test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Summer Festival Artisan... Again...

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
Last year, at the beginning of the Summer Festival, many of us were unable to do craft Sahaa balls because of the lack of a Summer Festival Artisan. If I recall correctly, after a few days, they fixed this bug. (Thankfully, we were able to gather materials during the wait, so our Artisans could "catch up" with the daily task.)

Well, it looks like they've done it again. Same bug? Or am I missing something in picking up the Summer Festival Artisan? (And, yeah, I've visited the Workshop. And I'm not maxed out on Artisans or anything.)

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Did you visit your workshop office?

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

We are aware and are looking into why the fix reverted.

We are actively working on resolving it quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • Options
    juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    New summer festival, but another year i have no artisan in my work Shop, i am tired of this, several days wasted until you fix it, is not serious. 7 years playing neverwinter, and you never learn of your mistakes..... Please fix it asap and have in mind a compensation for this issue... My platform, as last year, is PS5
  • Options
    hehateme999#2396 hehateme999 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    We have this problem literally every year. When will it be fixed????
  • Options
    jamiefors#0606 jamiefors Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Looks like my Summer artisan hasn't turned up to work today :(
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    percemer said:

We are actively working on resolving it quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Thank you for the quick response. I hope this translates to a quick fix.

But, to be honest, I've got to ask... Why wasn't this checked out before making the event live again this year? Since it was such a big issue last summer, it seems like common sense would be to at least test things before flipping the switch on this year's event.

I guess I should also suggest that y'all begin thinking about actions to make up for any time lost by the bug recurring (i.e., will you need to extend the event for X number of days because it took X number of days to fix it?).

• Options
    mike31584mike31584 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    this is the 3rd or 4th year in a row where i havent been able to get the event artisan for the first week of the event. at this point wouldnt the simple fix be to leave the event tab in crafting all the time so we can just keep our artisans instead of deal with this glitch every year
  • Options
    zombiefan03#9189 zombiefan03 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I went into summer festival and got my ball reagents, and then I went into my workshop to make it. No artisan at all popped up. I do not have full artisans. I made to sure to have a slot open for the event hoping it wouldn't glitch again this year. No luck for me.
  • Options
    xxdrellaxxxxdrellaxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    so AGAIN the summer artisan isn't there for a lot of us AND trying to report it isn't available either. seems you can't get to support through ANY of the links. Anyone know how to get help at all any more???
  • Options
    xxdrellaxxxxdrellaxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    so AGAIN the festival artisan isn't there for me, i go to support to report it. but guess what? you can't get to it. on anything. no live chat support now, when you go to report & it asks you to log in it gives you a page saying not found ........ so HOW are we supposed to contact them about issues now?
  • Options
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Report that in the Bug Report Forum of your platform.
  • Options
    hottsuace#2038 hottsuace Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    There are 2 rank 7 tasks in summer provisoning in the workshop to make grand summer feasts, however both of them require the old buff foods(sorbet with 10% power and accuracy, ect) that you can't obtain anymore. I reported this last year, but nothing was done, even tho updates were made to this event
  • Options
    > @percemer said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We are aware and are looking into why the fix reverted.
    >
    > We are actively working on resolving it quickly. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
    >
    > Regards,

Every year...
  • Options
    > @docsc00ter said:
    > Thank you for the quick response. I hope this translates to a quick fix.
    >
    > But, to be honest, I've got to ask... Why wasn't this checked out before making the event live again this year? Since it was such a big issue last summer, it seems like common sense would be to at least test things before flipping the switch on this year's event.
    >
    > I guess I should also suggest that y'all begin thinking about actions to make up for any time lost by the bug recurring (i.e., will you need to extend the event for X number of days because it took X number of days to fix it?).

Because they just copy and paste. That's all the ever do.
  • Options
    > @docsc00ter said:
    > Last year, at the beginning of the Summer Festival, many of us were unable to do craft Sahaa balls because of the lack of a Summer Festival Artisan. If I recall correctly, after a few days, they fixed this bug. (Thankfully, we were able to gather materials during the wait, so our Artisans could "catch up" with the daily task.)
    >
    > Well, it looks like they've done it again. Same bug? Or am I missing something in picking up the Summer Festival Artisan? (And, yeah, I've visited the Workshop. And I'm not maxed out on Artisans or anything.)

Nobody wants to work anymore!
  • Options
    atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    percemer said:

Greetings,

Please fix the related hidden artisan bug at the same time.

Suggestion to fix both bugs at once: don't hide any artisans. Let us keep the Summer Artisan all year. Just hide the Summer Provisioning profession itself, like the Gond profession gets hidden.

• Options
    mordekai#7296 mordekai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Maybe... if you are not prepared to leave the Profession/Artisan live on the Professions tab for the whole year, put the artisan in the store with either of the two main quest givers? (PE and Festival Ground).

In a little Box with a couple of tomatoes or something?
    System checks your Professions assets and if you don't already have the Summer Artisan you can purchase the Box for Free? If you deleted it for some reason, you can buy it back at Level 1.

I have no idea why this "Walk through the door and magically get a reward" system exists for this one element. It's not like we get a load of "Walk through the door and be given the option to take a reward" situations without engaging an NPC or chest of some description.

Edit to Add: Forgot to mention, I'm on XBox, so this is a cross platform booby.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I always ensure I have Sune's Blessing prior to entering the Workshop, also I ensure I have the mission for Summer Celebration, and completed Summer Festival mission too.

I suspect there is likely a dependency on either: Summer Celebration, or Summer Festival having been completed that year to receive the Artisan; suspect you need to do that first, prior to going to the workshop, or it bugs it up!
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    With the additional artisan slot, what about next year? If there is no room for the Summer Artisan will players have to dismiss a "permanent" artisan and then accept the TEMPORARY Summer Artisan BEFORE being able to go through the other artisan applications? Or just have to wait until the event is over?...

Either way isn't really feasible...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen