test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice change to Progress Rewards - Ty Devs

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
I just wanted to say a thankyou to the devs for improving the quality of the progress rewards. When it was overflow xp rewards we used to sometimes get skill points for our boons which made it something to look forward to, but all that changed and since then the rewards when you got one were pretty lackluster and not all that interesting and when they came along it was a case of who cares, it's nothing, big deal, why bother. I noticed that the rewards have improved, first I waited for a few times to make sure it was a thing, but it is and I think it's a great move. There's some nice stuff in there and it's once again something to look forward to. Ty.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Looking forward to the feedback on the upcoming 2x Progress event - will make getting progression rewards faster.
  • b3yz4deb3yz4de Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Looking forward to the feedback on the upcoming 2x Progress event - will make getting progression rewards faster.

hello i would like to know how much im getting from completing quests, killing mobs, currently only visible progress thing is that bar
    please add smth to quests like (this quest rewards 0.5% progress) or (mobs with 1dot gives 0.1%... 4dot mobs 0.4%)

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    I don't think quests reward any progress at all. I think they should because they used to reward a lot of progress towards the old progression rewards before the rework.
  • stryker80#0653 stryker80 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I haven't paid enough attention to say for certain, but it does feel like some days my bar is filling faster than others. It seems to depend on what I'm doing, and also where I'm doing it.

Even if y'all don't want to share specific numbers @nitocris83 , it would be nice to have a somewhat general idea of what fills the bar. For example, I know I got a chunk for completing Tiamat in RTQ, but was it for doing it AS RTQ? If I direct queued would I get the same? Is it 1st of the day, or every completion?

Also, direct mob kills in different zones seem to fill the bar at different rates. Again, this is not based upon any analysis, just anecdotal "oh, I got a reward super fast today, maybe it's this zone" kind of stuff.

But, I do also want to echo the OP's sentiment - thank you for these updated rewards!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I haven't paid enough attention to say for certain, but it does feel like some days my bar is filling faster than others. It seems to depend on what I'm doing, and also where I'm doing it.

Even if y'all don't want to share specific numbers @nitocris83 , it would be nice to have a somewhat general idea of what fills the bar. For example, I know I got a chunk for completing Tiamat in RTQ, but was it for doing it AS RTQ? If I direct queued would I get the same? Is it 1st of the day, or every completion?

Also, direct mob kills in different zones seem to fill the bar at different rates. Again, this is not based upon any analysis, just anecdotal "oh, I got a reward super fast today, maybe it's this zone" kind of stuff.

But, I do also want to echo the OP's sentiment - thank you for these updated rewards!

I believe it is based on number of kills (may include partial kills).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

I seen this event on the calendar but couldn't figure out what it related to! Now I know :)
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    so this is the progress to next reward after getting to level 20 like the old xp bar?
    edited November 2021
    empalas said:

so this is the progress to next reward after getting to level 20 like the old xp bar?

No. Previous XP reward did not require killing. I don't think killing helped before. If it did, it did little to XP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

>
    Is that what the event helps with? The toolkit is somewhat vague so wondered if somehow it meant current Campaigns. Glad for the clarification.
    edited November 2021

empalas said:

No. Previous XP reward did not require killing. I don't think killing helped before. If it did, it did little to XP.
    I don't mean that it updates the same way...I mean what they replaced it with.... trying to figure out what 2x Progress means and the like and just progress rewards.... you make progress in something...and there is nothing that says what this is anywhere... why they didn;'t give it a name of some sort beyond "Progress" is beyond me
    empalas said:

empalas said:

I don't mean that it updates the same way...I mean what they replaced it with.... trying to figure out what 2x Progress means and the like and just progress rewards.... you make progress in something...and there is nothing that says what this is anywhere... why they didn;'t give it a name of some sort beyond "Progress" is beyond me
    Last time I paid attention is: after I kill 10 or 12, I get 1% progress. I assume in 2x, I will get 2% progress for the same amount of kills. I don't know what else can trigger "progress".
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Ive been capped at 12% progress?.. why can't i progress past that?... i have killed tons off mobs and it stays at 12%...
  • nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Has anyone else been capped at 12% progression like me?, or am i the only one being blocked from enjoying this event.. should i just spend even more money on the game instead?........
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I to have been enjoying the reward on progressing! I also think it a bug if you are capped at "x" amount per day for playing the game. Anyways, some thoughts were placed here, nothing official though :O

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1262642/progress-to-next-reward

Thanks
    Black
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

I just wanted to say a thankyou to the devs for improving the quality of the progress rewards. ...

Just claimed rewards from XP overflow, don't see any change:

I just wanted to say a thankyou to the devs for improving the quality of the progress rewards. ...

Just claimed rewards from XP overflow, don't see any change:

Was it left over XP overflow? Or, Progress reward?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    My last progress was 5 tarmalune bars.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User

Was it left over XP overflow? Or, Progress reward?

Yeah, it was left over from XP overflow, I'm to lazy to claim rewards.
    I guess I need to claim that first on all of my toons, so that they start getting new rewards.
    I'm guessing for whatever reason they want this to be a mystery of some sort. Its the only thing that makes any sense why they have stayed silent. And hey even if you get 0 progress congrats you still got 2x. Ya I'm a bit annoyed at this.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The 12% cap hits mostly the part time players who have 1 or 2 toons. Those that can only play on weekends or whatnot will benefit the least from this event since the best way to profit from it is to hit the cap every day - instead of spending 20 hours farming on the weekend.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox