test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback: Why players are deleting their characters and Uninstalling.

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
edited February 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
I have heard from many different guild leaders as well as players themselves and here are the top reasons they uninstalled this game.

1.) No real content to play. ( so many have stated this)
2.) Every few mods (lately) we have to all but start from scratch on our characters. ( Money grab some think)
3.) New trial weapon are just glorified Celestial Weapons, and if you know anything about this game, NO ONE wants those, other just to say they have them. Lionheart/master work weapons are so much more preferred.
4.) Zen store and trade bar store has nothing to offer most players at or near end-game status.
5.) Nuking/nerfing companions that once were really good, to complete uselessness. Even your own Xuna ( that you sell, or use to) insanity!.
6.) Unwanted stats on gear for certain classes.
7.) Getting Boons are all but not needed as every Offensive and Defensive boon are now at 5/5 the rest are all but useless.

Example of #6) Outgoing healing on gear for a Hunter/Ranger or Combat Advantage on a Healer..... seriously??? Yes, those are actually in the game.

This game has a bad reputation for degrading rather then upgrading. It is almost a joke now to many players. When something is out preforming (like companions) BOOST the others to compete instead of nerfing the one everyone likes.

Go back to the basics I beg of you... look at the classes. Give us weapons/gear/comps that enhance that class.

These are not my words... but what has been told to me by so many that actually deleted their characters and uninstalled NWO to join other games that DO enhance game play. Like it or not.. it is just facts.
Post edited by highlyunstable on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    It is very hard to delete an account in this game. One needs to jump hops to actually do it and that is not even sure it is actually deleted. Deleting the game from your computer is easy. Deleting the account, not so much.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ok, not accounts.. deleting all characters on their accounts and then uninstalling.
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    I know all I do with this game now is login get my VIP daily's and log back off then go play Lost Ark . This last mod where we lost all our enchants was the last straw. Before that I had 6 toons I could play and do the stuff I wanted to do ,now I have 2 toons that are playable. Got better things to do than login remove enchants ,put then in bank log out login back in and reinstall on different toon. I ran mostly with r9's and r10's so after trading them in I got jack s@#t back . Got till next fall on VIP will wait and see what happens when this new company takes over.
    Also agree with your statement that trade bars and lock boxes are total jokes and not worth the waste of time.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Players come and go every day. When players lose interest or have new life priorities come up, they just stop playing. Why would anyone want to permanently delete characters and accounts after sinking all that time in the game? They might want to come back one day.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited February 2022

I have heard from many different guild leaders as well as players themselves and here are the top reasons they uninstalled this game.

1.) No real content to play. ( so many have stated this)
    2.) Every few mods (lately) we have to all but start from scratch on our characters. ( Money grab some think)
    3.) New trial weapon are just glorified Celestial Weapons, and if you know anything about this game, NO ONE wants those, other just to say they have them. Lionheart/master work weapons are so much more preferred.
    4.) Zen store and trade bar store has nothing to offer most players at or near end-game status.
    5.) Nuking/nerfing companions that once were really good, to complete uselessness. Even your own Xuna ( that you sell, or use to) insanity!.
    6.) Unwanted stats on gear for certain classes.
    7.) Getting Boons are all but not needed as every Offensive and Defensive boon are now at 5/5 the rest are all but useless.

Example of #6) Outgoing healing on gear for a Hunter/Ranger or Combat Advantage on a Healer..... seriously??? Yes, those are actually in the game.

This game has a bad reputation for degrading rather then upgrading. It is almost a joke now to many players. When something is out preforming (like companions) BOOST the others to compete instead of nerfing the one everyone likes.

Go back to the basics I beg of you... look at the classes. Give us weapons/gear/comps that enhance that class.

These are not my words... but what has been told to me by so many that actually deleted their characters and uninstalled NWO to join other games that DO enhance game play. Like it or not.. it is just facts.

Rather exaggerated claim, that players delete their characters when leaving game.
    How can be you certain that most players do that?

Neverwinter as game have issues,, but they are not as high as some claims.. Also need to understand that game is old.

Gear wise,, while you say that CA not needed for healer, you forgot that cleric have dps loadout too, warlock can be dps or healer too.
    The days when each class have own gear sets are loong gone.

