test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Creeping Death Feat bugged

lou#8598 lou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I've recently noticed that whenever I equipped the new vale set (fortified pact blade and fortified book of the vale), the feat creeping death always gives a flat 0 damage. I've also tested on a dummy and the total damage was 0 (even though the combat tab said that it crits and hits the damage was still zero). The combat tracker also showed that it crits but does zero damage. On other weapons such as mirage and lionheart, the feat works fine. I don't know if this issue is occurring for other players but I would be much appreciated it if you could look into this. @nitocris83

I filed a report (ticket ID #682034) and apparently, they said to me that it was a bug and advised me to post a thread on the forum.

imagehttps://i.imgur.com/q7Yzcy4.png

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for reporting! I'll escalate it in the weekly report.
  • asnikoasniko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It's not workin fine with Mirage as well. Creeping Death with mirage weapon set gives only ~60% damage comapring with Mastercraft set, single bonus, equal IL. Same results with another weapon sets, with equal stats, IL etc.
  • gesundheit#4689 gesundheit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I reported something very similar - #671396 That was with the Purple version of this Pactblade. I have since upgraded it to the orange version and it still has this behavior. In addition to the "Hit for 0 necrotic damage" there are also an extreme number of target dodged the creeping death messages. It almost never gets dodged when it is working right with other weapons.

To be clear - it is never working with the new weapons just sometimes (many) it is dodged and the other times it hits but does 0.

Creeping death is about 9% of total damage output. It makes at least the purple weapon set not worth using.
  • gesundheit#4689 gesundheit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is still broken. 3 Months now. No updates

You need a warlock.
    It should be Hellbringer (DPS Path)
    it should use the Feat called Creeping Death (Paragon)

It should attack something

Pretty much any damage you do should add stacks of creeping death to the target and it will do over-time damage every 2 seconds. The damage will increase as stacks build up - up to 10 stacks. It is typically 3-5% of total outgoing damage. It matters more on long fights where stacks can build up.

With most weapons, it works like it's description says. I tried Mirage, Blessed Blade and Fallen Guard Pactblades and they all worked.

With the new dragonbone vale weapons; purple - "Antique Pactblade of the Vale" or orange "Fortified Pactblade of the Vale" ; it doesn't work. The target will dodge every hit and there will be no damage at all and no over-time damage at all. I tried it with and without the matching Grimoires it made no difference, so the problem is the pactblades and not the offhand or the set bonus.

With Mirage Pactblade and grimoire :
    you can see it hit every 2 seconds and the damage generally increases each time (more stacks)
    Some are crits, some dodged, some flanking

With the Antique Pactblade of the Vale and matching grimoire :

Conjured fighter dodges your Creeping Death
    No Damage
    it is not hitting every 2 seconds, presumably no stacks are building up
    ACT says some are crits, and some are flanking but all are dodged but no damage at all.
    with another weapon, even the hits that got dodged did some damage.

These are sets of weapons, Pactblade mainhand and Grimoire offhand - together they have a set bonus effect "Adventurers Might"
    Maybe the problem is with that set bonus, so I will break up the set.

With Fortified Pactblade of the Vale - and Mirage Grimoire (not a set - mismatched)
    No Damage
    Every Creeping death is dodged with no damage
    it isn't hitting every 2 seconds, presumably no stacks are building up

So it's not the set bonus from the Vale weapons, it is the pactblades - both of them.

• gunzfromhell#0810 gunzfromhell Member Posts: 1 New User
    This is also happening with the new weapons from Crown of keldegon
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

Thanks for reporting! I'll escalate it in the weekly report.

Many months later, and it's still broken. Not only does it do zero damage (even on a crit), but it can be dodged (which doesn't seem right).

Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    > @liadan1984#8734 said:
    > Many months later, and it's still broken. Not only does it do zero damage (even on a crit), but it can be dodged (which doesn't seem right).

They just fixed the blocking + scrolls bug, only took about 6 years. So another 5 years and creeping death will work correctly
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Wow, creeping death finally acknowledged, been a while without lack of trying to bring attention to the issue.

To add to further add details, it's the main hand weapon from all new weapon sets without modifications that breaks creeping death.

Creeping death has been an issue consistently being broken one way or another since mod 16, including when enchants caused it to not work as well after enchantment rework...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1264715/creeping-death-broken-again-still

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1250790/warlock-issues

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1264722
  • legend#9825 legend Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Today is May 22, 2023 ...

Creeping Death still broken on other weapons.

The only weapon currently working with is masterworks.