test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer fix is not reasonable

shooter#5315 shooter Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Devs have stated they will fix summer artisan next week, that is a weekend and about 5 days without an artisan. All the other years this has happened it was fixed by the next day. I do not mind working hard to get stuff but when you take away 5 days of production, that is a killer. Not to mention we are on double professions, so these 5 days hurt a lot more. You can fix Tia next week. Fix what you mess up so we can work thsi double professions weekend.

Comments

• Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    They have limited resources, you can't expect them to be able to instantly (or even within a single work day) figure out something that as you said happens every year. Professions is likely a very complex part of the coding and is likely pretty easy to break, and only a few people likely know how to even work with that code. I know for a fact and at least 2 devs who have worked on that code no longer work at Cryptic, so it actually makes sense that it will take longer.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Its not like we gonna suddenly start getin patches on saturday from this point on.
    What they could do is to use the winter festival rework scheme. In short we could get our saha zen ticket just by talkin with npc, and the crafted item will be related to petals gatherin with kobolds (partialy alrd are).
    And this bugs me more.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    They've had a year since the last Summer Fest to figure it out. It's an ongoing issue. Between one year and the next, you'd think they'd have fixed it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,239 Arc User
    The bugs are acting like terminator. They keep on doing I'll be back vs the removed features keep on saying I'll be back.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I always ensure I have Sune's Blessing prior to entering the Workshop, also I ensure I have the mission for Summer Celebration, and completed Summer Festival mission too.

I suspect there is likely a dependency on either: Summer Celebration, or Summer Festival having been completed that year to receive the Artisan; suspect you need to do that first, prior to going to the workshop, or it bugs it up!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    strathkin said:

I always ensure I have Sune's Blessing prior to entering the Workshop, also I ensure I have the mission for Summer Celebration, and completed Summer Festival mission too.

I suspect there is likely a dependency on either: Summer Celebration, or Summer Festival having been completed that year to receive the Artisan; suspect you need to do that first, prior to going to the workshop, or it bugs it up!

It does not matter. My first character entered the workshop without going to summer festival and got the artisan. So does my 2nd and 3rd characters. However, my 4th did not get it. I send my 5th to summer festival and he does not get it. So does 6th, 7th and then I stop trying. I suspect Cryptic turned it off (for getting artisan) after my 3rd character (around 12pm that day) when they found the bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

strathkin said:

It does not matter. My first character entered the workshop without going to summer festival and got the artisan. So does my 2nd and 3rd characters. However, my 4th did not get it. I send my 5th to summer festival and he does not get it. So does 6th, 7th and then I stop trying. I suspect Cryptic turned it off (for getting artisan) after my 3rd character (around 12pm that day) when they found the bug.
    I started later that day and only my newer characters (Neverember’s Recruitment last year) that didn’t finish leveling the artisan or the craft, last year, got the artisan this year.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    plan009 said:

strathkin said:

I started later that day and only my newer characters (Neverember’s Recruitment last year) that didn’t finish leveling the artisan or the craft, last year, got the artisan this year.
    Oh possibly that might be a thing to look into as possible symptom, most of my Summer Provisioning is only Level 5 (though one toon has gotten it to Level 7) yet none have it at Level 10. You won't even go past Level 5, unless you do Summer Feast items, perhaps that's why I've never had problems getting Artisans as I've never levelled it fully.

I've also never done any of the Decorations to get it to 9-10! Good Catch! o:)

――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    I do know a friend who didn't get an single Summer Artisan last year on any Character, and again this year, he said his Summer Provisioning is Level 10 as well on all characters; so likely a place to start looking for the cause.

