test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mechanical Egg/Wondrous Dragon

What are these items now, when they removed the NPC for the trade/upgrade to Mythic? So many blue ones sitting on AH which apparently turned out to be bunch of useless items. Why is there even a period for this? Isn't this is a part of this mod? Only few players can able to obtain the mythic, and it's pretty lame that not all of the players can able to collect the eggs unless spent millions of AD to each legendaries. This game is really frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    hiddensquatchhiddensquatch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    The vendor needs to be put back in the game. It was never made clear that the vendor would be remove so early into Mod 22. There are dragon eggs still being traded and people are out millions of astral diamonds because they can't turn them in now. At the very least, a developer needs to respond and let people know if/ when the vendor will return. With everything else going on, this seems like a easy fix that could help prevent further alienation of the "high-end" players.
  • Options
    dereknewcastledereknewcastle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    From what I gather the vendor was removed about week after mod 22 hit. It's like removing the winter fest vendor during winter fest. This makes no sense. The mechanical eggs are part of Mod 22. There are too many mechanical eggs floating around to remove the vendor so soon. I agree ^ it would only be right for the devs to let us know if the vendor will return.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Well the mod just dropped and when not frozen, I see no vendor.
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    I also would like to know why the Dragonborn are still scattered around PE. Those quests and rewards are gone. Along with the egg vendor.
    Who’s not there.
    Post edited by silente07#2597 on
  • Options
    finality999#7648 finality999 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Well, now that several months have passed, the headache has begun. These eggs once collected, one per account if I remember correctly and trades were I also believe the only way to collect all of them for this mythic egg, which is now the mythic wondrous dragon, it is clear that only about 5% of the players would have been able to get these.

What was it? Green, Blue, Purple and Orange, the normal, rare, epic and legendary, 5 types of dragons, 5 types of eggs and 4 versions of them, so 20 in total. Out of what about 10 million active accounts on Neverwinter when I last checked a few websites, that makes only about half a million players who could get this trinket. really not fair what so ever....

I kept my orange egg and once it opened, I see I have another belt pouch trinket in the form of a legendary, 6% damage resist against dragons. With the latest expansion, Dragonbone vale, and now the Dragon Hunter portion of the campaign, it is very clear that these eggs should be in high demand by players.

I see as of today, June 25, 2022, that the mythic wondrous dragons sell for about 45 million astral diamonds, there were 4 available. That is bloody ridiculous! I know a player who confessed to buying 40 coalesent motes from the zen store, no idea how many were discounted or full price, but for simplicity's sake, I am going to express my outrage at costs in a 'free to play' game here:

1000 zen for 1 coal mote, is $10 United States currency, about $13.50 my currency, x 40 = $400 or $540 my currency.
    Alas, here is the kicker, I would have to buy more because there is a loss of 10% as a take from a virtual auction house, that means if I wanted this 45 mil AD virtual trinket, it is going to be 45 mil x 1.1 = 49.5 million, or about 50 motes and that is $500 US dollars, or $675 in my currency.

No fun here, that is grocery money, car insurance, medication expenses, internet fees or cellphone charges even rent or mortgage payments. Really? There needs to be some from of control or restraint on highly valued items. I see over the last couple of months since the Day of the Dungeon Master event that lots of account wide mounts and companions have been handed out in campaign rewards and changes to the lock box distribution, but seriously, more work needs to be put into a game that is strictly entertainment. At the end of the day can Neverwinter pay my bills? Make my supper? Take my kid to school? clean my house, cut my grass? No, no, no...

Sure, the hardcore players will say shut up and go play some other game if you don't like this. I am not addressing the players here, but they should be made aware, this is for the developers, the core designers of neverwinter who should consider the real world impacts of global economy going swirling down the drain. No one is at a point where they can throw their cash away like this and survive. It breaks families, ruins peoples lives when they go in debt to credit card companies or spend their food money on a game that only gives them a tiny form of self-satisfaction until the power goes off and they have to eat pet food to live.

You can ridicule me however you wish, but enough is enough. All I ask here is a fair and just game to play that does not drain the pocketbook to have the cool things it offers. Be realistic, be generous and be nice to players, it keeps us here and coming back. Sure, I will tell you that since June 1st, I bought 15k zen, spent 9k of it so far: another 6 months of VIP, a draconic key pack, dragon gear pack, banking slots and paid off the second milestone of the draconic rage as I don't do dungeons. There are lots of people in the same boat as me, but for this particular post, I wanted to bring to light the very challenging reality of acquiring mythic items that are in high demand. If one can get it, or in this case, 5%, why can't the other 95% get it too?

Thank you for reading my post.
    Finality
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited June 2022

1000 zen for 1 coal mote, is $10 United States currency, about $13.50 my currency, x 40 = $400 or $540 my currency.
    Alas, here is the kicker, I would have to buy more because there is a loss of 10% as a take from a virtual auction house, that means if I wanted this 45 mil AD virtual trinket, it is going to be 45 mil x 1.1 = 49.5 million, or about 50 motes and that is $500 US dollars, or $675 in my currency.

