test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vault of Stars Vendor

masterjr#2077 masterjr Member Posts: 12 Arc User
No matter what level of endgame player you are there is a struggle we all share. That being the RNG of ring drops from Vault of Stars. We are all going for a legendary ring drop which has a hard drop rate. Most of us will be spending a lot of resources of scrolls, potions, and tears of bahamut to get a clear for Vault. This is a sacrifice that we all must face so we can get the potential reward but with the drop rates being so rare and so many legendary rings it is hard to get the one you want.

That is why if we had a Vault of Stars Vendor then most players would see a light at the end of the tunnel. The vendor could have all the rings in display and every time you beat the dungeon you get a currency to trade into him. This would be a way that I know if I run for example 80 Vault of Stars (40 a piece for each ring) then I know I will be getting my two rings that I need for my character.
I know this isn’t anything new due to the existing vendors for TOMM and Zariel. Players are more open to run these dungeons because they know there is two ways of getting the prize. They can get lucky from RNG and get the potential chance of their weapon or they can run the trial enough to get their weapons.

This should be implied inside Vault of Stars so we can have multiple ways of getting our rings like these previous endgame trials. This would be more effective in my eyes than changing the difficulty. I understand that endgame needs to be at a certain level of difficulty to test that level of player and see if they can adapt and survive the dungeon. However you have a range of players who can do this dungeon from bare minimum running with certain groups to maxed out OP characters running this dungeon. These rings can help some players fill that gap between decent to great players and with the vendor this would help them solve that issue.

I want to always think of ways to help players grow and this would be a huge stepping stone to help players do better in all other content as well if they got their rings. I hope a lot of you agree and maybe we can some traction to see if we can get a vendor added into the game!

Thank you all,
NickthePaladin

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Not only VoS rings. Every rare item in the game should have a pitty (even if is high) where you can get it at some point. This is much more player friendly, and avoid lots of frustrations
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rangerreekrangerreek Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I definitely second this suggestion, with the addendum that @darthpotater has suggested.

Everyone expects to grind to get the better stuff in all of the content. Recently watched a player struggle through over 150+ attempts to get a ring out of VoS. There is an insurance for Lionheart, Celestial, etc. Most players will equip a +3 ring to boost stats, but if the end goal is to receive the +5, just get rid of the others and give a currency/counter for an auto drop.

All equipment that is considered "BiS" should get a function like that.

Oh... 1 other thing, make the Journals obtainable again through some other means than Zen.
    Fight with honor, die with glory!
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User

No matter what level of endgame player you are there is a struggle we all share. That being the RNG of ring drops from Vault of Stars. We are all going for a legendary ring drop which has a hard drop rate. Most of us will be spending a lot of resources of scrolls, potions, and tears of bahamut to get a clear for Vault. This is a sacrifice that we all must face so we can get the potential reward but with the drop rates being so rare and so many legendary rings it is hard to get the one you want.

That is why if we had a Vault of Stars Vendor then most players would see a light at the end of the tunnel. The vendor could have all the rings in display and every time you beat the dungeon you get a currency to trade into him. This would be a way that I know if I run for example 80 Vault of Stars (40 a piece for each ring) then I know I will be getting my two rings that I need for my character.
    I know this isn’t anything new due to the existing vendors for TOMM and Zariel. Players are more open to run these dungeons because they know there is two ways of getting the prize. They can get lucky from RNG and get the potential chance of their weapon or they can run the trial enough to get their weapons.

This should be implied inside Vault of Stars so we can have multiple ways of getting our rings like these previous endgame trials. This would be more effective in my eyes than changing the difficulty. I understand that endgame needs to be at a certain level of difficulty to test that level of player and see if they can adapt and survive the dungeon. However you have a range of players who can do this dungeon from bare minimum running with certain groups to maxed out OP characters running this dungeon. These rings can help some players fill that gap between decent to great players and with the vendor this would help them solve that issue.

I want to always think of ways to help players grow and this would be a huge stepping stone to help players do better in all other content as well if they got their rings. I hope a lot of you agree and maybe we can some traction to see if we can get a vendor added into the game!

Thank you all,
    NickthePaladin

Since the moment when the rings were added to the Vault of Stars , I have not seen ANY legendary ring. Only +1, +2 and +3. The blue and purple rings do not deserve the wasted nerves of the players)))

That's why the idea of ​​adding a ring exchange for some kind of currency with VoS sounds very interesting
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    120 VoS runs and I am still missing 4/5 legendary (for myself needed tank / heal) rings. This is such depressing and basically kills the movitation to play this game.

