test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod22 - Wizard builds by AsteR

aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
edited March 2022 in The Library
Hellow dear wizs,
in this link you can read my builds for endgame wizards mod22.
Feel free to ask any questions you have and feel free to give me feedback!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dI7dmAcHMM3osgeo0ZIE7qS2d8GK6PXn3zjcgGsQ_kg/edit?usp=sharing
"The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
Official Content Creator
Wizard Reworker
Post edited by aster#8001 on

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    for the sake of combat maneuvers mount insignia power granting combat advantage "when a target is controlled "

which cw powers count and work to trigger that "control "effect currently in tandem with that insignia power

repel entangle ? ? ? ?
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Ray of Frost
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    All wizards control power should work. Ray of Frost is easiest to use and thus have that extra 2500 CA bonus constantly active.

Not sure if it's just me, but the way pages show content in the document you made are weird. There is a page with screen of stats, then big chunk of nothing, then some text and then the next page. That repeat a few times. Might be my browser or resolution, not sure.

Nice build though.
  • Options
    kalina311 said:

for the sake of combat maneuvers mount insignia power granting combat advantage "when a target is controlled "

which cw powers count and work to trigger that "control "effect currently in tandem with that insignia power

repel entangle ? ? ? ?

-ray of frost
    -repel
    -steal time
    and so many others, its to easy find which powers dont have controll effects on wizard
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    edited March 2022

kalina311 said:

repel entangle ? ? ? ?

-ray of frost
    -repel
    -steal time
    and so many others, its to easy find which powers dont have controll effects on wizard
    perhaps but its less "easy" to know which control powers are bugged and not triggering the insignia combat maneuvers control effects like they are supposed to... or multi stage /effect daze prone powers that are not flagged as control per say but are doing it anyways.. that was the level of community "insight" i was looking for based on the level of details and pride you must have in your documentations accuracy *shurgs* not withstanding the many bugs with the Cw class/ mount insignia powers to begin with ...
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    It's a standard build for almost all classes with a few tweaks, but nothing out of the ordinary.

For alternative characters or beginners I believe that equipment with a stack bonus is bad, as they probably won't activate the maximum stacks especially in AoE since they don't have the Band of Air ring.

Another point that caught my attention was that you use the Mirage weapon set for one of the class that has the worst at-will in the game trying to explain that damage gains suffer losses, but these losses are still additive damage gain and are a choose in my view much better than adding critical strike if you're not even close to reaching cap. Considering the low magnitudes of the class, wouldn't it be better to reach the cap of Power, Combat Advantage, Critical Severity and try to stack the maximum damage gain in a compensatory way?

Today I saw a video from Aragon about artifacts, because they are casual, their damage is not reduced? If they suffer, why use them? So everyone would have to use only debuff artifacts?

Could it show test logs with and without the VoS HC ring? It would be interesting to know the glaring difference in damage that exists.

Nobody even knows how much control gain affects damage gain for class in their dot. Should remove control bonus and control resistance from the game and give magnitude to class, it would be easier to balance with others.

Wizard is perhaps the worst class for anyone to start currently.
  • Options

kalina311 said:

repel entangle ? ? ? ?

-ray of frost
    -repel
    -steal time
    as helpful as you "think" your guide may be your comments portray things otherwise lol ,, this surely will insure community collaboration :D
  • Options
    muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Honestly?
    I’m playing on very similar build on alt, very weak cw. I’m regularly higher in damage than players with orange items, unbinded lions, 68-74k in lomm or other shitdungs.
    My character have 52k, ribcage, band of air, mirage and goristro...
    Maybe cw is not in the best situation right now, but the key to success is to having proper items instead of cool but worthless items with useless bonuses.
  • Options

It's a standard build for almost all classes with a few tweaks, but nothing out of the ordinary.

For alternative characters or beginners I believe that equipment with a stack bonus is bad, as they probably won't activate the maximum stacks especially in AoE since they don't have the Band of Air ring.

Another point that caught my attention was that you use the Mirage weapon set for one of the class that has the worst at-will in the game trying to explain that damage gains suffer losses, but these losses are still additive damage gain and are a choose in my view much better than adding critical strike if you're not even close to reaching cap. Considering the low magnitudes of the class, wouldn't it be better to reach the cap of Power, Combat Advantage, Critical Severity and try to stack the maximum damage gain in a compensatory way?

Today I saw a video from Aragon about artifacts, because they are casual, their damage is not reduced? If they suffer, why use them? So everyone would have to use only debuff artifacts?

Could it show test logs with and without the VoS HC ring? It would be interesting to know the glaring difference in damage that exists.

Nobody even knows how much control gain affects damage gain for class in their dot. Should remove control bonus and control resistance from the game and give magnitude to class, it would be easier to balance with others.

