test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Harvesters Nightmare has gotten buggy.

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
#!. I try to play this game as much as possible because it has stuff I really want, so yesterday or day before I was playing maybe for the fourth time and when I was done I got nothing, the visitani screen-the guy you go to for the goods says inception in nice bright yellow letters-and there is a grey text saying I had completed todays. Well then they shouldn't have allowed me to join the event and take the time to play if I couldn't get a reward, I had to go to the Visitani to get in, and he was offering me another shot at wasting my time.
#2. The first day I got my secondary character to play and she got no reward, I don't remember if she even got ADs, I think she must have. Wrote to support about that but never heard back.
There has not been one event-I mean the really good ones, not like the Chinese New Year one, that hasn't had some major screw ups. Twice-Harvester Nightmare-Battle siege cut a day off my time which really screws your final reward, and then they did a patch and the last day of Harvester Nightmare disappeared 2 hours early and the store with it-they usually have the store for at least a week. So all I worked for I couldn't spend. But then they had everything they were offering at the even in the Wonderful Bizarre for AStral diamonds or for Zen in the market. I do not believe for one minute that was anything but a particularly poor taste way to get people to spend money.

People invest a lot of time into quests and event and don't deserve to be screwed.

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    It is not a bug. If you go to the event banner under the mini map and click on it for details it explain to you the tokens you will get for your initial run of the day, on the same character, for all the consecutive days. Running it again on another character will not reward you tokens or the same rewards. Running it again on the same day, on the same character will give you a small % chance for additional rewards that are listed via the quest giver.

Also we are day 15+ into this event, if you are experiencing a bug, this forum would have reported much earlier and there be multiple posts.

You must also not realized this year Chinese New Year event was initially bug, allowing you to infinitely do a quest for rewards. Due to time limitations, they allow this bug/feature to be active. Likely won't be the same thing next year.

• Options
    Thank you for your reply but when the game allows you to take the quest and you play it and play it well and get no rewards then there is a bug. When you have played your limit it should tell you that and not let you take the quest. Not tell you afterwards that you have played your limit in those gray letters but still showing inception in bright yellow you can take again. I have read the whole harvester thing repeatedly, I have never seen any mention of other characters not being able to play. The first time I played my secondary character she got ADS but not token. Then she couldn't get in to play at all. There is something inconsistent and not running well with all that. I don't know what you mean about something was initially bug.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    There is reward. You just did not pay attention to it. The reward is not necessary go to your item inventory. Check the log.

Yes, the in game documentation is kind of suck.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11509913-harvester-of-nightmares-returns!
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I sure think it does (suck) the harvester nightmare they had last oct? They did a patch right before the last day. It still had 3 or 4 hours left and it disappeared and so did the store. But guess what everything you had saved up your coins for could be purchased for astral diamonds or trade bars-which would encourage people who really wanted the stuff to get vip. That was the first time the store wasn't around for at least a week and I still think it was done to make money.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    jana#2651 said:

I sure think it does (suck) the harvester nightmare they had last oct? They did a patch right before the last day. It still had 3 or 4 hours left and it disappeared and so did the store. But guess what everything you had saved up your coins for could be purchased for astral diamonds or trade bars-which would encourage people who really wanted the stuff to get vip. That was the first time the store wasn't around for at least a week and I still think it was done to make money.

It is not the first time the after event store is not available. It also will not be the last time. There were N times like that and not limited to this event. More than one event does not have after event store. So, be prepare for other events too. So, don't expect after event is available. Treat that as a 'surprise' if it does.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They added a permanent merchant for the 'Appointment' event at the Tree of Elemental Balance in PE.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother