test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jewel of the North Launch Week - General Bugs

Comments

• Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    could fail last year as well - pretty sure that is a Mod15 thing. Needed to craft some food or so before the cloth to lvl the artisan.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

Well, issue with the Summer Festival artisan...
    one character gets it when he visits the Workshop without any problems,
    two other characters get nothing when they go to the Workshop, and yes, both of them have enough room for the artisan.

For me, it is just random. 5 of my ~20 characters can get the artisan. All of them have max out artisan. For those that work, the game just increase 1 to the temp cap.
    Well, one more thing, crafting the cloth for the ball can now fail... not sure if it could fail last year as well, but i'm pretty sure it didn't, and i could always craft my daily ball.
    Not enough proficiency can fail. If yours has enough proficiency and fail, it is a bug. If it could not fail no matter what last year, it was a bug.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, jumped from the Summer Festival event area right into the Workshop and could get the artisan for most of my characters, but one character still can't get it, and i've no idea why...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User

Why has all the Masterworks Professional equipment, issued as part of completing the Masterworks missions, become disabled with the new release? Is this a bug? Spent a lot of time (and money) to get these items!

The game is programmed to require a character to be level 60 to access MasterWorks. Since we are all 20, none of the tools that were the rewards for MW are accessible.

As all my chars are in MW, I don't know if access to the intro to Masterworks quests (Don't Say His Name) has also been affected.

I really hope this is part of the fix to the Summer Event crafting. It is really tough to only be able to run one crafting at a time because all our good tools are locked up.
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    M21 reintroduced super lag.

Any instance with more than 20-30 people in incredibly laggy. To the point where I'm wondering why on earth I'm wasting my time trying to actually DO anything on those instances. It takes me 2-4 times as long. And, TBH, is very, VERY quickly sucking the enjoyment out of this game.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • Options
    fisenfisfisenfis Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Why cant we buy Celestial weapons for the bard?
  • Options
    alistairetheblu#7442 alistairetheblu Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2021

Seals of the Wild are not dropping for me in Random Trial Queue or the random Advanced Dungeon queue and the amount that are supposed to drop changes randomly when you choose the queue - trial shows 20 or 50 and advanced shows 40 or 90

Still happening after the last maintenance. and btw the amount changes because the type changes, sometimes it shows seals of the wild, other times adventurer seals. It's not supposed to be adventurer seals though for the first run of the day. I just got 0 Seals of the Wild after queueing while it said that type, so just picking the queue when it shows the right seal doesn't work either.
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Don't know if this are bugs or WAI:
    Created a bard and while doing the campaings i found this problems:

River District campaign:
    Main Quests (gold ones) do not give currencie, only like 26 silver.

SKT:
    Same problem + SOMI unlocked even tho i didn't unlocked it on my campaign window.

WOD and DR were completed with genies gifts so idk about those two and im actually scared to try the other campaings.

As a final thing, i would like to ask why SKT can have reputation with genies gifts but not IWD.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Undermountian - Collect a depleted artifact

How are we to do this when nothing dies. I can collect the Unstable Resonance easy enough but even at 56k with a 3,000 Mag Toad lick I can't kill the monsters there, they just heal up. I'm sure it's rather easy in a group, but there's no one doing this. There's no indication of where players might be doing these.

Managed to find another player, we killed 3 monsters in the 3 minutes. This makes me want to move on and not look back. Not a fun experience. So far imo the worst part of the playthrough. And for me, this is the end of all the leveling content, I've played through it ALL on a new Bard.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Add a questline path to Stardock.

The path to Stardock is non existent if your a new player and don't know it exists. I finished Undermountian and yes the questline takes you to Neverermers Envoy upstairs but doesn't lead you to actually complete the expedition up there. Following the questline it takes you back downstairs to the runemaster and to regular master expeditions never actually making it to Stardock.
  • Options
    calowaren#7845 calowaren Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bounty bags/items: Where can we turn them in now? I have loads of Bounty Items (Mithral Nuggets, Gray Wolf Insignia, Ashmadai Symbols, Necromantic Sigils etc) but since the Jewel Of The North update the Bounty Trader in Coster Market no longer exists and Bounty Traders in other areas (Vellosk, Neverdeath, Icespire peak etc) also no longer exist.

