test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.131.20211219a.15

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11507503

Comments

• irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Patch notes! <3=)
  • daderickdaderick Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I didn't see mention of the issue where Barbarians and Warlocks do 0 damage immediately after sprinting. Is this issue addressed in this patch?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    And the tanks losing movement speed
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • inumbroinumbro Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    And bards being completely broken.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    @daderick Devs have different priorities. Some issues are simply too insignificant to fix both prior or soon after the mod release, like refinement rework behaving differently from the tooltip or not working at all...
  • ifantomen#9905 ifantomen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    I see no mentioning about artifact weapons not being upgradable or the 0 damage to combat enchantments after using shift. This is concerning ^^ Been 2 weeks..
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    the issue of upgrade preservations is not mentioned either. It is not known if this is a bug or is intended as a thing. At least they wrote it somewhere, people at least organize themselves. here people risk using them and burning them all ... it is better to go mote mitic, spend less.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    It's nice that a post made at 3AM refers to maintenance 4 hours later as "tomorrow"
  • bonbonfiendbonbonfiend Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    “Options

The “Require Ward to Upgrade” option has been removed.“

Isn’t this a bad thing? How many people will lose refinement materials from fat fingers?
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    NW.131.20211219A.15 Seems the version stamping logic needs to be updated for the new year as well.
  • adoendithas77adoendithas77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Any fix for the mirage set upgrade process?

Took me weeks to gather enough materials to buy the thing & now I can't upgrade it.
  • r4nger#4522 r4nger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Nothing about gear reinforcements being bugged. Known issues by me:

- You cannot donate to the stronghold coffer surplus equipment any piece of gear that has an armor kit or jewel in it.

- You cannot override any piece of gear that has a reinforcement that’s been protected pre-slotting it. Which means > get the piece of gear again, brand new if you want a diff. reinforcement in it. If the reinforcement wasn’t protected then it’ll most likely work, but if it was, it’ll give an error “Cannot be reinforced or has an identical reinforcement” which makes stats balancing just harder, since these provide almost 1% on stats, if not so.

- What reinforcements can we slot on our pants/shirts remains a mystery with 0 comments on it, and nothing we can slot in them.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Where is our fix for the broken combat enchants? we were told there was a fix in on jan 20 and that it would make it to the build today.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited January 2022

NW.131.20211219A.15 Seems the version stamping logic needs to be updated for the new year as well.

My guess is that build number has to do with when they did a last full build versus a revision. So only the last number changes.

Internally they would have a branch for the mod release that they restarted as a potential release in mid december. Then they incremented the last number each time they pushed out changes internally. And then we just finally get the external one they deem is ready. This way they can just patch the other release without a bigger update.

There are a bunch of ways to do this sort of thing. I think they keep that in the version number so its easier for them to find the root in source control.
    The mod 22 release was 2021.1219A.6 then we got .9 and now we got .15. So they have had 6 internal builds since .9.

At least that's my guess.

• yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

“Options

The “Require Ward to Upgrade” option has been removed.“

Isn’t this a bad thing? How many people will lose refinement materials from fat fingers?

Well, see, if you remove the option altogether, you don't have to fix the bug where it doesn't work anymore. /s
  • leslithegreatleslithegreat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I mentioned it in the launch week issues topic, but in case it hasn't been looked at since launch week:

Combat enchantments and companion enchantments have an item level, but not a combined rating. This means that at mythic a combat enchantment lowers all stats by 5%. The companion enchantment lowers all stats by a further 1.5% for a grand total of 6.5% lost stats. While it can be argued that the benefits of them overshadow this, it leads to a counter-intuitive, unfriendly experience for the user, and also goes against one of the primary design pillars of the game: acquiring new tools to improve your character.

Improving your character by acquiring new gear is a major component of pretty much every MMORPG, and NWO is no exception. Acquiring a combat enchantment should be entirely an upgrade - in contrast to having an empty slot - and not a side-grade. Trade offs between different enchantments is fine and is good for the game. The existence of gear that provides a bonus in exchange for a detriment is fine too. Gear with the bonus "the ol' switcheroo" is a prime example of this, however, gear with this bonus explicitly states that it has a negative effect. The combat enchantments do not do this. It is merely a function of the game's systems which causes a significant drop in stats. A new player is quite unlikely to realize this, and even for long time players it is unclear whether it is better to use one or to leave that slot blank. The only way to tell is through testing with third party programs which record the damage dealt, or by creating large spreadsheets to calculate resistances gained from fortified nature vs the amount lost and how much more/less damage you will take on average.

In my opinion systemic issues like this should be a higher priority than specific bugs, as they are both easier to fix and affect more players (literally all players have a combat enchantment and companion enchantment slot).
    Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this post.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    @leslithegreat Don't forget mount power having 3k IL and no combined rating =) gatta love it especially during RCs where mount powers aren't allowed.
  • grandforest#4819 grandforest Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I'll write here. When will you remove, or rather replace, the rewards that are still dropping in the game? Sign of power lvl 2, various old magic stones and so on? When will you fix it so that only one catalyst burns out during processing, and not all three at once? When will you revisit 1%, 2% and 5% dust? Instead of them - 20%, 30% and 50% respectively. Why don't Rage Glyphs drop, new gems of different levels - instead of the "old" ones that are falling now? Once a new module - WHY ???
    And I'll add more. If one of the components disappears during an unsuccessful upgrade, then why do three catalysts disappear during insurance? Give me back my catalysts!!! Signs of power are falling again lvl 2. Give me back my Rage Glyphs!!! And as compensation - 100% dust!!! What is this nonsense? They came up with a new one, but the old one was not removed? How is this to be understood??? Hey, the answer is needed, and detailed.
    The Sign of Power lvl 2 dropped out again. What the...? Where are the Glyphs of Power? Will you return my catalysts to me? Are there any alive?

When will you fix it so that only one catalyst burns out during processing, and not all three at once?

This is a major issue, I have not tested to see whether only one component is consumed, but 3 wards should NOT be consumed. That has made wards have 1/3 the value that they had the previous mod.
    I would also like to bring up an issue on rewards from the new campaign (and from Sharandar). The 100k AD and the 30 mount tokens from the campaign progression are only claimable on one character. After the first character you get 5 gold. This has several problems.

First, I think it's worth mentioning that 5 gold is virtually nothing. You get more than that from participating in 4 heroic encounters by selling the rings. It might as well give you nothing. Second, it punishes players who do the extra work of taking multiple characters through the campaign.

Third, - and I think this is the most important issue - it discourages players from attempting to raise alts. The majority of players play DPS. This is reflected in the difficulty of finding tanks (and to a lesser degree healers) for group content. There are 2 possible explanations for this. First, players have tanks/healers that can do the content and are adamantly unwilling to play them. Second, players do not have tanks/healers that can do the content, and are unwilling to make/raise one to the point where it can do the content. I think the second is far more likely. The campaign rewards seem intended to provide one time boosts to a character; an infusion of resources that let you upgrade them, rather than be a repeatable method for generating currency. As it stands you can only get the reward for one character, which means that you MUST choose which character receives that infusion.

I have seen this discussion come up in game several times and would like to address claims that it could be abusable.

First: using it to farm resources.
    Campaigns are only available to level 20 characters. The investment is simply not time efficient. You still have to do the work to get through the campaign. The completion rewards are mostly to give you a reward for the time you spent going through the campaign, which you did primarily to receive the boons and access to new content.

Second: it disproportionally rewards players with multiple characters, as they can move those resources all to one character.
    Players can move those resources all to one character, but does that matter? If someone puts in 2 times, 4 times, or 60 times the amount of work that another player does they should receive a proportionally greater reward. There are only so many resources that a person can put into a character before that character has been upgraded as far as possible. For example, once all your mounts are at mythic on your main character, account bound mount upgrade tokens do nothing for that character. They will by default go to a different character.

Third: the vast infusion of astral diamonds will ruin the economy.
    This is simply not true. If people have more characters they will have to upgrade more characters. They will have more AD to spend, but they will also be spending more, as the number of resources needed is increased by the number of characters.

Fourth: this isn't really about abusability, but rather precedent; the Echoes of Prophecy campaign had account unlocks, but the resource rewards were only claimable on one character, and nobody had a problem with that.
    This is absolutely correct, but it is comparing apples to oranges. The Echoes of Prophecy campaign was account wide. Progress on all characters was pooled together, so it makes sense that the resource rewards should also be pooled together. Sharandar and Dragonbone Vale are not account wide. You have to farm 450/600 commendations to get the milestone that are filled with 100k AD/mount tokens on each character. Therefore it stands to reason that you should get the reward on each character. THAT would be following the precedent that Echoes of Prophecy set.

Recently there has been a trend in improving conditions for alts. First were account wide content unlocks. Then the introduction of account wide claimable companions and mounts. Now we have account wide enchantments. These all seem to exist to address the difficulty of having multiple characters who can perform different roles. Allowing characters to unlock these rewards seems like a step that could be taken to further address this issue.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read through this. I appreciate you taking the time to consider my thoughts. Especially any devs who might read this.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    It looks like i have rubberbanding even on this forum... Otherwise how to explain my comment just vanished ?!?!?!
  • angaelsangaels Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm not giving money to a broken release.. I tried playing the new content, but it feels like wash, rinse, repeat.. Too many holes and old junk dropping in game for me to waste my time and money on. Im taking a break.
    Agree with comment above. What it is? New module, new campaign, new stones, new power glyphs, etc. And everything else (various rewards for this or that performance) is OLD??? Why didn't you (developers) take this into account? Why does three catalysts burn out instead of one when insuring components? Tech support is not helpful in this matter. So give me back my Catalysts, Glyphs of Power and Solid Dust!! When can developers expect corrections on these issues?
    So what about my compensation? How much should I wait? Where can I change Signs of Power lvl 2 to Glyphs of Power (they should fall)?? Give me back my catalysts! How much can be ignored?