test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How come the queue takes forever?

zdravk01zdravk01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
When signing up for a queue it indicates only minutes wait, when most of the time for a random advanced dungeon is like 30-45 minutes, can't you guys improve this at all? This is a bottleneck in your game, instead of messing with enchantments, introduce more new content, and improve dungeon times not to suck hard.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    You can form your own team before queuing. Many people just do that. That may be the reason why you need to wait forever as not enough players/role players queues. If nobody wants to do non pre-made RQ, there is more or less nothing Cryptic can do to shorten it. And, when Cryptic actually tries to solve it, they will make it worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    It is like that because a lot of tanks and healers are not solo queuing up for that content at all or if they are it is in a premade group. I personally no longer solo queue RTQ or RADQ with my healer types because it is almost always the same and the instance is always quickly abandoned. However, I do queue up with my DPS now because it is actually random as advertised for them so at least demogorgon does not show up every single time.

RADQ: when I was doing that one it was always the ravenloft one and back then it was always abandoned or a failure. No idea what it is like now because I have not bothered to try with any toon since I do not really need rAD.

RDQ I have not done that one since the advent of mod 20. Skirmishes, Since I am really not able to do RTQ or RADQ with my DC anymore I now try to get my DC in that one but I still auto-abandon the manycoins and then just switch to a DPS type.

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    https://steamcharts.com/app/109600

buT JuLeZ StEAM NUmbers MeaN nUffIn
    - bye bye -
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

You can form your own team before queuing. Many people just do that. That may be the reason why you need to wait forever as not enough players/role players queues. If nobody wants to do non pre-made RQ, there is more or less nothing Cryptic can do to shorten it. And, when Cryptic actually tries to solve it, they will make it worse.

That is also something that happens more than usually whenever Cryptic changes the random queues, "makes the game more difficult", introduces new or weird dungeons/trials to existing queues, tinkers with freebies (IL requirements) for new players... pick one or add one.
    Just go premade. The issue with dungeon finders is, as soon as they struggle, they struggle big time, which means: everybody that can will go premade and everybody that cannot/wants not to will have immense queue times and VERY bad times in content, which is ALWAYS bad for the game.
    You would think that it is in the game's best interest to WANT a bunch of vet in every random run so new players will actually see that every content is indeed possible. I do not understand why anybody would want people to struggle in codg after a hundred thousand years of the mechs being the same - but apparently its fine that there is a bunch of ppl in there hitting the skull around like a punching ball with NOBODY in there that could take over if they wanted to (who wants to)
    - bye bye -
    edited December 2021

That is also something that happens more than usually whenever Cryptic changes the random queues, "makes the game more difficult", introduces new or weird dungeons/trials to existing queues, tinkers with freebies (IL requirements) for new players... pick one or add one.
    Just go premade. The issue with dungeon finders is, as soon as they struggle, they struggle big time, which means: everybody that can will go premade and everybody that cannot/wants not to will have immense queue times and VERY bad times in content, which is ALWAYS bad for the game.
    You would think that it is in the game's best interest to WANT a bunch of vet in every random run so new players will actually see that every content is indeed possible. I do not understand why anybody would want people to struggle in codg after a hundred thousand years of the mechs being the same - but apparently its fine that there is a bunch of ppl in there hitting the skull around like a punching ball with NOBODY in there that could take over if they wanted to (who wants to)
    Yes, I have been rejecting the idea of RQ since they informed us there would be RQ. I considered it is a bad idea since because they forgot about human's nature and the "ugly" side of it. It was much better before RQ. People actually ran dungeons more for fun. Since RQ, people considered it is their daily work/duty. They finish whatever fill the 'quota' of the day and then stop and then logout. People actually helped more before RQ. It was a much better community and people actually played more. I personally still refuse to participate RQ.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited December 2021
    micky1p00 said:

Yes, I have been rejecting the idea of RQ since they informed us there would be RQ. I considered it is a bad idea since because they forgot about human's nature and the "ugly" side of it. It was much better before RQ. People actually ran dungeons more for fun. Since RQ, people considered it is their daily work/duty. They finish whatever fill the 'quota' of the day and then stop and then logout. People actually helped more before RQ. It was a much better community and people actually played more. I personally still refuse to participate RQ.
    Worse, the original RQ was meant to solve the issue of long LEVELING queues. For those that do not know, imagine an end-game player forced to run leveling content to get daily AD, repeatedly hundreds of times, obviously trying to do as fast as possible, while there is some new player trying to get used to the game, enjoy the scenery and have fun.

Yup no clash at all, everyone enjoyed the experience, totally. It was as enjoyable as this post lacks sarcasm. Or in other words, a miserable, horrible, experience for everyone, hence less new players, and worse experience for the remaining new players, and repeat.

RQ is not the solution for that problem. RQ created more problems.
    For those who were end game and somehow "needed" to run Leveling dungeon, they could just solo run and most did (before there was RQ). It was faster and did not need to wait for the queue to pop or other players.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I think we can all agree that the original purpose of RQ is outdated. However, if we remove them, what happens to the non-advanced dungeons and skirmishes? Aside from quick AD, they really don't serve a purpose. It's a lot of dungeons that don't really see a lot of action and we would hate for them to get removed from the game. Reaper's Challenge does bring some new life, but it seems like not all the lower level dungeons have that beefier version yet.

