test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic game launcher issues

I would love to participate in the charity event that launcher today. But, per customer service there is no way to claim reward codes if you play through the epic launcher. Are you ever going to fix this? I can not participate in anything outside of the game, promo codes, preview server, refer a friend etc. Had to create a separate arc account just to be able to post to the forum and submit support tickets.

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    If I recall, Epic players will have to submit a ticket to link their Epic account for Arc. Epic Account, registered email and in game handle.
  • vivaciousvirgo#7776 vivaciousvirgo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    nic1985 said:

If I recall, Epic players will have to submit a ticket to link their Epic account for Arc. Epic Account, registered email and in game handle.

Nope, have submitted tickets twice. Was told there is no way to link your epic account to arc. Here is customer service response

"While both platforms feed into the same game server, the account system is not completely cross-compatible, so you won't be able to use Epic accounts on Arc and vice versa. As of now, there is no option to use your Arc credentials or link to an existing account when you start playing on Epic.

The Epic sign-on option you see on our site is *only* intended to access basic Arc services such as Customer Support and the forums. Using this option will make you a new Arc account linked to your Epic credentials, but it will *not* be linked to either your Epic OR Arc game accounts."

**Edit: Did not realize it logged me into my wife's account before making the reply post.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @vivaciousvirgo#7776 Thank you for that info, that is very unfair they can't help Epic players redeem all those free codes/promo.
  • galliardurbanogalliardurbano Member Posts: 2 Arc User

nic1985 said:

Nope, have submitted tickets twice. Was told there is no way to link your epic account to arc. Here is customer service response

"While both platforms feed into the same game server, the account system is not completely cross-compatible, so you won't be able to use Epic accounts on Arc and vice versa. As of now, there is no option to use your Arc credentials or link to an existing account when you start playing on Epic.

The Epic sign-on option you see on our site is *only* intended to access basic Arc services such as Customer Support and the forums. Using this option will make you a new Arc account linked to your Epic credentials, but it will *not* be linked to either your Epic OR Arc game accounts."

**Edit: Did not realize it logged me into my wife's account before making the reply post.
    Had the same answer after opening a ticket. Any updates? Arc will address this issue, for the sake of the players??
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    As far as I know, the reward code has to be claimed through ARC account. It does not have to be using ARC launcher though. I believe it can claim through ARC web page but it is only my impression and that may not be true. So, take what I said as a grand of salt.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • galliardurbanogalliardurbano Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    A new year has come, the devs still ignoring players.... any updates on this matter????