test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Was there a patch today? Any patchnotes?

mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
With so many bugs in game I expected a patch.

In particular I am waiting for them to fix the bug where 3 pwards are taken for each fail.
Can't upgrade my enchants until that is fixed.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,238 Arc User
    No patch today.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 139 Arc User

No patch today.

Yeah, just maintenance today.

With so many bugs in game I expected a patch.

In particular I am waiting for them to fix the bug where 3 pwards are taken for each fail.
    Can't upgrade my enchants until that is fixed.

I believe the using of three preservation wards on a failure isn't a bug, just the new system.
    It seems that you have to protect each component if you don't want to lose anything on failing. If you didn't use a pward on any of them you would lose one of them at random from failing.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    baucoin said:

I believe the using of three preservation wards on a failure isn't a bug, just the new system.
    It seems that you have to protect each component if you don't want to lose anything on failing. If you didn't use a pward on any of them you would lose one of them at random from failing.

It is a bug. Based on dev's description of how it should work before people tried in preview, it is a bug. It was reported in preview.

How it is supposed to work: if the upgrade fails, one of three will be picked to lose randomly. If the picked one is protected by p-ward, the p-ward is lost instead. It should not lose all 3 p-ward. It should be only one if 3 are protected.

The bug is losing all 3 p-wards instead of only one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 139 Arc User

baucoin said:

It is a bug. Based on dev's description of how it should work before people tried in preview, it is a bug. It was reported in preview.

How it is supposed to work: if the upgrade fails, one of three will be picked to lose randomly. If the picked one is protected by p-ward, the p-ward is lost instead. It should not lose all 3 p-ward. It should be only one if 3 are protected.

The bug is losing all 3 p-wards instead of only one.
    Cool, then I hope they fix this soon. :)
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    From what Jared Sears said on the livestream it is not intended that they take 3 pres wards because they did not expect people to protect RP and Gold. So that is why it is taking all 3 at the moment.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

From what Jared Sears said on the livestream it is not intended that they take 3 pres wards because they did not expect people to protect RP and Gold. So that is why it is taking all 3 at the moment.

That is the most common excuse for a bug: I did not think of THAT! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022

In my opinion, it may not be the only thing they did not "expect". Did they even understand there are situations that could take 0 p-ward? When GoP is protected by p-ward, the random pick can be gold and only gold should taken and 0 p-ward should be consumed.
  • Options

If they indeed said it exactly that way, it is a very dumb statement. If they did not expect people to protect RP and Gold, why did they spend the effort to do the programming to allow people to protect them?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Basically how he worded it was that they did not think people would bother protecting RP and Gold as most people have them in abundance, but too they also thought people would only want to keep one set of illusions instead of keeping all they have. The old never assume anything, thing.