As for no content.
    l Neverwinter since start where casual players focused, theme park RPG mmo game.
    It was for players who log in for couple days ever few days. IF you play Neverwinter daily for more than two hours, you very quickly complete storyline and only matter till you get suficient gear to clear most of game dungeons.

But here is thing, same stuff apply to other games too. After playing long enough, you got so familiar and bored of game content, so you start look for other games...

Also as Yoshi-p Finall Fantasy 14 lead developer told during interview,, it's good if players step away from game, maybe play other games, different type. And get back after new expansion release..

When comes need delete your character with each new module, is just play nonsense. I play as Hellbringer Warlock since it's introduction in mod 4. And I can't see any reason why I should delete my character and start all over again.

Alright you don;t like set from new trial. So you wanted Lionheart 2.0? Also do you think that Lionheart set is best for all? For some Celestial set works just fine.

4) do you want some new random guy get in game, swipe card and get in end game? Aren't that make game Pay2win??

Sure zen store need a big updated, but is it most important part within game?? As far I see nop.

5) Before xuna, there where augment companions, then SellSword/CoinARtits as best companions, then with Elemental Archon introductions, Air Archon where best.. Then Augments again, then xuna, after xuna others took place.. Then others got repalced with yet anothers.

Do you see patterns?? No companion remain best for too long.. Cuz if it remain too OP for too long. Well it would be that no one would use others at all.

Also xuna where op, and players where too much depending on that companion.. I want to ask you,, what is companions purpose?? The answer is assitance with dps/support( heal/CC, even tanking). Or providing stat gains( augments). But not main source of dps.. You, the player is main source of dps/heal/tanking.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    When a normal person dislike a game and want to leave, they will just uninstall the game. Spending one's own time to do extra work to the game such as deleting character is not normal. If one really hate the game, one would keep the characters and occupy the resource forever.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    OCD once commanded me to delete what I do not use, but I talked my demons out of that since its not feasible anymore nowadays.
    Apparently you can "delete" your NW account by contacting support tho.

Anyways - are we all getting stuck at the "delete" part of the topic and not on the reasons, because we all know the reasons for stopping to play anyway? :D

Its not fun, thats all.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a shield-type healing in HR Hunter, so outgoing healing is a gain for whoever uses this power. You see this as a bad thing, while I see it as a hint, note how perspectives change depending on the player.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited February 2022

Players come and go every day. When players lose interest or have new life priorities come up, they just stop playing. Why would anyone want to permanently delete characters and accounts after sinking all that time in the game? They might want to come back one day.

This right here is the only reason I haven't uninstalled. I almost did way back during the kerfuffle of Mod 6 (EE). Stupidly deleted 4 toons and left only 1 hanging on. I really regretted that months later when i came back after Underdark was released.

Lesson learned - current game truly sucks for me, but I have some small hope that the Gearbox buyout will lead to something better down the road (maybe in 2023?). In the meantime, I sit on my AD pile and play other games and live life. Keeping my account open and current characters costs me exactly $0 and requires 0 time on task.
  • Options
    xdavidep96xdavidep96 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    People aren't deleting their account. People are selling their account for real money. In 2/3 months the "black market" has been flooded by requests of people who want to sell their account for few bucks. The team has alredy been informed but they can't do much about.
    If you keep track on the steam charts, (only referred to steam players) they are losing 1% of players each day. I know that everytime the game is in a "bad shape" people always refer to those charts but we have never seen such low numbers
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

People aren't deleting their account. People are selling their account for real money. In 2/3 months the "black market" has been flooded by requests of people who want to sell their account for few bucks. The team has alredy been informed but they can't do much about.
    If you keep track on the steam charts, (only referred to steam players) they are losing 1% of players each day. I know that everytime the game is in a "bad shape" people always refer to those charts but we have never seen such low numbers

There was a time, when you would have a dozen or more posts here telling you "Steam doesn't represent accurate numbers." by now. Since I am here now. I will officially declare you the winner of that debate. This forum represents the few that still play and some who no longer play and they have been almost as active as Champions Online.

