test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You fix Enchantments, you Broke The Companions

modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
As always, you fix something, but you didn't even test it, and you broke something else.

You Fix enchancments, but now you lost companions, all of them, they are out of the slot after i change lodout.

GG, as always

i am loyal fan of yours mess up everything - skills.

Comments

• Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This mess up is really mentally defeating. I had enough comps to make 4 of my 10 builds viable until they fix this, however I use 6 builds on a daily basis on my main. It just makes me even less want to bother playing.
  • Options
    johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I can verify, loadouts are completely screwed up after this patch.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This need to be priority, can we get some peace bug wise? still the movement speed lose on tanks not fixed also. SAD
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    Logging out out and back in doesn't even seem to fix them. they seem to pop in randomly or not pop in when you swap loadouts, but something must cause them to unequip permanently between logouts or something. I don't even know what companion powers I was using in half my builds! How am I ever going to fix this
  • Options
    dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    steps to reproduce:

1. have multiple loadouts with companion powers (those 6 slots next to the companion picture and below the companion gear) equipped
    2. switch between the loadouts
    3. check your companion powers every time, you will have less and less equipped the more you switch loadouts
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It unslots any powers that are shared from the previous loadout unless all of your loadouts are the same. I even tried Apply to All and swapping one power and that broke the power that was swapped - it started unslotting. If you swap between loadouts with no powers in common, you can avoid the bug. For instance, my fighter has completely different powers between questing, tank and healing loadouts. I can swap from one of those three to another without problem (Quest to Tank to Heal) but if I swap between two tank loadouts, it breaks. It has been possible to swap between different loadouts of the same kind by using an intermediate one that has no shared powers, like a blank one. That is only really feasible for multi-role classes. For my wizard, I've unslotted all the pet selections from an unused loadout. It's not a good way and I'm sure I'll forget at some point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    For my tank I could swap between aoe/st without a problem (they have one comp power different).
    I then changed one power on my aoe and changed it back.
    Since then whenever switch between the two loadouts that power is cleared and "unable to equip some items from loadout" is displayed.

My HR (4 loadouts), I just don't swap because the whole thing is a total mess. Luckily, my DCs 2 healing loadouts have the same powers (and I don't dps on it).

This really needs fixed asap.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It looks like the data isn't lost. If you can switch to a loadout with no slots in common with the bugged one, returning to the bugged one has the slots filled out again. Won't help everyone but it also means if/when this is fixed, the bugged loadouts won't have to be redone manually.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    The problem has been around since before vos release, prior it locked the profile and made it unavailable untill you overwrite it. After some trial and error. Concluded the issue was related to what slot certain comps were equipped to. For example,, Neverwinter knight, batiri, and minsc would break loadouts if they were equipped to certain slots and different equipped bonus on other loadouts regardless of offensive,, defensive,, or utility.

You would temporary fix it if you were lucky and class role loadouts were available and could swap to and back from. Batiri in universal broke loadout, Minsk in universal, golden cat in universal or defensive, and knight as well. Once I slotted batiri in offensive only, Minsk def only, cat utility only,, and neverwinter guard in universal but only being replaced with an offensive only comp in the same universal slot on other loadouts of the same role, it resolved for me.

I opened a thread on it prior but any thread I create is hidden from public for the last year...or should I say publocked viewing unless someone is logged in to arc forum and ignored by devs...so, gl trying to get any resolution on any issues.

Hopefully this helps someone, since sticking to this setup I haven't had any issues with loadouts since.
  • Options
    sfw#1705 sfw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Seems like every companion I slot in one loadout is immediately unslotted from another one.
    It is as if the loadouts are linked in some way.
    I have 2 loadouts with same pets, tried changing one companion in one of them -
    and it's the only one that stayed when I changed loadout.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This has already been escalated and ticketed internally.
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

This has already been escalated and ticketed internally.

Is there an ETA on this? This is one of those bugs that makes this game depressing to play. We swap loadouts at a fire go into a boss fight only to realize we're missing 80%+ of our comp powers which cause a wipe and possible a kick due to ppl thinking you're useless.

It's great knowing something has been "escalated" but there are countless bugs that have been "escalated" but are still in the game. some for weeks if not months. When will this game get a true bug tracker so ppl actually know whats been reported and what is being worked on.

• Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Messing around with illusions and now my barb has issues. So perhaps this provides some clues.

To start, I was having no issues changing loadouts. I currently have 3 (good dps, old dps, and tank) but only really use 2 (good dps and tank). The old dps loadout has been ignored for many months and likely refers to gear that I no longer have. Don't know if any "apply all" option has been used since mod 22 that might have affected it. It also has 2 pending boon points to apply. I had illusions equipped (good dps and tank loadouts) for both armor and weapon.

I was using the tank loadout. I unequipped negation illusion and started the process of selling it on AH. Dragged into the window and then changed my mind and closed the auction window completely. I re-equipped it and then tried to switch from tank to dps (the one I use) loadout. Unable to switch completely - cooldown error. So I switch characters and switch back. Attempted to switch loadouts again - which I can do with errors. I now have the companion power problem where some powers are not set properly (i.e., lost completely - the selected power is blank). After cycling through all three loadouts, the missing companion powers re-appear in the two loadouts I use. The old dps loadout is completely borked with mostly companion missing powers. Not going to waste time to determine if anything else is different or missing.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    I hate to ask but what is a build and a load out.
  • Options
    sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

I hate to ask but what is a build and a load out.

Character sheet, top left, there is a drop down that lets you swap "loadouts". Build is just how you built the loadout, items used, powers used, companions ect.