test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bard. Ballads cancelling Power that should stay active.

Since Tuesday's patch, the Songs "Ballad of the Witch" and "Ballad of the Hero" are both causing Tailwind Mambo to cancel and revert "Con Elemento" to its base state.

This does not happen when using either ballad alongside, "Steel March" and "Blaze Flamenco" and happily work at the same time, so I'm guessing this is not how it is intended to be.

I'm pretty sure that most Bards rely on Tailwind Mambo more than the other two songs that affect "Con Elemento" and The Ballads are both incredibly useful additions to the Bard's DPS, so this could do with repairing.

I've tested this on two Bard characters as that;s all I have, but the same is happening on both.
As far as I can tell, this is happening all the time.

Comments

• Options
    badhazzbones#2984 badhazzbones Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    > @mordekai#7296 said:
    > Since Tuesday's patch, the Songs "Ballad of the Witch" and "Ballad of the Hero" are both causing Tailwind Mambo to cancel and revert "Con Elemento" to its base state.
    >
    > This does not happen when using either ballad alongside, "Steel March" and "Blaze Flamenco" and happily work at the same time, so I'm guessing this is not how it is intended to be.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure that most Bards rely on Tailwind Mambo more than the other two songs that affect "Con Elemento" and The Ballads are both incredibly useful additions to the Bard's DPS, so this could do with repairing.
    >
    > I've tested this on two Bard characters as that;s all I have, but the same is happening on both.
    > As far as I can tell, this is happening all the time.

I second that.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    This is being escalated from various reports. Thanks!
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Since Tuesday's patch, the Songs "Ballad of the Witch" and "Ballad of the Hero" are both causing Tailwind Mambo to cancel and revert "Con Elemento" to its base state.

This does not happen when using either ballad alongside, "Steel March" and "Blaze Flamenco" and happily work at the same time, so I'm guessing this is not how it is intended to be.

I'm pretty sure that most Bards rely on Tailwind Mambo more than the other two songs that affect "Con Elemento" and The Ballads are both incredibly useful additions to the Bard's DPS, so this could do with repairing.

I've tested this on two Bard characters as that;s all I have, but the same is happening on both.
    As far as I can tell, this is happening all the time.

I don't find Ballad of the Witch to be useful due to a bug: contrary to the Ballad of the Witch description, the procs do not hit in an AoE.

Ballad of the Witch states that its procs should theoretically apply to all targets that the player hits, or Ballad of the Hero but for AoE.

What *ACTUALLY* happens with Ballad of the Witch is that the procs only hit the nearest enemy, even if your attack hits multiple enemies in 1 hit. Witch's Finale correctly hits in an AoE though.

And this is one bug/design oversight amongst many that plague Bard.

• Options
    mordekai#7296 mordekai Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I know there is probably a helluva lot more pressing stuff at the moment with PS issues and so on, but I'd like to keep this wheel a little bit squeaky in case it gets forgotten about in the chaos.

• Options
    salidor#0795 salidor Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Yes got point. anyone ever like to fix it ? its still on PC Version :x