Maybe this might help them identify an actually fix that sticks &/or lasts, and also prevents it from happening for Winter or other (Temporary) Event Artisans as well like Siege!
    ―――――――――――
    @nitocris83
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    My first 3 characters who got the Artisan are all level 10. So does the next 4 characters who could not get the Artisan.
  • Options
    cracklepants#2252 cracklepants Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    They fixed it over the last few years, so pull the code notes and hotfix based on that. Oh, and a pie in the face for the QA person that should have checked for this bug that happens EVERY YEAR.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

My first 3 characters who got the Artisan are all level 10. So does the next 4 characters who could not get the Artisan.

I tried, thought maybe it was related as a friend got no Artisans who had Summer Provisioning at 10, yet also know he does things a certain way...

I've never really had a problem receiving them, yet I always run Summer Festival Mission and ensure it's completed prior to going into the workshop when Summer starts.

*sigh*
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    strathkin said:

I've never really had a problem receiving them, yet I always run Summer Festival Mission and ensure it's completed prior to going into the workshop when Summer starts.

Doesn't appear to be the criteria preventing the artisan bug to happen.

With 30 workshops, all of them running the summer fest since at least 2019 + 1 more since 2021, and having experienced the bug since 2020, this year i tried various combinations at the beginning to see if I would be able to pinpoint the cause.

Entering the workshop before entering summer fest : 3 got the artisan, 7 didn't
    Entering the summer fest before entering the workshop : 2 got the artisan, 8 didn't
    Entering the summer fest, then completing the daily quests, before entering the workshop : 1 got the artisan (the most recent workshop on my bard), 10 didn't

In my opinion it is most likely an interraction with something from the past summer fest which cause the bug.
    In 2019, none of my toons was affected => I almost didn't participated in the event => in 2020 only one of my toon was affected => i farmed the event casually => In 2021, 10 of my toons were affected (the same from last year included) => I farmed the event intensively => In 2022, 24 of my toons were affected (all the 10 from last year included) => I plan to farm it reasonnably.

Possibilities I'm thinking about, and will try for next year 2023 if the bug is still there :

- Is an unfinished quest from last year prevents me from getting the artisan ?
    I didn't write down which toon had Favor of Sune and Summer Celebration quests from last year, so...
    On some toons : I will finish all the related 2022 quests before the update and the summer fest removal,
    On some toons : I will cancel all the related 2022 quests after the update and the summer fest removal,
    On some toons : I will only keep Favor of Sune daily 2022 daily quest unfinished
    On some toons : I will only keep Summer Celebration 2022 daily quest unfinished
    I doubt "My own Sahha ball" daily (blue) quest is involved in the bug : 9 toons had it unfinished from last year, 1 got the artisan this year.
    I doubt "My own Sahha ball" initial (yellow) quest is involved in the bug : 14 toons had it unfinished from the first time they entered the summer fest, 5 got the artisan.

- Is an ongoing summer craft at the end of the summer fest prevents me from getting the artisan the next year?
    On some toons : I will stop the petal craft before the update removing the 2022 summer fest
    On some toons : I will keep the petal craft tunning and let the game stop it automatically when the 2022 summer fest is removed
    I believe this is most likely to be part of the issue, maybe an ongoing craft uncorrectly finished by the update when the summer fest is removed creates a "ghost" of the artisan invisibly busy (at no cost for the player) and causes the impossibility to recruit her again when entering the workshop the next year.

- Is the toon location at the update removing the summer fest prevents me from getting the artisan next year ?
    On some toons : I will stay in the summer fest map, letting the update removing the event automatically transport the toon in PE.
    On some toons : I will left the summer fest map before the update.
    (half of the toons in each case will have their craft ongoing, the other half will have it stopped before)

Obvioulsy, I will write down which toon is in which case for next year this time ^^.

At the moment, I don't have any other idea about another possible cause of the bug, but if you have one, I can include it and test it next year ;).
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 278 Arc User
    My issues were much easier to identify all the toons that used or entered the workshop in the morning before the summer event started did not receive the artisan when the event started and all the ones that never entered the workshop until after the summer event got started received the artisan when they entered the workshop for the first time that day.