metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
At log in with any/all my characters I get the red lettered message
Insufficient Level for item.
All my characters are max level.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Can you share a screenshot of the message? Thanks!
  • Options

• Options
    I get this on all 14 characters, who are all level 20, each time I log any of them in.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Please do not take it as i looking down on you or i think you as a new player but are you sure the item level is the problem?
    Couldn't it be an item that has other requirements such as a quest completion to unlock it or something similar issue?

Edit for spelling
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Revised: the location is not what he wanted to point out in the picture. It is only about the red message that pops up when he login to the character. His character has an item it should not have. No, it has nothing to do with level.

The chance is it has event workshop task not completed. And, that event task is not available such as summer festival. That may be the reason his picture is in front of the workshop and the door does not have "bubbles". There is no other good reason one stands in front of workshop with no access to it.

For example, I have a character that has 3 item red messages.

Its workshop has a grey out delivery box that has items in it. I knew those were from that event (probably summer festival last year). I have had the red messages and the grey out deliveries button since. They did not bother me though.

This one character has incomplete event workshop task when the event expired. I knowingly did that. I made sure other character completed their event workshop tasks and did not start new one (except this particular character in my picture).

More information:

By the way, the deliveries is grey out only because my character does not have remote access to the delivery box. She can go to workshop to take out the stuff (I just decided not to).

Even more information:

When she logout and login in PE, she does not have red messages.
    When she logout and login in Moonstone Mask, she still has 3 red messages.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    My warlock, out of all 38 characters that I have, has this same error upon log-in.
  • Options
    all 14 of mine, including the 12 that don't have a shop. Its started with the level changes and has been going on since.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    My guess is some rare item that wasn't adjusted in mod 21, looking for level 80 characters, is stuck somewhere in the inventory. Probably account wide, maybe even something invisible like a quest tracker.

One of my rangers gets a You Must Equip A Weapon error with a loud noise the first time I log in to her since starting the client My main Paladin used to get that before mod 16 but no longer does.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Errors have been passed on to the rest of the team but can sometimes be tricky to repro/investigate. Thank you everyone for your patience!
  • Options
    dlwright62#9885 dlwright62 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    her is what needs to be looked at is the portal stones for river district and the cases that they come in it was addressed but came back again what it means is dont open cases for the portal stones until you need one:)
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I get that message all the time on my toons but I know why I get it so I do not worry about it. Of course, the only problem is that it appears that I will never complete the quest and get the item(s) that the message does not refer to and think it would actually be better if I never got the message at all since I will most likely never properly complete the quest to get the item(s)!

Most likely you should probably change it so that abandoning a dungeon or trial does not get you the message quest completed because I enter and abandon dungeons all the time. Although, now a days most of my abandons come directly from the random queue for trials and skirmishes where I solo queue for it. for trials there are a lot of empty instances requesting reinforcements and I just abandon because I have not the patience for that and for skirmishes well this week it has randomly been Manycoins every single time and that one is pretty much just an instant abandon for me.

Other times I am just cheating because I need a campfire to change loadouts or do the daily invoke and as far as I can tell going private and entering a dungeon or trial is the only way to do that without having my active toon physically travel or teleport all the way back to wherever.

the only other error messages like that is the one you get upon entering lonelywood. Still have no idea what that one is about though.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Lonelywood... something to do with a trowel maybe. But the trowel disappears after some time, so maybe it fixes itself.
  • Options
    I'm guessing its something to do with my account wide gear/stuff.
    The new toons I made for the recruitment event get the message too.
  • Options
    seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2022

the only other error messages like that is the one you get upon entering lonelywood. Still have no idea what that one is about though.

It's about an item you recieve when you go to Lonelywood at the 1st time because of the quest. The game want to give that again but since you already have it you get an error msg instead.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    2 of my 42 characters get this message. It went away for a while but came back. Now it only happens sometimes 🤷‍♂️