test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vallenhas unstable - instance overload

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
Whilst I'm all for higher instance caps, there's currently an instance #1 with 50 players and it's impact is very noticeable. Would be fine if the servers weren't scaled back with the lower caps.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Yes, its been an issue since mod 21 dropped. it has been reported, but has not been responded to. At one point during insurgencies, there were 4 instances: 1,2, and 3 all had 49 people, instance 4 had 18. Lag and rubberbanding were horrific.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Yes, Vallenhas is unplayable if 50 people are allowed in instances. This needs to be changed.
    When Vallenhas was first released it allowed a high number of players in instances as well (don't recall the precise number), but that caused the same problems as now. Back then it was quickly changed to a lower number and then it was fine.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • ovacomerovacomer Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This has become a very big problem that needs to be addressed.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    Before "mod 21" instances where capped to 15 but now i seen like 50 ppl in a instance...REMEMBER they TURNED TIAMAT in to 10 player instance becose THEY TOLD that THEYR ENGINE CANT HANDLE IT..for who is new it whas 25 ppl instance...and here we go they make Vallenhas 50 ppl prolly more instance...WHATTTT?????
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I'm playing through the Vallenhas campaign again on an alt, and the latency issue is extremely bad. NOT my PC's fault, btw. Speedtest shows great d/l and u/l speeds - and I don't experience this issue on any other map in the game right now.

No excuses - please fix - either buff up your server ability to handle large crowds or add more instances to reduce the per instance burden.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    I still remember when we had 50 people per instance in river district. 50 is simply too many. Vallenhas suffers super lag.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    50? Jeez, what were they thinking? Anything over 20 is laggy - I can't imagine what 50 looks like. I hope that doesn't make it to console...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

50? Jeez, what were they thinking? Anything over 20 is laggy - I can't imagine what 50 looks like. I hope that doesn't make it to console...

Just one example: you getting dragged forward 50' , you getting hit then dragged back 50' then you try to attack back just to notice that you got hit by a monster after it's death ...
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    This is became even worse now. With 50 ppl on an instance makes even the movements to turn into an "achievement".
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    This is still going on and at times makes Vallenhas unplayable. @nitocris83 any progress at fixing this?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! Issue was escalated when originally reported and it is being investigated.