My fault, i should have said it is an endgame build where its supposed to have all the "better" items to build your character.
    I generally dont create build for beginners just because I dont have so much time to work in much ways (from job and other bullhsit in IRL) and for me its much easy do something for players at middle/final stage of their characters.

About mirage weapons, they are really good together with lionheart imo. I used them just because the new weapon from CoK are not so good for aoe scenarios (to many stacks to do) and because the mobs really die fast, so better burn them in the less time you can and mirage help wll in this.

regarding artifacts, every players should be know DEBUFF/BUFF ARTIFACTS > than any other self artifact
    My endgame POV prioritize debuff/buff artis in every scenario Single target which is the place where you can benefit better from those artifacts. In AoE scenarios its really hard use debuff artis because:
    -the most have single target ranged
    -endgame players destroy mobs so fast
    This is a must we teach in my guild to everyone since always.

Regarding the logs about the VOS HC rings. I probably dont have one without rings, but we can check one of my recent logs and look how many %dmg its band of air for example. When ill get some free time ill test this, promise!

ill give a look at cc bonus.

Agreed, wizard are getting now a HUGE ninja buff (in endgame contents at least) especially thanks the new artifacts set (mythallar) + Band of air

Thanks for your anwers
    I'll try to give my best
    Best regards

AsteR
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    kalina311 said:

kalina311 said:

repel entangle ? ? ? ?

-ray of frost
    -repel
    -steal time
    as helpful as you "think" your guide may be your comments portray things otherwise lol ,, this surely will insure community collaboration :D
    my apologize, I didnt have a lot of free time in those days and i wrote without think.
    Ill try to explain better what you asked
    Sorry again

AsteR
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User

My fault, i should have said it is an endgame build where its supposed to have all the "better" items to build your character.
    I generally dont create build for beginners just because I dont have so much time to work in much ways (from job and other bullhsit in IRL) and for me its much easy do something for players at middle/final stage of their characters.

About mirage weapons, they are really good together with lionheart imo. I used them just because the new weapon from CoK are not so good for aoe scenarios (to many stacks to do) and because the mobs really die fast, so better burn them in the less time you can and mirage help wll in this.

regarding artifacts, every players should be know DEBUFF/BUFF ARTIFACTS > than any other self artifact
    My endgame POV prioritize debuff/buff artis in every scenario Single target which is the place where you can benefit better from those artifacts. In AoE scenarios its really hard use debuff artis because:
    -the most have single target ranged
    -endgame players destroy mobs so fast
    This is a must we teach in my guild to everyone since always.

Regarding the logs about the VOS HC rings. I probably dont have one without rings, but we can check one of my recent logs and look how many %dmg its band of air for example. When ill get some free time ill test this, promise!

ill give a look at cc bonus.

Agreed, wizard are getting now a HUGE ninja buff (in endgame contents at least) especially thanks the new artifacts set (mythallar) + Band of air

Thanks for your anwers
    I'll try to give my best
    Best regards

AsteR
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to belittle your post at any time. I had already seen their GWF build which I already considered to be standard for all DPS classes, and this CW build is almost the same with a few minor tweaks (due to Forte affecting each class differently).

I just want to encourage you to show us things that may be very good or are game traps for us to miss. I spoke to a friend recently who suffers from DragonVale weapons, I was really interested in them, until another friend told me that there is a companion from the Echoes of Prophecy event that has the same bonus which discouraged me from making these weapons as I don't have the companion . The memory came to me that my tank would have recharge speed from the time of the Tatical Buff, if the companion - weapon set stack, add to that the various recharge speed buffs already available in the game, such as DragonVale's own boots. I'm curious about the efficiency of these bonus combos available in the game, but because I'm not a tester or content creator, I believe I'll never know.
  • Options
    hi there, just a question, i have lh/celestial and have some ad to buy the mirage, is mirage good for cw compare to those 2? (of course aside to the new weapon). Thanks a lot
  • Options
    ivansoong#2073 ivansoong Member Posts: 28 Arc User

hi there, just a question, i have lh/celestial and have some ad to buy the mirage, is mirage good for cw compare to those 2? (of course aside to the new weapon). Thanks a lot

I am on the way refining Mirage Set. I owned Lionheart and Celestial Set. I do not know which one is better. I can assure you celestial is better than lionheart because when you dodge often your stamina reduced and your damages reduced tremendously in lionheart set where as Divine Fury from celestial set will maintain +7.5% extra damages although you have exhausted your stamina by dodging a lot. My experienced guild members told me that Durgarn set from COK is cool but you cannot add in extra %10 at-will damage of your choice compared to celestial set as artifact weapon.

Aster provided a good guide that is very similar to other standard guides on the Internet. I have seen many people still using Mirage Orb as wizards and I think it is still relevant. I do not know because I am not a tester like famous Neverwinter YouTuber like Aragon or Northside.