test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Professions - making black opals during 2x stone event does not result in 2 stones

powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
Making any gemstones during 2x stone event should result in crafting two stones. Works for blood rubies, does not work for black opals

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is a bug involved here, but it isn't actually with Black Pearls. High Quality results for gemstones don't double but normal quality ones do. I haven't tested Blood Rubies so it's possible that they fixed that when they fixed the ability to donate HQ stones to the stronghold coffer. BR +1 can now be donated while Black Pearl +1 can not.

As far as the crafting, if you get a HQ result on Black Pearl it doesn't double but the normal one does.

"We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The high-quality aspect hadn't occurred to me. Seems correct. Yet another problem with that poorly designed "+1" professions change from years ago. Also dab hand seems to override the 2x event logic - when it occurs you only get 2 gems not 4.
    Post edited by powerpuff#6508 on
  • Options
    Additional bugs not directly related to black opals or 2x event. The RNG for professions is just completely messed up. With 0% (ZERO) focus, there is still a chance to make a high quality (+1) item. And with 93% proficiency, 3 failures out of 4 attempts.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the info folks, I'll pass it on for internal discussion.