As a tank I looted around 25 legendary rings that are useful for DPS but only a single one that is interesting for my toon. The RNG is a joke.
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    A system based on tokens is always better than straight RNG of course.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    This has been asked multiple times over the years as far back as demogorgon first showed up but guess what? No pity no mercy. Ain't gonna happen.
  • kimara#6327 kimara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I now have around 300 VoS runs and I am still missing rings. Especially the melee ring in my case
  • bmeeks11#6815 bmeeks11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I remember spending months tryng to get a plus 4 ring of sudden percision. I cant express enough the frustration of needing one thing to complete your build and having it locked behind rng.

Edit: I never did get the ring, lucky me they nerfed it though :/
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Imagine playing for 5 years with 3 characters with all the bells finished and never having completed the Underdark ring collection or having won the Pirate King Hat that drops in ECC after performing this countless times. Welcome to Neverwinter!
  • sorcio2sorcio2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    yeah this makes total sense. my brain is melted from all this vos run did more than 100 runs still missing the ring i want. just gives us tokens. the rings are bound anyway so there is no possible profit for players
  • odanobunaga#4974 odanobunaga Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Instead of having four resources (golden apples, leaves etc.), I would suggest one: a VoS voucher.
    If you kill the gardener, you get one voucher.
    If you kill the prince of frost (which is still bugged due to his rotating AoEs and can still be glitched), you get another voucher
    If you kill the golems, you get three.
    Five vouchers per successful run which you could use to buy the new armour and the rings in a special store like ToMM. So far, I only got two useful rings out of this dungeon. I have several ones which are useless for every role in this game.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User

Instead of having four resources (golden apples, leaves etc.), I would suggest one: a VoS voucher.
    If you kill the gardener, you get one voucher.
    If you kill the prince of frost (which is still bugged due to his rotating AoEs and can still be glitched), you get another voucher
    If you kill the golems, you get three.
    Five vouchers per successful run which you could use to buy the new armour and the rings in a special store like ToMM. So far, I only got two useful rings out of this dungeon. I have several ones which are useless for every role in this game.

That sounds like a good idea but what about trading the current resources for rings, let's say 4 apples for a choice pack of DPS rings? After you bought your VoS equipment there is no need for the resources anyways. I am sitting on 7+ of golden apples, leaves etc.

If we could trade the current resources for rings I wouldn't even be mad if they would be bound to character because it would eliminate the RNG.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • pertadon99pertadon99 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This doesn't only happen with VoS but with all new Sharandar as a whole. The whole gear and equipment is locked behind very strict rng that might not be obtainable not even in 1000 runs if you are unlucky enough. For example I am completely unmotivated to spend more than one hour of my time to run around and kill bounties which might not even be there and even worse be surprised by only meeting placeholders instead of the actual bounties... then to only have a less than 2% chance at a 1300 IL comp equipment that you can only trigger ONCE a day, and even worse for the actual pieces that I need. Literally the only reasonably obtainable gear in this Mod is the equipment from the campaign store and the rest might not be obtainable even if you play for 1 year every single day and do all the content you can. Let's not even mention the shattered diamonds...
  • jadeofkatanjadeofkatan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    While many look at VOS from a player point of view of someone who can run VOS multiple times in a day, as a Guild Leader I also want to bring about the point of view of the Casual player or the Weekend Warrior.

A system based on vouchers, tokens, and or Boss Kills would:
    • Help the players who are leveling up and learning, and may only complete the first boss in training runs.
    • Be very beneficial to the Casual player who may only have time for one run a day or week.
    • Help those who play during non prime time, or just weekends only.
    While I do appreciate those players who display game knowledge and skill, and can help teach and carry players through, this would give the Casual player a means to feel they can obtain (purchase with vouchers/tokens) a reward they wish for, and that it is not hopeless.
    imagehttps://discord.gg/YXFTZ4v7vzCome join us on our Neverwinter Info Discord Server!There's information on how to join us, our alliance, and helping your guild.Order of Knights Radiant - GH 20Alliance Leader: Tamia@jadeofkatan
  • alnicknamestakenalnicknamestaken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this system sounds nice ,but only when vos will get as old content and there will be new harder dungeon(better to be 2) with better equipment.
    its not healthy when you can get the latest equipemnt with such eas like you offerd there .
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    The question that keeps nagging at me is: how can weapons/rings help someone who don’t know how to play and hasn't mastered the mechanics?