I would like to see a mid-game loot table or vender created and added to the dungeons and for them to be beefed up to 20-30k iL. This mid-game loot would be companion and mount focused, with top prizes being tokens(say 3 dungeons=1 token).
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

armadeonx said:

Prior to the last set of combat changes, healers were the ones most queues were waiting for. Then they nerfed the survivability of tanks.

I say 'they' but it was single handedly done by @noworries#8859 who - based on one video by @aragon#8379 who showed himself taking super-high damage from Halaster - responded by halving the effectiveness of max defence, added full CA damage to ALL boss attacks and reduced the tank HP bonus from 40% to 20%.

My video, huh. Well yeah tanks could get stupidly high survivability compared to Dps. Which would have lead us to everything apart from the tank getting one shot by bosses. People were not a fan of going back to that playstyle. So Rainer came up with an alternative to the defense formula as 1/(1+Defense). That way, you can't stack defense to 90% and literally block 90% of all incoming damage, just up to 52.63% of all damage.

As we saw in my video getting to reduce all damage by 90%, and then stacking deflect hits on that, was just insane! So thanks to rainer we are were we are at. In general tanks aren't very popular. Not sure exactly what could be done, but personally, I would like to see even more ways tanks can increase their survivability over Dps, by having better gear options, like a ribcage for tank, etc.

That was one of the issues with the former defense, but not the main one. The former calculation of defense created a situation where getting from 80% to 90% will halve the incoming damage (from 20% to 10%). Creating a must have stat, with extremely high return in effectiveness per stat percent at the high end (something no other stat has). Forcing anyone and everyone to max it.
    Which creates a situation, either it is possible to do then everyone will do it, including DPS, since you get an extremely good return for investment, or it's extremely hard / expensive then every tank that is not BiS suffers, since it becomes a mandatory stat to reach, but expensive to do so.

There are a lot of ways to find a balanced medium, one of them is to make tank skills to add significant mitigation per "cast". The problem is that a lot of tanks want the ability to facetank without using the skills, or be a tank+dps and not due to aggro issues.
    The fact that Paladins do not have DPS path and have balancing issue in solo play doesn't help either.

One can't have progression, balanced margin between tanks and dps in terms of survivability and at the same time any support needed forever. One doesn't need a whole army to slay a level 5 rat.
    So you either get imbalance somewhere, or harsh scaling that kills progress, or old content becomes obsolete and people should move on. Unfortunalty in NW there isn't enough population of all stages of progress to fill all content queues so we have the great solution named random queues, and the slew of problems that comes with it, named balance and scaling.
    @aragon#8379 I'm not blaming you for the change (apologies if it seemed like it) but afaik the defence formula was always skewed so that instead of being linear, it gave a greater effectiveness in the upper percentages than it did in the lower, meaning that below a certain stat it was useless and conversely at the upper end it gave disproportionately more.

Previously, having certain stats above a specific threshold was completely necessary (e.g. armour penetration)

I remember watching the preview section discussion on the upcoming changes and noworries seemed cool about defensive stats but within 24 hours of your video coming out, he made a full 180 degree turn on the subject.

Were changes needed? Yes, certainly. But he went too far. That's why I'm calling his response a 'knee-jerk reaction' instead of a thoughtful & considered rebalance.

@micky1p00 is right in that tanks role specific powers need to be looked at to encourage more tank players (instead of again changing how stats work & impacting all classes).

I think the fastest solution would be to rethink stamina drain on incoming damage when blocking - having your shield removed after 1 or 2 boss hits or 3 seconds of incoming mob damage is probably the biggest negative atm as far as I see it.

I have also suggested that increasing the Pally's Blessed Wanderer class feature from 5% would go a long way to encouraging new Pally players to keep with the class. Having no DPS path means needing to get a full set of DPS gear and a dedicated loadout for soloing, just to do a poor job when compared to literally any other class soloing anywhere in the open world content.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    @zdravk01 To answer your question directly, the timer shows fast queue times because some classes/roles, get in as soon as they queue; namely, healers and tanks. If you try to queue on a class/role not highlighted as needed then you get added to a group that is waiting in a queue for the needed person(s) to queue too. The only queue that does not mandate a "rainbow group", meaning 1 healer, 1 tank, 3 dps, is the Skirmish queue. That one pops quickly for all. If you want to get your rAD quickly as dps, either form a premade group of your own or directly queue for specific dungeons/trial with decent paying chests, for example CN, LoMM, Tiamat...whatever you feel like and have the chest keys for. Yiu may find you are able to run several of those in the time it takes you to complete 1 random queue. Or, make a tank/healer and queue on that.
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User

My video, huh. Well yeah tanks could get stupidly high survivability compared to Dps. Which would have lead us to everything apart from the tank getting one shot by bosses. People were not a fan of going back to that playstyle. So Rainer came up with an alternative to the defense formula as 1/(1+Defense). That way, you can't stack defense to 90% and literally block 90% of all incoming damage, just up to 52.63% of all damage.

