test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are players Still Getting (old) Rank 5 enchantments Icespire Peak

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
Simple and just what the heading says, Why are players still getting old rank 5 enchantments, which are only good for some refinement points or a few coppers when they complete an initial quest in Icespire Peak?
DD~

Answers

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Probably the same reason we still get MOP 2s and 3s from invoke bags.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Because the developers intentionally did not alter existing functionality when they changed the enchantment design in mod 22. They have made additional changes since the first release to address some of that functionality - but obviously not all. Given that it has no effect on game play and the other bugs present, I can only imagine that it is a very low priority problem at best.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    In addition, for the area they did spend effort to change the loot table, they messed it up such as those in WoD and Dread Ring. For PC, it is only having an empty chest. For Console, they cannot complete the mission (because of the empty chest).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

In addition, for the area they did spend effort to change the loot table, they messed it up such as those in WoD and Dread Ring. For PC, it is only having an empty chest. For Console, they cannot complete the mission (because of the empty chest).

You really couldn't make this stuff up could you?

If I was a serious player I would be sooo angry, as it is this stuff just makes me smile tbh
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User

You really couldn't make this stuff up could you?

If I was a serious player I would be sooo angry, as it is this stuff just makes me smile tbh
    Probably why there are fewer "serious players" now days...
    DD~
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    And even less serious developers
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I know nothing about writing programs or even codes, but really how hard can it be to remove all the old enchantments from rewards and put in the ones that work, the ones I can't even find to buy anywhere. There are to many places where they pass out those enchantments and the level 1-4 refining stones that aren't used anywhere. It's not even possible to take a rank 15 enchantment and level it up to work, so they shouldn't be given out at all.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Neverwinter is a small game with correspondingly low income and few developers.

While it is not hard to identify all places old enchantments drop, it is a good bit of work to modify game code in all those places and test that nothing bad has happened from the change. A lot of those places likely have not been touched in years.

The Neverwinter team just have chosen to leave some outdated drops in and focus their very limited resources on creating new content.

That sounds like a good plan to me.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Imagine they gave you some peridots or opals, AKA refinement. Not a big issue, there are major bugs in the game not fixed so really this is insignificant for me
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Neverwinter is a small game with correspondingly low income and few developers.

While it is not hard to identify all places old enchantments drop, it is a good bit of work to modify game code in all those places and test that nothing bad has happened from the change. A lot of those places likely have not been touched in years.

The Neverwinter team just have chosen to leave some outdated drops in and focus their very limited resources on creating new content.

That sounds like a good plan to me.

I actually think it would be quite time consuming or even hard to identify all places where old enchantments or anything drops.

I mean, how many Lockboxes have there been over the years that are held in players bank or guild accounts?

Each of those would need to have new loot tables etc - this would be loads of work I reckon.

But YEAH get on with new stuff, totally agree, don't waste time on updating old lockboxes for example.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Just consider the old enchantment as RP and yes, they are still valid RP and are still usable/work as RP. That is to consider the enchantment you get is a black pearl.

By the way, does some old lockbox still have identification scroll?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vixazarahvvixazarahv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    So we can simply stall and hope the rewards become more appropriate than low level refinements or eat the cost in the name of progress?

Developer answer would be appreciated here, so we can make a better judgement call on moving on or stalling.