Wendy Black quit 6 months ago. I don't believe she removed/deleted her account but last October we all witnessed her massive give away of everything not nailed to her account at her Halloween party. I am the type of player, who will not quit, but I will get busy playing something else, then you will be like, "What happened to the annoying guy who had a fetish for skulls?". :trollface:

Lost Ark started this past month and it is free to play. We could blame it for stealing players. However I played, it is like a shiny new cookie, and it leaves a dry stale taste in your mouth after a short while. I played New World and if you look at the numbers they lost 62% the first month, 46% the second month (I am in that group), then 22% and finally 45%. They still own a large base because they started with high numbers but we are talking percentages. New World was exactly what I was told, a one and done sale, with no plans for future content. I didn't quit, there isn't anything I want to do there to make me play.

At present, I am mostly playing Apex Legends, Wendy even joins my team once in a while. She does pretty well at it. If you look at the percentiles of the first 4 months of Neverwinter, they also had negatives, but they were much lower numbers ( 11%, 21%, 19%, and 5% ) than New World. New World was a sudden and quick death, in about 4 to 5 months go check the numbers for Lost Ark.

Just killing time...
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Wendy put her account in mothballs, changed the password and set the IP watchdog on it. Technically it could be revived at anytime. I was the last to use it, checking the animation of the drake mount and how they changed it to look very unnatural.

I don't know why you would delete you characters. I really don't see any real money value in buying a used account either. The game is free to play, seems like you would be ripping people off by offering an illegal sale of an account. All Cryptic would need to do is ban the account to prevent the transaction.

I believe most people just fade away and seldom announce leaving or make a rant about it.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited March 2022

There was a time, when you would have a dozen or more posts here telling you "Steam doesn't represent accurate numbers." by now. Since I am here now. I will officially declare you the winner of that debate. This forum represents the few that still play and some who no longer play and they have been almost as active as Champions Online.

Wendy Black quit 6 months ago. I don't believe she removed/deleted her account but last October we all witnessed her massive give away of everything not nailed to her account at her Halloween party. I am the type of player, who will not quit, but I will get busy playing something else, then you will be like, "What happened to the annoying guy who had a fetish for skulls?". :trollface:

Lost Ark started this past month and it is free to play. We could blame it for stealing players. However I played, it is like a shiny new cookie, and it leaves a dry stale taste in your mouth after a short while. I played New World and if you look at the numbers they lost 62% the first month, 46% the second month (I am in that group), then 22% and finally 45%. They still own a large base because they started with high numbers but we are talking percentages. New World was exactly what I was told, a one and done sale, with no plans for future content. I didn't quit, there isn't anything I want to do there to make me play.

At present, I am mostly playing Apex Legends, Wendy even joins my team once in a while. She does pretty well at it. If you look at the percentiles of the first 4 months of Neverwinter, they also had negatives, but they were much lower numbers ( 11%, 21%, 19%, and 5% ) than New World. New World was a sudden and quick death, in about 4 to 5 months go check the numbers for Lost Ark.
    I log into my account only sporadically now - about once every 2 weeks, mostly to just update the game engine. I check on the one guild I'm in - at present it has officially about 1/3 of all slots filled. There are maybe 10% of the guild's membership actively playing in the game since the end of January. Most stopped playing prior to the end of last year (or the year before).

I still haven't abandoned it entirely, because I think there is still some hope for better days ahead. The IP used to build the world of this game is both immense and overflowing with possibilities. All it will take is for the new ownership to embrace that, and invest in better stories and more engaging gameplay.

Until then, I'm fully immersed in other games.
  • Options
    ali#9287 ali Member Posts: 2 New User
    Sometimes i am thinking to delete my characters too. I am playing with barbarian. On every dungeon barbarian have awarage dps and worst tanking. Ok... It is not important but i am thinking like this. There must be a balance between all characters and classes...and mobs. For example i am trying to hit a mob in a dungeon but somebody killing it soo faster, or some companions killing soo fastly. I am just running in the dungeon sometimes with 71k IL. This is not a good gameplay.

Second thing is, most of dungeon is for ranged player. This is my opinion, but i saw soo many player wants a ranged dps in their team. They are right because game creators didnt played vault of star (in my opinion). I am trying to hit the boss an a red circle appear on my foot. I need to run a edge. Being slowed... Trying to run the bosses side, after 3-5 hits a red circle appear again, run again.... or... did you played demogorgon as a non-ranged characters... You will understand what i mean.

