the game offered a somewhat complete item database but new players would still be able to complete collections.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The only thing collections are for is bragging rights.

But how do you brag? Show your collections? Taking screen shot and post it somewhere?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***