As we saw in my video getting to reduce all damage by 90%, and then stacking deflect hits on that, was just insane! So thanks to rainer we are were we are at. In general tanks aren't very popular. Not sure exactly what could be done, but personally, I would like to see even more ways tanks can increase their survivability over Dps, by having better gear options, like a ribcage for tank, etc.

I think you mean you would take 52.63% of the damage, not block that amount. For the reduction it would probably be 1-(1/(1+Defense)).

• karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    The formula is 1/(1+Defense)? So at 90% 1/(1+.9) = 52.63%. Then at 50% 1/(1+.5) = 66.6% ?
    Can some one please explain this.
    Wait, I think I got it. At 90% defense we reduce incoming damage by 47.5%, so at 50% it is reduced by 33%. So 40% difference in defense is, give or take, about 14% in actual damage reduction? Wow.
    karvare said:

Wait, I think I got it. At 90% defense we reduce incoming damage by 47.5%, so at 50% it is reduced by 33%. So 40% difference in defense is, give or take, about 14% in actual damage reduction? Wow.

Yep this is why my Pally (85% def) loses more HP in fights than my Cleric or Rogue in solo fighting - because the defensive difference is so minimal now that it's all about offensive output.

• chucknorris#1854 chucknorris Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    armadeonx said:

Yep this is why my Pally (85% def) loses more HP in fights than my Cleric or Rogue in solo fighting

how is that ?
    what are your dps stats then ?

edited January 2022
    I am so glad then, that I never chased after 90% defense. Felt comfortable at 73% and I wanted to try to get deflect to matter as it is a paladin forte thing. Now sitting at about 80% after augment change, I feel very little better. Less than 3% better it seems.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    for my dps I totally gave up on defensive enchantments entirely and in fact after mod 20 I further reduced my defensive stats by another 2K for all but two of my toons by removing the defensive companion gear. with this mod all it did was remove all my regular enchantments which I apparently did not need anyway as there seems to be no difference whatsoever.

From what I can tell, when it comes to more than one mob there does not seem to be much difference in survivability between a dps and a tank and I think there definitely should be.

armadeonx said:

Yep this is why my Pally (85% def) loses more HP in fights than my Cleric or Rogue in solo fighting

how is that ?
    what are your dps stats then ?

He has power at 72%, crit at about 65%, severity at around 60%. I can't remember the CA & accuracy - but compared to my Rogue which is about 4k lower in item level, well there's no comparison. My DC at 53k is about 3k higher than my pally and in dps mode has no trouble.

The issue is the TTK ratio. Because my rogue and cleric kill things very fast they take barely any damage. Tanks have always taken longer to kill things but in the old days you were compensated for that by barely losing any HP. These days, my pally taking x4 longer to clear an area means he's taking significantly more net damage PLUS the infuriating lack of divinity regen means that it is no longer a fun job.

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I have two pallys; one is 61k, has pretty much everything, 1-2 shots mobs in the new zone. Performs pretty much exactly the same as my 66k fighter dps spec.

Second one; roughly 45k, its miserable to play. However my 45k HR and 45k Warlock do just fine.

I think a lot of problems comes with needing a full set of new gear as a pally for solo that is only useful for solo. Something newer players won't have access to and something people who mostly want to just run dungeons won't bother with.

Easiest solution would be a toggle only available for solo play that transfers the 20% hp bonus to 20% damage bonus, on top of their blessed wanderer feat should be ok.

Pally right now feels a lot like a "second toon" character, where you need a first toon to really make life easier for yourself, providing it with damage comps, rings, comp gear ect.

Don't get me wrong, pally at endgame is amazing. Running with my friend Forrest from my alliance and hes eating up 10 stacks of bleed like nothing with his 90% deflect build and hes holding aggro really well who have the new arti set and band of air. My pally isn't ready for the new trial, but geez, seeing that you definitely see the value.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Or, they could put out an open-world weapon set that improves based on achievements...You know, make those silly points mean something.
  • chucknorris#1854 chucknorris Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    ok, i got it thanks.
    armadeonx said:

my pally taking x4 longer to clear an area means he's taking significantly more net damage PLUS the infuriating lack of divinity regen means that it is no longer a fun job.

you're right, i mean when i do radq with my justicar, most of the time i feel useless, like .. i mean really useless

i just see all players rushing to mobs and kill them in a mater of seconds before i can even reach them ... same with boss. apart from Bore Worm, really who needs tank anymore ???

its just sad :/
  • satatomo#9974 satatomo Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    The white Dragon fight goes better if the Tank directs the the damage circle away from the group, but other than that Tanks aren't needed in the Tiamat trial.

The devs purposely abuse Healers and Tanks to increase Que wait times. They really don't believe in the whole Multiplayer Game "thing" Cryptic must be hemorrhaging serious cash and needs some proper mentorship from Gearbox before they completely kill Neverwinter.