Mainly i wanted to say, there isn't any balance between characters, mobs and companions. While creating a dungeon they didnt think non-ranged players and most of dungeon depends the running of something, not fighting. Lastly, i want to saw my power while fighting in a dungeon. I mustnt be the weakest dps near the 50-60k IL players. This is some kind a annoying.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    ali#9287 said:

Sometimes i am thinking to delete my characters too. I am playing with barbarian. On every dungeon barbarian have awarage dps and worst tanking. Ok... It is not important but i am thinking like this. There must be a balance between all characters and classes...and mobs. For example i am trying to hit a mob in a dungeon but somebody killing it soo faster, or some companions killing soo fastly. I am just running in the dungeon sometimes with 71k IL. This is not a good gameplay.

Second thing is, most of dungeon is for ranged player. This is my opinion, but i saw soo many player wants a ranged dps in their team. They are right because game creators didnt played vault of star (in my opinion). I am trying to hit the boss an a red circle appear on my foot. I need to run a edge. Being slowed... Trying to run the bosses side, after 3-5 hits a red circle appear again, run again.... or... did you played demogorgon as a non-ranged characters... You will understand what i mean.

Mainly i wanted to say, there isn't any balance between characters, mobs and companions. While creating a dungeon they didnt think non-ranged players and most of dungeon depends the running of something, not fighting. Lastly, i want to saw my power while fighting in a dungeon. I mustnt be the weakest dps near the 50-60k IL players. This is some kind a annoying.

There is no effective reason to delete character. Different class has different advantage in different mod. Different class is the king in different time. The 'weak' class can be the king later. This game is not about one particular dungeon.

What do you gain by deleting a character? More or less nothing except getting a character slot which is dirt cheap. Hence, one should always create new character if they think their current one is not fun to play and still want to play this game.

If you want range dps, make a range dps without deleting any character.
  • Options
    Say what you want... I know for a fact a few of my guild mates DID delete their characters. Most of them held a "lottery" type system to give away everything that was not bound to them. I still talk to a lot of them in Discord and they swear it is no joke, NWO is forever gone in their hearts and minds with no chance of returning. Like I stated in my opening this is what was told to ME.... so question it all you want, the reality is..... they DID delete their characters and uninstall. Period.
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

Say what you want... I know for a fact a few of my guild mates DID delete their characters. Most of them held a "lottery" type system to give away everything that was not bound to them. I still talk to a lot of them in Discord and they swear it is no joke, NWO is forever gone in their hearts and minds with no chance of returning. Like I stated in my opening this is what was told to ME.... so question it all you want, the reality is..... they DID delete their characters and uninstall. Period.

I don't question that some people do that.
    I just don't think we need to differenciate between deleting and uninstalling because the chances for a comeback are relatively slim with both (you could install and you could play a new toon, but lets be honest, why would you)

Pretty certain that the people that delete have a more psychological reasoning - to be "done" with NW, to "make sure" they don't return, et cetera. It's valid but I don't think that the people responsible care enough.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    ali#9287 ali Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > There is no effective reason to delete character. Different class has different advantage in different mod. Different class is the king in different time. The 'weak' class can be the king later. This game is not about one particular dungeon.
    >
    > What do you gain by deleting a character? More or less nothing except getting a character slot which is dirt cheap. Hence, one should always create new character if they think their current one is not fun to play and still want to play this game.
    >
    > If you want range dps, make a range dps without deleting any character.

I played Crusaders of Light, a small mmorpg game and their mob-player balance was really awsome. I just want this. There must be a balance between characters, between mobs, companions etc... I spend soo much time for this character and creating a new one... I just want some fun while playing. If i return the only killer in a dungeon, this gameplay is not good too. I dont mean this.
  • Options
    eyelesscz996eyelesscz996 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thats not what you want to know. Topics, bugs, things you want to change, you all describe here has one thing in common. General staff, resposible for changing, does not care. They allready made these changes, brief discussion over them was on the table. But thats not community related approach. So there is another team of people, also paid by us, players (in general), who has to responsibility to listen. Period. If you really think there is some escallation process to actual developers (in charge), let me tell you how that probably looks:
    Forum mod: "Man, we got 5000+ suggestions on one change needed thing"
    Man behind table: "What it would cost us?"
    FM: "Practically 5 milion Astro diamonds a player so basically 100 euros..."
    Then suddenly our poor people person orientated forum moderator goes silent, realizing what is at stake, silently leaves the office and sits on his desk, cursing himself how naive he actually sounded.