Just in case you don't know, c-mote can be farmed. It can take a long time but that can be done. I personally did not spend any money or any AD to get c-motes/c-wards for years. Most will farm it through invocation. c-mote is also available in other mean. e.g. I got another 2 character bound c-mote in recent Jubilee.

Of course, using money is a quicker way. No, I did not spend any money in this game.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    At the core of it, no game is free. Games are businesses, and they need to make money somehow. So if you rage against games making money: Sorry, you have lost. Games must make money to cover their expenses and pay their employees. Which means there must be some downside to not spending money.

Actually Neverwinter is far more friendly towards F2P players than other games. Mostly(some very few and unfortunate exceptions). the only advantage you can get in NW from spending money is getting there faster. Most other games lock content and gear behind payments.
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    I think the issue with the wonderous Dragons is that people are looking at it from the wrong view point. They were never intended for everyone to get one, or to be easily attainable by anyone who wanted one. The very fact that only one egg was issued per account, and you needed 20(?) to get the mythic, so only 1 person in 20 can get the Mythic version - except its worse than that as many people will have opened their Epic and legendary Eggs to just take those bonues, thus taking those eggs out of the system.

The whole point of these eggs was an AD sink, these is a huge issue with a backlog on the ZAX, both impacting the games profitability and free to play players ability to progress in the game that needed addressing. Encouraging players to exchange eggs on the AH, buy Mythic Dragons for 45mill or buy Coal wards on the AH is far better for the game than allowing all that AD to go back onto the ZAX and extend the waiting times further.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    benyr said:

I think the issue with the wonderous Dragons is that people are looking at it from the wrong view point. They were never intended for everyone to get one, or to be easily attainable by anyone who wanted one. The very fact that only one egg was issued per account, and you needed 20(?) to get the mythic, so only 1 person in 20 can get the Mythic version - except its worse than that as many people will have opened their Epic and legendary Eggs to just take those bonues, thus taking those eggs out of the system.

The whole point of these eggs was an AD sink, these is a huge issue with a backlog on the ZAX, both impacting the games profitability and free to play players ability to progress in the game that needed addressing. Encouraging players to exchange eggs on the AH, buy Mythic Dragons for 45mill or buy Coal wards on the AH is far better for the game than allowing all that AD to go back onto the ZAX and extend the waiting times further.

First, AD sink means a removal of AD from the economy, not shuffling it between the players. If they intended the thing to be an AD sink, they would have thrown 30 eggs on every your char and asked you to pay some random NPC 10M AD to hatch each of those...

Second, out of Cryptic's favourite "one time" griefing lessons, this one was particularly nasty to the game health. Usually, those unique items are either just visuals (vanity, fashion), are pretty average (Chinese New year pets) - or at least released in vast quantities (e.g. Abyssal Chicken). But this time around, only a tiny fraction of population got a noticeable boost in performance in all "dragon" content.

My guess: they just wanted to create friction, fuel the anger and build up a superiority complex in some players.
  • Options
    kirkh59kirkh59 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What items really worth today ? anything u dropping anywhere today at 98% worth literally N O T H I N G. RIP NW
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    It did remove a lot of AD from the economy... I think towards the end you would spend 22-24 million AD for a full set of eggs on the auction house, so that's 2.2 to 2.4 million AD gone in fees.

The one they did that annoyed me was Zariel, the limited companion for the leaderboard winners in one phase of the redeemed citadel. There was a similar companion for everyone else to buy (with zen if I remember?)... but it was the limited one that went into collections... I suppose we should be grateful that Zariel had no unique anti-dragon powers! Still... 78 million to fill in a collecton slot?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mintmark said:

It did remove a lot of AD from the economy... I think towards the end you would spend 22-24 million AD for a full set of eggs on the auction house, so that's 2.2 to 2.4 million AD gone in fees.

2.4 million AD is not even a drop in a bucket. One player who is holding 10 million rage quit would be a stronger "AD sink" relatively. There are 45000 million AD being held within Zax alone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

mintmark said:

2.4 million AD is not even a drop in a bucket. One player who is holding 10 million rage quit would be a stronger "AD sink" relatively. There are 45000 million AD being held within Zax alone.
    That's 2.4mil for one player though...and that's not including the AH fees for selling them back to the community after getting the mythic dragon.
  • Options
    arazith07 said:

mintmark said:

That's 2.4mil for one player though...and that's not including the AH fees for selling them back to the community after getting the mythic dragon.
    I would think the number of people who quit is greater than the number of players who get the mythic dragon.
  • Options
    @arazith07 Once you get the mythic dragon, the rest gets bound. Mythics are technically not being traded at all - hence the listing price. And VIP reduces the posting fee to 0 - only a very adventurous soul puts something that expensive on AH without it. (such trades rarely go through, buyers willing to spend so much for an in-game asset are the same players that made the effort to manufacture the mythic dragons in the first place)

No, from the AD sink perspective it would be a huge failure - and as I already said, they would surely choose a different approach if that was their goal.
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

@arazith07 Once you get the mythic dragon, the rest gets bound. Mythics are technically not being traded at all - hence the listing price. And VIP reduces the posting fee to 0 - only a very adventurous soul puts something that expensive on AH without it. (such trades rarely go through, buyers willing to spend so much for an in-game asset are the same players that made the effort to manufacture the mythic dragons in the first place)

No, from the AD sink perspective it would be a huge failure - and as I already said, they would surely choose a different approach if that was their goal.

