test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rename Tokens Don't Work Anymore

trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
I just used a rename token on my fighter alt, it came from the wonderous bazaar. and I can't find the rename option anywhere
I could have sworn it appears in character select menu when you right click the character, but its not there
I've logged out and back in multiple times, including reentering my password.

When I right click my character, I only get 3 options displayed, mark as main, buy, and delete character. I checked every single character I had, none of them have any options besides those.

When I click the buy option to see if that opens up any additional menus, it just says "the item you tried to purchase is no longer available"

I also checked for the rename token and it was definitely applied since it no longer physically exists in my bank or in my character's bags.

I also asked around ingame and not many people bothered to answer. The ones who did told me to check the tower of alterations. I went there and checked the NPC and all the rooms, still no rename token or rename option anyware. The NPC only accepts change appearance tokens.
--
PVP Rogue,
--[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
----------------------------------------------------------------
Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
Platform: PC

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    As some additional info, I've bought and used a token before, bought from wondrous bazaar too a few weeks ago.
    That one was used on my ranger alt, and I had no issues using it then.
    Probably bug is from today.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    edited August 2021
    As another update, the buy option in right click menu in character select later changed to "buy race reroll token". All of my characters say this.

Still am not getting a rename option.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • felixdreldrak#6611 felixdreldrak Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here, have renamed many toons, even since the change, but bought one today and now cant rename a character. What can I say, I have many toons and sometimes like to rename them. Meh.
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Bought a rename token today from WB and also cannot change the name of my character. I bought the token as my partner had bought one today and couldn't see an option to use it. I believe it was available from the character select screen.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have renamed a character since the change but it was with a preexisting zen store purchase.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I bought a rename token from WB in preview to try last night. I could not 'use' the token. The 'use' is in the pull down menu of right clicking it. It had an error message.

[10:13][Error]Unable to complete transaction: the product had an unknown key

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue will be resolved in upcoming patch.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Issue will be resolved in upcoming patch.

If we had previously bought a Rename from the WB that has not worked, will this be auto credited as part of the fix?
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Did the patch go live this morning because rename tokens still aren't working
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Patch went out this morning for PC - I'll follow up internally for a status on the rename token.
  • scortch#1803 scortch Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Patch went out this morning for PC - I'll follow up internally for a status on the rename token.
    What about credit in the game with a new token or AD or will it be available on our account?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

What about credit in the game with a new token or AD or will it be available on our account?
    It looks like they were sitting there pending on the character they were redeemed on.
    I used my rename token yesterday, option was finally available and no issues.
    --
    PVP Rogue,