Who has different idea, how does these player problems escallations are handled, he is very young or naive. Everything is about people who actually decides over our future in game and they has only measure to meet. Profitability.
    Is it bad or good?
    Good is, game is still active, bugs here in neverwinter are acceptable and its pay to play model. I´d call it PayRegulary for possibility to grind. We accept that. There are much worse examples out there. Look at Elder scrolls Online - game which is broken since Murkmire DLC and still there are thousand of players willingly paying premium for unlimited craft bag. Look at LostArk which is huge scam toward non-asian players still massively pay to win. Although combat model is from ancient times like Mu Online - none of developing was needed there - . New world - dead. They try to invent some new stuff, but ultimately still massive bore in good looking package with no touch of lore.
    So ask yourself this question: Do you have other options than be a victim if you want to be in MMO? Its free to play, almost everything works, servers has fine latency and community is healthy. Thanks to money we all spend. It became to new kind of model. I´d call it "Pay to have option".
    Sometimes devs make a change what is not related with players interests, but its still here. Oh I wish you to experience magic projectile displacement in ESO bug. And theirs reactions towards players over forum.
    I dont see a reason why should they would change their game towards our needs.
  • Options
    thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Think I speak for the majority when I say we don’t need new mods, we only want dungeons with no 1 shot mechanics and just chill with our friends + better gear. the nr 1 problem is, we pay and get nothing in return.

Would pay them 100$ right now if they deleted DBV and gave us a chill dungeon so me and my friends can have a laugh and don’t "point fingers" when something goes wrong.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    In my eyes, the problem is that the game is simply bad. Not in comparison to something else, but as it is.

As you are levelling up, you are encouraged to enqueue to dungeons that are balanced for fully developed lvl20 char - so, not for you. Once you are lvl20, you head to lvl 18 content... then you are in a void for a while as you are gearing up with rather limited access to rAD - and once you are there, you face the trouble of tanks being "officially" required for the content, but severely discouraged from playing it.

Updates are released obviously broken and clearly without any play testing - e.g. latest console release; Sharandar "faster spawn rate" of hunt marks; reaper challenge skirmishes are a total "fun"/in RC dungeons all those inherent issues just crystallized. As the bard, who arrived to the game pretty much dragged on a rope behind an ambulance, is now scheduled to get the first aid roughly at the one year anniversary (if everything goes OK), my guess when the botched enchantment rework gets a fix to the weapon upgrade counts more or less in years, not just months.

Even though I named a lot (but definitely not all,) my personal reason to uninstall the game was kinda stupid - the situation within the game (mainly Sibella BHE quests + queues) taught me to read comic books while waiting for something in the game to happen. In the end, I realized I am getting annoyed if the long awaited queue pops up... so I uninstalled the game and now I read the comics without the game interrupting me.
    It is a classical example of your old hobby slowly introducing you to another, significantly better type of entertainment.
  • Options
    finality999#7648 finality999 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    And so it begins... the fade to oblivion...

This game idolized the theme of dungeons & dragons. For those who have actually read the novels, experienced the stories of Ed Greenwood, Bob Salvatore, Elaine Cunningham, Doug Niles and a slew of others who built the foundations of this particular realm of the table top game's background, the fantasy lands of Faerun and Barovia, the Underdark, and on and on, well, Neverwinter Online has done a good job of the graphics. That being said, all of you have pointed out the majority of flaws and issues within the computer code that regulates the game play. We have all experienced lags, bad animations, poor targeting systems, failed respawns (monsters and such inside trees, rocks, mountainsides, etc.) but we played on, complained and stayed or left as we see fit.

I am not here to tell you I am leaving, I dropped over $3500 to pay for my items, keys and such and it would be a waste if I deleted my characters or my account. My brother's example I give to you is he quit in 2014, and returned last spring, 2021, lots of improvements were present and lots of adventures to get involved in. The game was even more cool to play because it was all shiny and new again. That diminished within half a year and now it is grind away for things that recently were bound but now can be unbound and auctioned off. So another pay to play. He does not mind this, but I have a house to upgrade, and real world responsibilities to attend to my money is better spent in the real world than here anymore.