I also have Bounty Items for Blackdagger Ruins, Helm's Hold, Rothe Valley etc which no longer appear on my map so I can't even access the area to see if there is a Bounty Trader.

Has the bounty system been removed entirely and if so what can we do with the numerous bounty items?
  • Options
    luckiasluckias Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Most enchantments no longer work on my character nothing dropping at all so costing me time money and patience since the update as well as making me change my playing style for now
    Dragons hoard enchantment not working
    this is on two items of kit.
    Tymoras lucky enchantment is working
    Fey blessing enchantment not working

This is as best as I can tell as others may not be working but do not drop anything so pretty hard to tell.

I also lost my headgear when you updated so I lost it and the enchantment and now have a less powerful piece of equipment in place

Thanks

Hope this is going to be resolved

UPDATE

Still not working although for some reason a shard of empowerment does drop from time to time ...although pretty rare .Terrible lag on most areas back to the toon dance. Also got a Cosmic stag from a lockbox moved it to the stable when I looked today nowhere to be found besides in my collections. I need enchantments to work as I am sure do many others.
    Post edited by luckias on
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Add a questline path to Stardock.

The path to Stardock is non existent if your a new player and don't know it exists. I finished Undermountian and yes the questline takes you to Neverermers Envoy upstairs but doesn't lead you to actually complete the expedition up there. Following the questline it takes you back downstairs to the runemaster and to regular master expeditions never actually making it to Stardock.

That is true, it was ok for us when we expected new content (M17) back then, went looking for it. But if you don't look for it, its not very intuitive.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, finally got my last missing artisan to show up, no idea why it took so long...

But my second Glory of Neverwinter Pack is still not here, when will that problem get fixed?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    pyrielslight#9500 pyrielslight Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    A week and a half with no gemstones or anything dropping in loot bags or in chests... Just a few coins here and there. Can't get depleted artifact to drop in Undermountain so I can finish that on other toons. Did bounty missions in Sharandar with main toon, and got NO rewards after turning in (no chest or diamond shards). Still having invisible enemies in places. Never seen so many bugs and issues NOT being fixed in a game.
  • Options
    xxbrettbroskixxxxbrettbroskixx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I had a wayward traveler pack with an epic experience booster in it. Upon opening it, the booster was not placed into my inventory.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    reg1981 said:

How are we to do this when nothing dies. I can collect the Unstable Resonance easy enough but even at 56k with a 3,000 Mag Toad lick I can't kill the monsters there, they just heal up. I'm sure it's rather easy in a group, but there's no one doing this. There's no indication of where players might be doing these.

Managed to find another player, we killed 3 monsters in the 3 minutes. This makes me want to move on and not look back. Not a fun experience. So far imo the worst part of the playthrough. And for me, this is the end of all the leveling content, I've played through it ALL on a new Bard.

Are you talking about the Runic Encounters? The ones in the Undermountain maps which have a big coloured dome over them? If these are the battles you mean, you're not supposed to try and kill them, you farm them for resonance which is why they keep healing. Correct way to play this is to only use at-wills (no encounters) and maybe even remove your pet, then just hit them with at-wills and keep them alive as long as possible while the essence keeps dropping. The armor pieces should drop during whatever else is going on, they're purple. This battle is best done in a group of people, but you can do it on your own, you just need to pick them off from the edges and hopefully attack them one-on-one, keeping them alive as long as possible. If more get aggroed and join and you start getting pummeled, you can then let off an AOE like staff of flowers or a daily or whatever and attempt to finish them all off before returning back to fighting only one at a time. You can always run out through the boundary and disengage and then run back in again if it gets too much. But yes, best done with a group. The best place to usually farm that one is in the Twisted Caverns, enter at Slippery Slope and click the map to see which one is active. That is where you will mostly find others running it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User

reg1981 said:

