test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OPPRESSED BY TIME OR BY A GAME?

Hello, please tell me the players playing Neverwinter Online starting at 15:00 Pacific Time is a joke for you? For these players, the chance to take the top loot from VIP chests is zero, in order to take the necessary loot from the dungeon, you need to go to the same dungeon 20 times within 5 months and it's not a fact that you will get it! Isn't it time for you to reconsider the so-called random in favor of the oppressed by time?

Comments

• Options
    iownjooiownjoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hmm! I am in PST time. I need to consider this as I just downloaded the game with my roommate and we are trying to decide characters to pick. I couldn't neccessariy start my own post, so I guess I can hi-jack this one.
    Hey so my roommate and I are going to start this game and I was trying to figure out if I should be trying for a 2 person party like a tank+healer or are we going to need to team up with others anyway and should just pick whatever we want? Obviously there are probably more DPS than anything.. so maybe we should pick a healer or tank or just 1 of us and ask if the other can join if we join? Help!!!!!!
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you thinking that all the premium drops are used up for the day? Lockboxes drop mythic mounts at all times of day, there isn't a pool of them available per day. The last 3 Mythic mounts I've pulled were later than the time you have listed. My primary game time starts about 14:00 PST and runs for a few hours and I pull all kinds of loot. Yes, I might run several runs of dungeons and trials in this time. Some days I run campaign content, some days I farm dungeons/trials.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    3pm PST has pretty decent player numbers compared to 3pm UTC or ECT (those are in Europe). 3pm PST is prime time for Europe as it is around 8-9pm there.

@iownjoo if you and your friend have a healer / tank duo, you can queue together for dungeons and get 3 random dps players very quickly. I'd recommend Cleric and Fighter as both have good dps paths you can switch to when running open world content.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    3pm PST is almost the prime time for Neverwinter. 6pm (was 7pm last week) in Eastern time zone. It is more or less the starting time of the mass of players in different zones can play together.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    3pm pst = midnight in europe (cet)... or i'am missing something...
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    If you have time, play.

If you have money, spend.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

3pm pst = midnight in europe (cet)... or i'am missing something...

Actually you're right - I was thinking of EST. PST is another 3 hours so 11pm UTC and midnight ECT. That's a really busy time in terms of player numbers. I don't understand what the OP is complaining about.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    armadeonx said:

I don't understand what the OP is complaining about.

I think he is basically complaining about not being lucky at all with RNG, and as human brain doesn't understand statistics and big numbers well, he associates his lack of fortune with some superstition about the usual daytime/hours he is playing in.
    It's like my own superstition to get more luck by opening my lockboxes right past midnight (UTC+1) in stardock rather than anywhere and anytime else :D .

edit because i want to detail my superstition :P : Before mythic appeared in lockboxes, i was always opening in PE. The only big thing I got in 4 years (2016-2020) was one legendary tenser disc, in a bit more than 4x365 keys + ~800 keys bought with zen.
    I got my first mythic in stardock at midnight (UTC+1), and so far stardock at midnight (UTC+1) looted me each mythic mount featured by lockboxes since KoS and only with daily VIP keys, I didn't miss any, didn't buy extra keys. I think the most openings i had to do was ~80ish before getting the mythic, the usual is around 40-50 (i always do it in one run of openings until i get the mythic, stop when i get it and then stockpile the keys for the next lockbox).
    So i will continue to open in stardock, even though i know it's pure superstition ^^
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    There are always lots of conspiracy theories and superstitions floating around for the RNG.

None have ever been proved.

The RNG rolls as the RNG wants, all praise the RNG!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I have 2 superstitions:
    1. For serious RNG (as open a lot of stuff), I go to SH and make sure I am alone. For less serious RNG (only open few), I go to workshop (because it takes less time to load).
    2. The game can read your mind. If you want something badly, you won't get it. If you don't really care, you will get it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

2. The game can read your mind. If you want something badly, you won't get it. If you don't really care, you will get it.

This. Totally. The few times I have opend a box with no expectation or a dungeon chest etc etc I have gotten a few good things.
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

I have 2 superstitions:
    1. For serious RNG (as open a lot of stuff), I go to SH and make sure I am alone. For less serious RNG (only open few), I go to workshop (because it takes less time to load).

I used to have two superstitions--1. go to SH and make sure i am alone and 2. Wait until you see a mythic or legendary success from another player then begin opening. RNG runs in streaks, you know.

After plasticbat's post, now I have three. I will need to begin wearing an aluminum foil hat to safeguard against this latest threat to my RNG--thanks @plasticbat. Do you think the hat will work, or will the game sense my connection through the mouse? Aluminum foil gloves, maybe???
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I vote time.

Those darn people on west coast get to sleep 3 more hours than me and go to bed 3 hours after I do!! So you just know they are in there up to no good. :trollface:

@arthur#7504 I think you have played some other games, like me, and people here don't comprehend server times the same as you and I.

Other MMOs (unlike Neverwinter) have refresh on daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Some of them restock fish on a weekly basis, others reset how much you can sell to vendors. Without these resource limits, the shear numbers of tens of thousands of players in the game, would corrupt the economy and send it into a tailspin.

But here @arthur#7504 you can rest assured this will never happen.
    1. Neverwinter doesn't restock anything weekly on server reset or any other day.
    2. The economy is already in the flusher.
    3. There are not tens of thousands of players... maybe 900 on a good day?
    There was a site long time ago, before they got shutdown by Cryptic, so I am not allow to tell you the name. They posted the odds on the lockboxes. It was like 10,000 to 1 that you would get something you are wanting from them. Then there are YouTube videos that show you 2,000 to 10,000 boxes being opened and the shear amount of garbage in them. My pal @sameriker bought $200 worth of keys and got 1 legendary mount a few years ago. I don't think he plays this anymore, I haven't heard or seen him in the forums or these games lately. I met him on Star Trek, he made bought us a guild here, we had some fun, end of story.

I spend money on their Champions game, not lately, because I am busy saving for my Christmas gifts. They are all for me, well most of them, the ones I decide to keep. I still vote time.

Just killing time...