I have read a lot of your complaints, I have lots of my own, I was even titled as a newbie by another player as they have no idea of my gaming background or my life. I love that fact that I have a solid account in Warcraft, I pay my subscription and like that fact that I have to do so because I know I am getting my money's worth. I tallied up my gaming expenses for the 2 accounts I have had since 2009 there to date compared to NWO, I have spend $2018 verses $3500. That is a really crazy figure, $2018 over almost 14 years versus $3500+ over 10 months. Now you see the choice here, stay and pay to play or go with a more stable and reliable program. I see lots of coding issues and realize as someone who has programmed since he was a teenager to present, like 40 years, that not everyone is a genius at creating a perfect and stable program. I can only guess that things were rushed, maybe some departments never completely tested their modules or whatever, and the patched add-ins got sent to the server, we upgraded and had bugs everywhere in the game. Over time, players point out issues, and most get fixed, some still, years and many modules later, are still broken. This is disheartening to those who go back to that module and play over and over again and again. I ground out about half a million favor in Avernus over 6 months to get transmutes and weapons for only my 4 toons I have. I seen the bugs and pointed them out, still there months later...

I am seeing that many of you try playing different classes, types of characters available to you, melee or ranged, magical or hack and slash. For myself, I don't care at all to play anything other than the mage, (wizard, sorcerer, not a warlock or druid or shaman). The magic user is the only type of character I play because it should have the best special effects: fireballs, frost bolts, lightning bolts, disintegration beams, arcane blast, etc. I loved the effect NWO had when I occasionally disintegrated the huge dragons during the siege of NW event last fall, poof! gone in a green cloud of dust. I base a game's ability to keep me playing by those standards. WoW has kept me there because not only are the effects really good, but when a bug showed up, as they have in the past and likely will in the future, the company listens to the community and repairs the issues as soon as they can, usually with a 24 hour period it is working properly. I like that and it is what has kept me loyal to them for 14 years. I am a Loremaster in WoW, doing every possible quest there is as I look to the challenges to solve the puzzles the game designers have given me to figure out. Sure I can use a third party website to get better directions on how to finish the quest or quest line, but that defeats the purpose of keeping me playing. That is what many look for, something to solve to figure out, to intrigue their intellect and will to move forward in their game. With 2 factions in WoW, I have guilds of my own, no one else is in them once they were setup and I leveled them to their max and have my variety of toons to play, mostly mages and all the things that keep me interested and staying there.

Here? wow, like no pun intended, but it is a mandatory colossal effort to build a guild up to max level and takes more than one person. I am telling you this in comparing these two games to one another because you have two types of game designs, subscription and free (or really subscription versus a pay to play) and two types of play styles, a game that demands dependence upon other players to complete the dungeons, guild levelling, etc or one that can be done as a player sees fit without the need for others to participate. In NWO you can even buyout campaigns from the Zen store, so you get the benefits of doing stuff you didn't actually do yet! Sure the true endgame dungeons and raids (or dungeons and trials in NWO) require a team to do, you don't need that team though to get to that point. If you're not on the same page as all the other players in your team, well, you know the feeling, you get the boot from the party. You can level a character to max in a couple of days of play if you spend 75% of your day on NWO, you need months to do so in in WoW and other games (unless you buy a level up, but why, defeats the purpose of understanding how to play the class...). So the real deal for NWO is that the game helps you get to max level, sort of with moderate gear item levels, but then you have to dungeon crawl to get better gear and do it over and over, you cannot even make your own gear because the stuff in your workshop's are critically under powered to compete with dungeon gear drops. Was that meant to be a push to do dungeons or raids/trials? I guess so. More teamwork required...

