test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wards!!!!!!

The wards are kinda crazy right now, if you are a newer player as I am you have no refinement points, you are spending 3 wards per fail? this is not ok, this is not very new player freindly and will steer people away. My solution, have some kind of monthly event where you get double wards or just get wards in general or even a lair that has a chance to drop wards, What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    john#8455 john Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    They drop from the celestial coffers you get from invoking
  • Options
    leslithegreatleslithegreat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    john#8455 said:

They drop from the celestial coffers you get from invoking

You only get a maximum of 14 celestial coins per week. That's enough for 1.27 coffers. Basically over 1 month you get 5 coffers. They have a CHANCE of giving a pres ward. And that's if you do the max number of invocations every single day.

I agree that the 3 wards per fail is absolutely ridiculous and needs to be rectified.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    1. Using 3 wards is a bug. Hopefully, it can be fixed some day.
    2. RP is cheap. Ward is not. A p-ward is 15K in AH. 15K can buy you a lot of RP.
    3. p-ward and c-mote can be farmed through invocation and certain events.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Don't use pwards on probabilities less than 5%, Below that use coals - it will on average be cheaper.
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Unfortunately, wards are a very reliable source of zen sales and subsequently AD sales/ZAX for Cryptic right now. I doubt you will see any lairs that will consistently provide wards. Events will offer them, and IIRC, the Harvester event is scheduled soon.

Until they fix the bug that eats all the p-wards during a failed attempt, my personal recommendation is not to upgrade anything unless you want to use a C-ward (ie. a 1% chance to upgrade). With the new purple weapons from Dragonvale, you don't need to upgrade them and the Mythic necklace and belt sets that are available will get you by short term--again, no upgrade necessary. That realistically leaves artifacts--and short term you can either buy low level purples (obviously the old ones that don't have great stats) or upgrade newer artifacts to a purple before the refinement gets pretty pricey. That only leaves enchantments, and those are really only effectively upgraded using a C-ward.

If you would like to chance it, I completely agree with @plasticbat and do not use the p-wards on the RP (or gold if that is the third slot). Green and Blue Enchants are fairly cheap, but the purples are selling for ~20-25K AD, a bit more than the P-ward, so protecting them means that you could lose two P-wards per attempt. That's pretty expensive, especially since you made the comment you don't have many of them.

I would wait--if possible--and watch the forums. At some time (I hope), they will fix the bug that causes the extra p-wards to disappear. In the mean time, use the professions to farm gold and rp--it is pretty painless and by the time you have some p-wards, you will have plenty of rp. Farming sapphires and opals works really well to generate rp. And watch the rewards for the events--many of them do have wards available.

Lastly, for clarification, farming p-wards and c-wards through invocation is an exercise in patience. If you have a few extra toons rather than just the first two, it will go a bit faster, but with two toons, as @Leslithegreat stated, you get roughly 5 chances (I mean coffers) per month per toon to get a C-ward or P-ward. And before you open your coffers, check out a few other threads on the forum that offer advice on the 'best results'.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Basically, it just became three times as expensive to upgrade.

Um...yeah.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Cryptic's latest method of milking the player base; tripling the cost of all upgrades so they can make triple the profit from Coal Motes & Wards.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This is a bad move unless they are going to put preservation wards on bazaar at a low prize. Even with a 10% mote, the cost for higher upgrades is very high in the 3 spots to avoid using preservations.

They could remove them from the game better than this to avoid people that missunderstand the process
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    So earlier when we had 1% chance to upgrade we could either use 1 blue ward or at most 150 green wards
    Now its instead 1 'blue' ward or 450 green wards

(assuming 1% also mean guaranteed to succeed after 150 fails)

So in this example we need 3 times as much green wards as before
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    agodbea said:

So earlier when we had 1% chance to upgrade we could either use 1 blue ward or at most 150 green wards
    Now its instead 1 'blue' ward or 450 green wards

(assuming 1% also mean guaranteed to succeed after 150 fails)

So in this example we need 3 times as much green wards as before

The streak breaker limit is hardcoded on the item and is not affected by what mote you use.
    (Note that motes ADD their probability to the base probability hardcoded on the item)

Enchantments have 0% base probability and 150 tries streak breaker limit, regardless of 1%, 2%, 5% or 10% mote.

On everything below 5% use coals.