test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck in loadout

I can't switch out of my current loadout. It started after the new mod upgrade and I've tried applying companions to all, mounts to all, and I even copied my working loadout to the rest and rebuilt everything using retraining tokens. Each of those things would work for a time and then I would only be able to switch between different loadouts in different orders until I eventually got stuck in one again. I've been going back and forth with NW support for a month and they finally just closed the ticket, said they can't fix it, and I should go to the bug forum and start a thread. I'm hoping someone here can help. Thanks!

Comments

• divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    it happened to me as well, the only way to unlock the loadout is by copying your current loadout, meaning you'll have to sacrifise a retraining token.
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can confirm that this is still an issue. My paladin is stuck in it's pve loadout, so I can neither tank properly or heal with it. Please fix this. Switching loadouts has been an issue since Mod 21 launched. It's ridiculous that this issue has been like this for a month now. It renders some of our characters simply unplayable. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
  • scortch#1803 scortch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    This is ridiculous. I apply companions to all loadouts. Switch to each loadout and fix them back for dps or tank and then, I can't switch yet again. Only the 30th time I have tried to do loadout and it's stupid that it's still going on.

What it boils down to, if a companion power is in a different slot in another loadout, it causes them to get stuck. if you use the same power in all loadouts, it has to be in the same spot as the other loadouts.

So, if you have a companion that has offense and utility powers, if you have it in the offense slot while in your dps loadout, then in the utility slot in the tank loadout, no more loadout swapping
    Post edited by scortch#1803 on
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I think this bug is caused by having a different companion on "offense power" between loadouts, then if you want to switch to another loadout you need to apply all companions to all loadouts or clear the companion power in the offensive slot.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    This bug caused by using the same companion power in multiple loadouts but in different slot in each.
  • flinnty#9711 flinnty Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    This bug is still around! Please fix it. It is infuriating to apply my companions to all loudouts again and again, especially on my paladin where I have 4 different companion arrangements for each loadout.

This bug is still around! Please fix it. It is infuriating to apply my companions to all loudouts again and again, especially on my paladin where I have 4 different companion arrangements for each loadout.

Are you using at least one of those companion powers in all loadouts? If you do, is it in the same slot in every loadout?

If you think thats infuriating, try being stuck permanently even if you apply to all and still the loadout is stuck.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    @nitocris83 can you please pass this on to the team to fix?

It is incredibly frustrating to not be able to switch between loadouts.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Good to see that I am not the only one having this issue. Hopefully the devs can fix this with the next patch.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Loadout switching issues are being reported as they come in to help with issue investigation.
  • anguis3anguis3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    You can change loadouts by ensuring that the "Apply to all loadouts option" on the current loadout has been chosen. So if as I was with my CW in #2 loadout and unable to switch to #1 loadout; after clicking on apply to all loadouts on each item that it applies on your character you can change. Remember to check any that apply.
    edited September 2021
    i actually took a video, where i show how im unable to use my healer bard ever since it came out, because i cannot swap loadouts i can only swap to the loadout i just copied and now have to spend a retraining token
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkP4PLGCv3A
    I don't know if it helps or not but the error message says "Unable to equip some items from the loadout" which I usually getting when i switching loadout and it would use something i don't have anymore like i run out of healing potion or sold a gear that was used previously in that loadout and etc. I can see in your video that you unequipped everything but the gear. I'm not asking you to do that again but have you tried to swap your rings with each other, such as equip the ring from your right hand to your left and from your left hand to your right? Sometimes that is also can lead to the error message if you forgot to swap them back.

Sorry for any inaccuracies, as English is not my main language
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    divectore said:

i actually took a video, where i show how im unable to use my healer bard ever since it came out, because i cannot swap loadouts i can only swap to the loadout i just copied and now have to spend a retraining token
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkP4PLGCv3A

You forgot to remove artifacts and rings
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    You can't change loadout if the same item placed in different slots in your builds. If you want to change build but you can't, you can unequipt all items which can be placed in different slots:
    Potions, rings, artifacts, companion equipment, companion powers, mount collars, mounts (you need to change them to mounts which you guaranteed don't use in other build)
    edited September 2021

You can't change loadout if the same item placed in different slots in your builds. If you want to change build but you can't, you can unequipt all items which can be placed in different slots:
    Potions, rings, artifacts, companion equipment, companion powers, mount collars, mounts (you need to change them to mounts which you guaranteed don't use in other build)

i have unequipped my gear part by part, and it seems it was caused by one of my artifacts.
  • toxicmephisto#4280 toxicmephisto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Why everyone is looking for workarounds and do not clearly ask Cryptic to solve the issue?! It's a BUG and needs to be fixed.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    I generally no longer have problems with items being in different places when switching loadouts. I always have trouble when I add a new companion or mount and I always have to update that to get it working again. Used to be If it said it was item related then I had to apply each and every individual item on the character sheet to all loadouts as well.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Why everyone is looking for workarounds and do not clearly ask Cryptic to solve the issue?! It's a BUG and needs to be fixed.

We have clearly asked - many, many times. The workarounds are being shared between players because we know some bugs drag on for years and it's the only option available to us.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I recently had this bug after a long time of never having it, it ended-up being the companion power slotted in the bottom right slot (utility) and I was using Compy's Instincts for what it's worth. I had it in two diff places in two diff loadouts, so I put it in the same spot and it resolved itself.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.