No one likes a game that continues to have execution errors or poorly managed content or economies. When it becomes apparent that there are too many problems, players will inevitably leave and go to greener pastures. I hope that eventually the new owners make good decisions on NWO and make changes that fix the many known issues and create a desire for players, new and veterans alike. I won't delete my account, I have no reason that would be that foolish enough to throw away that much money I invested in this game. That is like car insurance for three years I would have tossed out the door, and likely, if this game is revived, I can come back and pick up where I left off. I have my steady and reliable MMO in WoW, and at one point enjoyed being a realm #1 frost mage, I know my game and my abilities and invested my time in a worthy challenge. NWO has this potential as well, it just has to be developed and the code executed without flaw. It takes time and a desire for a programmer to do so. Please remember that humans are making this game for you and they to have lives to live and things to do at the end of their day. I am sure that they appreciate all of us who throw our good money to the Zen store and as well, the comments that get read that point out issues, both good and bad that can be addressed.

One thing I love in WoW compared to NWO is that I can solo stuff in older content with endgame gear and not have to depend upon others to do. You cannot to this in NWO, if I want a piece of gear for transmog or a mount or whatever, I have no choice but to rely upon others to do the dungeon. The older stuff is scaled for some ridiculous reason to prevent a solo player from easily if at all, clearing a dungeon and getting a chance to get the item they want. That is not cool, it helped to change my mind about playing for hours on end here and return to my mainstay.

I have gone from 8, 10, 14 hours a day on NWO to 30 minutes or so now, only invoking on my 4 toons and crafting in the 2 workshops to make armor kits for sale. When my VIP runs out in 3 months, I really have no reason to continue playing anymore. Unless of course changes are made that impress me enough to stay. Who knows, maybe in seven years the game will be great again? Only time will tell.

Everyone here as a player has a right to voice their opinion, I grew up playing table top AD&D, and being a player for a while then for a DM for over 2 decades, I have plenty of experience to appreciate the efforts that went into this game's content, and for me, while I am pissed at the total clusterf*** of the enchantments and the now totally useless tradebar store, I still have hope that some good will come in the future to this game. I am a patient person, and will wait and see what the new company does for this game and it community.

Finality
  • Options
    silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Players are leaving because the game is broken in so many ways. New players don’t stay unless they find a great guild to help them along the way and explain everything that the game doesn’t.
    It also now is an expensive punishing grind past 20.

No sense of progression, no achievements and everything it’s so expensive. Content is scaled so poorly and there is a lack of Tanks for RAQ and the like. The good Tanks don’t PUG, it’s abusive and non rewarding.

Just like the chests at the end of dungeons. I’ve run countless VOS runs and not ONE legendary ring. That’s not even the Band of air!

Pulled my guilds
    Taking a break
    Hopefully something gets fixed.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The issue why players leave is simplier than what most of you think.

The answer is that, game is too outdated and new games got relased. Neverwinter simply have no chance to compete with them.

Neverwinter have no relevant longer time lasting content. While game have a large world, in reality it's very small. Only last two expansion realated content is relevant, rest no longer relevant.. Same can be said about dungeons, quest lines and whole game. Also speaking about gameplay, neverwinter become too much of single player online. Which bring question what the point to play this game if you can play offline RPG games like Elder Scroll series or the witcher series games. Where your actions actuall matters and gameplay is action combat.

Neverwinter neither action combat, neither mmo. So players moved to other games. Some want longer lasting content, some want competittion within game which in Neverwinter is non existent.

In whole game you have two things to do, quest line and repeatable quests. Or focusing on refinament and upgrading. Nothing more..

While game is about casual players,, lot of other games become more fiendly to casual ones than Neverwinter..

While I have no interest to delete my Warlock, I already scheduled game uninstallion..
    I played this game daily since mod 3 till now.. But I don't think it's worth even to log in anymore.. Cuz for last 2 months my gameplay where same. Log in to game, maybe invoke, then do daily random trial/dungeon q's and thats it. Nothing else remained.

While as distractions try collect achievements, yet system too broken and even some old acheavements got lost..

Then decide gather as many companions I can, so fasr I stopped at 150+ companions. But once I notice that some are behind wallet with no alternatives to obtain. Sorry I passed this part too.. Even combat in this game is not even action combat..

So game have nothing to offer..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I agree its very simple; there just isn't much to do once you have been playing for a while.

Monotonous grinding isn't for me.

New content is lacking in excitement, and end game bosses are about one-shot tactics and mechanics.

Each revamp to the game over the last few years has just taken stuff away or made it less creative.