Are you talking about the Runic Encounters? The ones in the Undermountain maps which have a big coloured dome over them? If these are the battles you mean, you're not supposed to try and kill them, you farm them for resonance which is why they keep healing. Correct way to play this is to only use at-wills (no encounters) and maybe even remove your pet, then just hit them with at-wills and keep them alive as long as possible while the essence keeps dropping. The armor pieces should drop during whatever else is going on, they're purple. This battle is best done in a group of people, but you can do it on your own, you just need to pick them off from the edges and hopefully attack them one-on-one, keeping them alive as long as possible. If more get aggroed and join and you start getting pummeled, you can then let off an AOE like staff of flowers or a daily or whatever and attempt to finish them all off before returning back to fighting only one at a time. You can always run out through the boundary and disengage and then run back in again if it gets too much. But yes, best done with a group. The best place to usually farm that one is in the Twisted Caverns, enter at Slippery Slope and click the map to see which one is active. That is where you will mostly find others running it.
    This is true when farming resonance, but OP is talking about the first quest to Collect a Depleted Artifact. In that case, they need to make the kills to get it to drop.
  • Options
    belgrog said:

Barbarian Sentinel unable to dodge in Training Day Quest. Shift only allows me to block. Have tried numerouse key combinations. No luck.

Newly created barbarians are defaulted to DPS, and Training Day was made for new toons. In DPS build you have sprint instead of block. Switch to a DPS build and you can complete it.
  • Options
    xeonjp#9939 xeonjp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Cant unlock Lair of the Mad Mage.
    I have completed the campaign 100% and I also do the daily ones every day.
    But we have this problem more than one new character in my guild
    https://ibb.co/N6wGFwZ
  • Options
    thedragoness#5016 thedragoness Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Items purchased with Incentives do not correctly add to Collections: the Worg and the Guard specifically :(
  • Options
    linkin#6487 linkin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Since I can't locate any area to creat my own thread here, in general, or anywhere (curious who actually coded this...) I am forced to simply comment on a random thread. I am not seeing any yellow icon over the heads of any AI at all. Only a slight yellowish glow like before. I thought this was some wide-sweeping change for the new mod which I felt was a poor choice possibly motivated by Ashes of Creation copying. I prefer seeing the icons so me or new players actually know where to find quests & such like it was before. But new videos & alliance members are saying they still see the icons & nothing has changed for them. I searched all options the best I could to see if somehow there was a new option to turn icons on or off but nothing & I have found nothing online about it. Any help would be appreciated & allowing me to create a thread would be cool too. Its not like I made this account 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Since I can't locate any area to creat my own thread here, in general, or anywhere (curious who actually coded this...) I am forced to simply comment on a random thread. I am not seeing any yellow icon over the heads of any AI at all. Only a slight yellowish glow like before. I thought this was some wide-sweeping change for the new mod which I felt was a poor choice possibly motivated by Ashes of Creation copying. I prefer seeing the icons so me or new players actually know where to find quests & such like it was before. But new videos & alliance members are saying they still see the icons & nothing has changed for them. I searched all options the best I could to see if somehow there was a new option to turn icons on or off but nothing & I have found nothing online about it. Any help would be appreciated & allowing me to create a thread would be cool too. Its not like I made this account 5 minutes ago.

Not 5 minutes before your post but 10 minutes before your post. Your forum web account was created at 10:23pm EST today.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    My Chemical Guidance - MW I Alchemy Quest

Several alliance members are reporting that the Artisan will not accept Myrrh +1 or any of the "Crafted Potion of X Rank 0 +1" which were newly renamed Rank 6 potions.

As a result, players are unable to complete the MW I quest.
  • Options
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Not 5 minutes before your post but 10 minutes before your post. Your forum web account was created at 10:23pm EST today.

