test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Change to Bard's Entourage Pack

v00du#6692 v00du Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I typically do not get wrapped up in fashion in games. However, for my newly created bard, there is a certain look I was going for. I did find one piece of head gear (fool's crown or something), but it was only usable by wizards and warlocks. When the Bard's Entourage Pack was released I was excited to see that the hat I was looking for (a sort of large beret with a feather), was included. Normally I would never pay real cash for a cosmetic piece, but in this instance I did pay for the 30,000 credit pack.

Everything was fine until last weeks patch when the hat I was wearing changed to some lame crown. I went to patch notes and saw the following "The Wayward Bard's Fashion has been updated to its intended appearance." Not only was my hat missing, but the pants were changed to tattered rags and the shirt is invisible. This is the intended appearance!? I have seen a few other posts around the internet where people expressed frustration about this exact pack.

My question is this, why change the appearance of the items at all? I understand changing the powers, stats or whatever on zen market purchases in order to balance the game. But the bard fashion set in the Bard's Entourage Pack had zero impact to the game play and balance. I feel confident in saying there is not a single person who bought the pack who is happy with this change. I imagine this plea will fall on deaf ears, but I implore the developers to revert the fashion set in the Bard's Entourage Pack back to the way it was when people were enticed to purchase the pack.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    My view is this: You paid real money for something and thought that's what you were getting, you got it and were happy with it, then the company changed it. If it's now not what you wanted and paid for, they should refund your zen and delete the pack items. Will they? No. But I would put in a ticket anyway asking for a refund.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    I tried a ticket first and when they finally responded a few days later they said sorry you are not happy with our changes and recommended I post it in the forums so that other people could see and the devs could see. I know they are not going to look at this, so I guess it is mostly a vent.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    It's like buying something on shopping TV which you see and like, getting it delivered and using it and being happy with it then they creep into your home and swap it for something else you didn't want. You did not get what you paid for. You deserve at least a zen refund to purchase something else. And yea, I knew they would be of no help.
  • Options
    archomedicus#1729 archomedicus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am also very angry with this. That outfit was most of the reason I got that pack.
    They also gave me the same answer but I'm not just gonna leave it there. We got scammed.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks to folks for their feedback regarding the appearance of the Wayward Bard’s Fashion. We understand this has caused some frustration and we are discussing solutions that will allow for players to obtain the appearance they had intended to purchase. We will provide an update when available. Thank you for your patience!
  • Options

Thanks to folks for their feedback regarding the appearance of the Wayward Bard’s Fashion. We understand this has caused some frustration and we are discussing solutions that will allow for players to obtain the appearance they had intended to purchase. We will provide an update when available. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you Nitocris83. I appreciate that my plea is being recognized.
  • Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    can we get some confirmation on the bound to character floral vorpal? Can it be made bound to account please? I posted about it and never heard back.. Do I need to make a ticket? It was not bound to character before and could be traded which was really nice..now its completely character bound which is terrible. I feel blown off on this.
  • Options

can we get some confirmation on the bound to character floral vorpal? Can it be made bound to account please? I posted about it and never heard back.. Do I need to make a ticket? It was not bound to character before and could be traded which was really nice..now its completely character bound which is terrible. I feel blown off on this.

Patch notes here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11494843
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Thank you for posting this and thank you cryptic for making the changes. I really appreciate it. <3
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    https://ibb.co/C7NGQSy Huh..update..my floral vorpal still bound to character. Am I supposed to write a ticket on this now?

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

https://ibb.co/C7NGQSy Huh..update..my floral vorpal still bound to character. Am I supposed to write a ticket on this now?

"In a future build, we plan to unbind the aforementioned items that were incorrectly bound. More details coming later."
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    greywynd said:

"In a future build, we plan to unbind the aforementioned items that were incorrectly bound. More details coming later."
    Will it be fixed like Butterfly bilethorn? Still waiting on that one.
    Post edited by winteranesti on
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    It will be fixed "soon", the trademarked Cryptic answer to everything. Filing tickets about compensation for their misleading marketing does nothing as only the Devs can give compensations and they don't handle tickets. They have an impenetrable firewall of GM:s to prevent any such tickets to get through. If you've already given them your money and they don't deliver as they should. Move on, write it up as a life lesson and don't fall for their lies and giving them money ever again. Maybe then they will start to understand that they need to reevaluate their whole corporate policy on how to treat their customers, no matter if it is in a collaboration with an other company or not. Cryptic is responsible to give correct information to those who pay for something they put together.