The RAD rewards for the randoms are way too low to be meaningful in a time versus reward.

Chests dont seem to contain much of an exciting nature.

Its all a bit meh at the moment. I run RTQ most days, do some of the events but other than that waiting for the next mod.

Is this a healthy state for the game to be in?
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    So we have here what we have in other games too. There isn't game that will satisfy all players and it never be.
    This kind of posts can be read even on lost ark forum, and it's new game in the "west".
  • Options

So we have here what we have in other games too. There isn't game that will satisfy all players and it never be.
    This kind of posts can be read even on lost ark forum, and it's new game in the "west".

neverwiner is not bad game, good for casual players who log in once every couple days and play few hours..

Game offer some sort action combat gameplay, which is highly forgiving. Thats good for players who can't handle action combat gameplay and also don't want classic tab target rpg gameplay..

The art of the game ( sound/voice, visuals) also is kinda average, not a world class but still decent.. And with Dragon_vale(latest area) it's proved that cryptic can do make nice enviroment..
    Yet I still wait till sound engineer make soundtrack for which I could give high marks..

Now about your comment:

First of all there are various types players with own preferences.. Some play games and more in lore stuffs, some more in trade/market, some in competition either pvp or pve. Some look more for social aspects within games, and some simply want game which would very friendly to casual players and would not demand be active in certain times..

Now Neverwinter is storry telling Theme park rpg mmo game..
    It's like reading book, you have start of the storry and the end of the storry, whole progress is goind through it, and your decisions are not important. Also since it's RPG mmo, means that storry arc, campaings and questing is primary thing within game, while mmo aspects are second thing.

While mmorpg is primary sandbox and storry arc/quest lines are second thing and mostly optional.

The sandbox primary focusing on social aspects, the game is about group of players and they simply by playing create own content. More less developers create world, give tools and players create own content.. Either competition, or market or economy and etc..
    Enough look to EVE online.. THe game at the core didn't change much, but game lasting for years.. And EVE online is best/puriest form of sandbox mmo game.

Other games like Lineage 2, game which still operational for 16+ years. Though game is more less same. But main aspect there is competition between clans(Guilds), the rivally is main driving thing there.. I was in one of server where two clans where in war with each other for 8 years nonstop..

this is how looks when these two clans went to hunting and met theri rivalls.

While game looked simply, in towns you could see various activities, trading, scamming, hiring guards or supports for farming/grinding stuffs, trading, barganing, even secret deals between warring alliances.

Now Neverwinter is theme park, the theme park is storry telling. There is start of the storry and there is end of the storry.. Once you finish storry arc, you have no content to play, untill developers add new stuffs..
    Theme parks are more casual players friendly then sandbox. That's why they are popular, but their flaw is that it's have as much content as how fast developers introduce new one..

Once you complete all storry arcs, there is nothing to do.. Unless there are side gameplay, side content.
    A distraction for players till develipers develop and release new content..

Foundry where the main thing what made Neverinter popular and also one of main reasons why I started play this game.. Foundry means infinite dungeons, cuz commonity create own dungeons, with various storries. Some where like Herro who betray own party. Or arena like fight and it was before Illusionist gambit skirmish release..

Then pvp also where distraction, players need competition, thats them drive to play game. Put more time, effort, maybe even money in game..

Stronghold in time also acted as side gameplay, cuz it was outside of storry line arc's..

But now, game is just storry lines. No distractions, and once you complete storries, there is nothing to do.

For moment as distraction I decide to collect companions, stopped at point after collecting 150+ companions.. Cuz developers added mount and companion which can't be obtained via grind or buy from AH. IT was winter mount and companion, and to get that I would had to buy 50 EUro worth zen.. Sorry, not that I can't, but thats goes against my pride as gamer. Not gona be Wallet warrior..

Then decide go after acheavements. Yet it's broken and some old acheavements dissapear from my list. Some old ones from pre mod 6 days.

The game simply offers nothing intreresting.. Just storry questlines.. Which are not spectalucal eiteher. So what the point to play game which is more less single player online? If I can play offline rpg games like Elder scrool or the witcher series games.

Players come and paly online games so they could play games with others, thats main purpose of online gaming..

Gustave Le Bon.