What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are tanks having fun

2»

Comments

• Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

Killing Tanks diversity how @wilbur626 ?

There are several options to build Tanks, many of them already had and were or are little used. Some friends told me, GF will use Butterfly and OP Cat, and I don't understand how this would fit with the new tank enchant that gives a significant amount of % defensive stats. To be honest, my GF Tank hardly felt any difference with the changes, and I'm waiting for the Tarmalune Trade Bars discount event to finish it again, but it's almost certain that I'll use the summoned companion Ioun Stone of Radiance and that some of my numbers offensive players will be even bigger than they were in the previous module. A positive point, now I can invest in Deflect Severity, something that was impossible until then.

Using a different augment companion = build diversity ?

Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Weapons, companion bonuses, artifact sets and equipment. You yourself did a lot of testing to fall for the tale among end players that such an item is BIS.
  • Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I think he is more referring to things like self healing build with holy avenger/life drinker/bloodtheft or the barbed armor enchant build that allowed dps tanks to hard carry runs. Both builds allowed for creating a ton of aggro too.

As a fighter, I can still make a build that lets me heal/shield for 5m+ a minute, but its certainly not as easy with a pally as it was with a lot of options taken away.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

I think he is more referring to things like self healing build with holy avenger/life drinker/bloodtheft or the barbed armor enchant build that allowed dps tanks to hard carry runs. Both builds allowed for creating a ton of aggro too.

As a fighter, I can still make a build that lets me heal/shield for 5m+ a minute, but its certainly not as easy with a pally as it was with a lot of options taken away.

1.The game gave a lot of HP to all the roles in the game;
    2. I don't know the other Tank classes besides GF, but I believe they all have some power similar to Second Wind that added to the insignia bonus, companions and their bonuses (Pig is awesome for Tank) and companion enhancement power Redemption (I use Duelled Senses in most content, but in some I'd rather survive than be a debuff) guarantee a lot of HP recovery;
    3.As I mentioned before, the new armor enchants are super strong.

The big point of the players' complaint is that currently it takes a lot of resources to have 2 viable characters and as most players have or had secondary character Tanks, these are paying the bill. Imagine you being a midline DPS like I am at the moment, with 65k having to compete to get into groups of players that ask for 70k+, and having a tank close to 60k (making some arrangements for that), which character would you invest in ?

I believe that all the changes in the game since Mod 16 were exactly with the objective of slowing down as much as possible for players to have full characters, something that was very easy before that.
  • Options
    redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    This thread is gold.

Most of the content can be run without a tank.
    LOMM, CR, VOS, etc. We've run each without a tank, because our tanks are tired of... well, just read every thread above mine.

Mostly, they're bored. Just ask them.

They can't damage anything. Their threat generation has been nerfed.

Pallys that still run... big hugs to you guys... because you got screwed. On both heals and tanking. *HUGS*
    Murder time is fun time!
  • Options
    redchillismoke#2115 redchillismoke Member Posts: 51 Arc User

@thordet91#6067 you have a definite opinion and it seems that no other argument is acceptable for you, so I won't waste my time showing differences between the GF's I know and even an OP friend with whom I discuss builds a lot.

My Barb got all that milkshake from the Fighters. The Fighters are slow. Threat generation nerfed. And all the good powers taken off. I have 5 built in threat generators on Barb. I can have 3 more (2 from comps and 1 from gear) for my tank. No one take my aggro.

I discuss builds a lot. I run every toon in the game except a Rogue because it's a watered down, over-caffeinated, Ranger without a bow. The only reason it beats a Ranger is cause some juiced up dev has it as his main.

A couple of pieces of good gear and two or three companions is not massive variations. I have 10 loadouts on my Ranger. Tank, Healer, DPS for low level dungeons, DPS support, Pure Support, and DPS death machine.

What's your fighter have? 2 load outs? Tank... that's slow and a DPS can steal aggro from. And DPS, that without a BoA isn't making the board. Because my Fighter only has 2. There's no other real builds for them.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM! Homie we are on your side, but it's time to be honest.

Every single toon in this game should have massive gear repository, weaps for different parties like they're hats, and companion build variations. Our paths should not be copy n paste from the next guy's. There should not be 1 single build for each path.

That's what this game has become. Cookie cutter.

Murder time is fun time!