& why exactly is the forum web account seperate from the exact same account that I made way before, simply because I haven't specifically tried posting a comment...again who coded this mess? Anyway I've seen nothing in terms of addressing or helping figure out why some people seem to not have any icons above AI heads while others never saw them go away. & I could not find any options. Thanks for not being capable of helping whatsoever though... cool moves bro where'd ya get em,.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2021

> @plasticbat said:
    > Not 5 minutes before your post but 10 minutes before your post. Your forum web account was created at 10:23pm EST today.

& why exactly is the forum web account seperate from the exact same account that I made way before, simply because I haven't specifically tried posting a comment...again who coded this mess? Anyway I've seen nothing in terms of addressing or helping figure out why some people seem to not have any icons above AI heads while others never saw them go away. & I could not find any options. Thanks for not being capable of helping whatsoever though... cool moves bro where'd ya get em,.

What he meant was, brand new accounts are stopped from immediately creating new threads to combat spammers who get blocked & straight away create new accounts to post again & again. Personally, I think any forum account that is linked to a valid Neverwinter login should bypass all such restrictions as Cryptic can flag the login if necessary.

On the subject of missing/poorly visible icons, it has been reported a few times since the new mod arrived but the devs have yet to address the issue - probably because they created a ton of other issues with mod 21 and are 'triaging' their fixes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    > @armadeonx said:
    > What he meant was, brand new accounts are stopped from immediately creating new threads to combat spammers who get blocked & straight away create new accounts to post again & again. Personally, I think any forum account that is linked to a valid Neverwinter login should bypass all such restrictions as Cryptic can flag the login if necessary.
    >
    > On the subject of missing/poorly visible icons, it has been reported a few times since the new mod arrived but the devs have yet to address the issue - probably because they created a ton of other issues with mod 21 and are 'triaging' their fixes.

Thank you. I am sorry I was short as well. Life bad things poor me etc Ive been on the edge lately.. but yes I don't understand why the only time my forum account "activated" was when I first went to the forum & tried making a post. That's exactly the first time someone would of course try using the forum & since I didn't need to make some new account I was confused why my timer had started then versus back when I first made my arcgames account since its the same.

Thanks again for the mention on the icons issue Im glad others have mentioned it. I actually came back again with this new mod. Plenty of glitched, but I think most things were in the right place, but the icon thing was in my own glorified opinion was wasted resources that could have been invested in other areas & don't mess that up. The idea was to keep new players, not make them totally lost in the game just riding around a map on their mount until they quit cuz they can't find anything lol.
  • Options
    greenchapel#8688 greenchapel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Last Thursday's patch didn't fix the issue of not being able to create a Grand Summer Feast. Sent a reply to update my prior ticket (560895) with new information, as requested, only to be told once more to just post it to the forum. How very, very helpful of you. Anyway, here's the extra info I sent (which apparently tech support can't be made aware of in-house, only via a post on the public forum....):

1. As I mentioned [in ticket 560895], the Grand, Simple, and Lavish summer feasts are each listed twice in the crafting table, with identical-looking ingredients, etc. However, a Grand Summer Feast I acquired from Elminster's Lunchbox does not show up as an ingredient for the first-listed Simple feast, but it does for the second-listed Simple feast. Similarly, it shows up for the first-listed Lavish feast, but not the second. A Caprese from the same lunchbox stacks with the ones I already had -- both crafted and received from Summer events -- and had no effect on the crafting problem.

2. There is no sound effect for crafting summer items. I assume this is intentional, or at least normal, and it's certainly not a problem, but it does produce a pair of faint clicks as if it's trying to play a nonexistent sound effect. I'm only mentioning it in case it's actually not normal and might have some relation to the problem.

Also I just started a workshop for a new character that was created after the Jewel of the North update, and the summer feast issue affects that character as well.

Finally, I ran a Force Verify on my game installation. Judging from the output as it ran, this did patch a few files (DLL's, it looked like) but had no effect on the crafting problem.
  • Options
    dragonite1#1936 dragonite1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    The quartermaster enchantment is not working properly
  • Options
    When I go to the campaign store for IWD, I can see that I have black ice available, however it is no longer showing in my inventory. It used to be on the wealth tab and is no longer there.
This discussion has been closed.