Simply not true, the eggs are bound yes, but the dragons once you open them are not. I've equipped the Mythic one and then sat on the eggs until prices went up and I've gotten millions of AD back.
  • Options
    @arazith07 ...which means the eggs can not be traded once you make the mythic one, and surplus dragons are dead end evolution, mostly useless - and if anything, are sold to the end user?
    Face it, there is no economy prospects around that to say AH tax makes a significant AD sink on it. Refinement sinks more AD in a week than those dragons will till the game shuts down.
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

benyr said:

First, AD sink means a removal of AD from the economy, not shuffling it between the players. If they intended the thing to be an AD sink, they would have thrown 30 eggs on every your char and asked you to pay some random NPC 10M AD to hatch each of those...

Second, out of Cryptic's favourite "one time" griefing lessons, this one was particularly nasty to the game health. Usually, those unique items are either just visuals (vanity, fashion), are pretty average (Chinese New year pets) - or at least released in vast quantities (e.g. Abyssal Chicken). But this time around, only a tiny fraction of population got a noticeable boost in performance in all "dragon" content.

My guess: they just wanted to create friction, fuel the anger and build up a superiority complex in some players.

AD Sink works both ways though, its not just about taking AD out of the game its also about giving people an alternative to not just push more AD into the ZAX, Its difficult to do this currently because to be Free Player friendly they're giving Mounts and companions away at every opportunity currently so there are very few big ticket items on the AH currently, and more so before the masterwork re vamp, so this filled the gap nicely.

So id say in the context that no one action can solve the excess of AD in the game, this was actually a pretty good step in the right direction. 10% of the numbers being talked about is reasonable for a one off action, not just for the dragons themselves but for the coal wards people are flipping on the AH with the added bonus the Game makes some money from the initial Coal Ward Zen sales to help keep the game going.

Also lets be realistic about this, it was a huge gamble when the eggs came out, no one knew what they were for, to go after all 20 was a huge financial risk for those that choose to do so, whilst others decided the smart thing to do was cash in. And opinions change like the wind in this game, I remember when the eggs hatched all the gloating from people who'd sold their eggs well, and the disappointment from those who'd got the mythic, with well know Youtubers saying how glad they were they'd not collected them. Now with the release of this Mod everyone suddenly wants one, to the point some are apparently prepared to pay 45mill AD for them, when they could have spent less than 15mill to collect all the eggs when they first came out, but chose not to take the risk.

Give it another Mod or two when dragons don't constitute end game trials and Dragon Hunts are largely finished and no one will want to spend more than 1 mill for them. If people want to spend huge amounts of AD on an item that is only likely to be optimal for a short window in the Game and is in no way essential to complete any content, then good on them for either being able to accumulate that much AD in game or for spending real money to get it. And its not like its the only option They've also added The Dragon Hunter and been dishing out potions and scrolls to help, so no one has been deserted.

Id say rewarding players who have either spent a huge amount of time playing the game, or have spent a huge amount of real money to the point they are able to gamble around 15mill AD, many of whom have spent fortunes on items now being given away for free, with a one or two module boost isn't really too bad at all. They cant please everyone, for every player complaining someone has been able to acquire something they cant there is another complaining they spent fortunes on things like Legendary mounts that other players are now being given for free.
  • Options
    rikitaki said:

@arazith07 ...which means the eggs can not be traded once you make the mythic one, and surplus dragons are dead end evolution, mostly useless - and if anything, are sold to the end user?
    Face it, there is no economy prospects around that to say AH tax makes a significant AD sink on it. Refinement sinks more AD in a week than those dragons will till the game shuts down.

I never made that claim though, just that the player's math only didn't account for selling the dragons after getting the mythic, so the 2.4mil was off. I never said that it would be an endless cycle.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Sorry, that was probably my fault for saying that 2.4 million was a lot... it is to me, but maybe not to others.
    I was just trying to say that some AD did get removed.

Better not mention that some of the dragons generate rough AD all the time they are used :smiley:
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    benyr said:

these is a huge issue with a backlog on the ZAX, both impacting the games profitability and free to play players ability to progress in the game that needed addressing.

Backlog works in the company's favor; if people want zen, they wait for almost a year, OR they spend money to buy it. Money goes into the company's coffer.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.