And do you really think that after receiving the rings, this person will say: oh, yes, now I have the rings, so I'm seriously starting to play, I need to learn this vos. . . ?
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    I agree with @mushellka on this one. No one needs to have VoS rings,
    Elite Whaleboy
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Some people just want what everyone else is saying is best, even if the difference between it and the next one down is negligible. It's some sort of affliction.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Considering 3 of the new comp gear is over 1k il over the 1010 gear with better stats and 2x leg rings are 1k il over the rings from tomm with better stats. Yeah, people want them, 2k il is more hp and base damage. But, a .2% drop rate is rediculous for the ones desired by players. I've used over 2k rerolls in vos, over 50 diamond shard chances, and run 12 bounties a day. So far, no new comp gear dropped for me, the two leg rings I want haven't dropped. Granted I have gotten 23 leg rings, but useless for dps with 9 of them being duplicates. When those are the only chase items left, .2% rng is abhorrent.

They won't add a vendor, its a huge ad sink to generate revenue. But if the drop rate is near unobtainable, it defeats any incentive to run. And being the only current content, Its effectively dead and killing any incentive for people to actually play with such bad drop rates. So, wait for bard and hope it generates enough money for any new content, otherwise wait andbpray they add something worth playing, or more than likely yet another "rework" requiring huge investments to attain regain whatever they take away..again.
  • iamtakisiamtakis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Great idea!
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    It's your opinion only.
    Because you depreciate everything that is added to the game. So why do you even play if you don't like everything so much?

But yes, I believe that not everything is for everyone.

Any crying on the forum don’t have any real effect on anyone.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • catson#7772 catson Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    getting some kind of currency and being able to estimate time to reach your goal feels much better in games than couinting on RNGesus that has acutally high chance of NEVER giving you what you need.

Or let us trade rings with people from party we finished it.

So many times my melee friend got ranged ring already, and I as ranged got melee ring, we would happily trade.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    How about we make it so that any of the loot can be sold, so that everyone benefits even if you can't use an item.
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @"masterjr#2077" said:
    > No matter what level of endgame player you are there is a struggle we all share. That being the RNG of ring drops from Vault of Stars. We are all going for a legendary ring drop which has a hard drop rate. Most of us will be spending a lot of resources of scrolls, potions, and tears of bahamut to get a clear for Vault. This is a sacrifice that we all must face so we can get the potential reward but with the drop rates being so rare and so many legendary rings it is hard to get the one you want.
    >
    > That is why if we had a Vault of Stars Vendor then most players would see a light at the end of the tunnel. The vendor could have all the rings in display and every time you beat the dungeon you get a currency to trade into him. This would be a way that I know if I run for example 80 Vault of Stars (40 a piece for each ring) then I know I will be getting my two rings that I need for my character.
    > I know this isn’t anything new due to the existing vendors for TOMM and Zariel. Players are more open to run these dungeons because they know there is two ways of getting the prize. They can get lucky from RNG and get the potential chance of their weapon or they can run the trial enough to get their weapons.
    >
    > This should be implied inside Vault of Stars so we can have multiple ways of getting our rings like these previous endgame trials. This would be more effective in my eyes than changing the difficulty. I understand that endgame needs to be at a certain level of difficulty to test that level of player and see if they can adapt and survive the dungeon. However you have a range of players who can do this dungeon from bare minimum running with certain groups to maxed out OP characters running this dungeon. These rings can help some players fill that gap between decent to great players and with the vendor this would help them solve that issue.
    >
    > I want to always think of ways to help players grow and this would be a huge stepping stone to help players do better in all other content as well if they got their rings. I hope a lot of you agree and maybe we can some traction to see if we can get a vendor added into the game!
    >
    > Thank you all,
    > NickthePaladin

I 100% agree with you. It's much more welcoming when in like 10 attempts you get a legendary ring
  • skulbukol#9415 skulbukol Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I sense that they will not do anything about. It's a waste of time and energy. They will remain silent and not give us a solution. With less people farming VoS, RNG will not be your friend.

New World seems more promising though.