test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jewel of the North Launch Week - Leveling Bugs

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
This thread is to report bugs related to the leveling adjustments and system. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.

NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

Comments

• ennileahennileah Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    1st 'Bug'

On getting to PE, I received an in game mail inviting me to Icewind Dale...on my new Bard at Level 1.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Many general bug comments have been moved to the new General bug thread to keep things organized, as most of the comments here were not leveling bugs.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • luapmahargluapmaharg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What got broken? Super laggy here.
    Valindra is a milf
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Glory of Neverwinter Pack (level 20, 30k IL and so on) worked,
    but i had 2x Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Orders and only got 1 Glory of Neverwinter Pack!

Ticket #558336 open, no reply this far...

Adding to that, XP Tomes/Scrolls (not talking about the Experiences versions from the ZEN shop) can't be exchanged for AD.
    We couldn't use the Tomes after reaching level 70 before this update, and now we're not even getting AD for them?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • christianfivaz#9670 christianfivaz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > This thread is to report bugs related to the leveling adjustments and system. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.
    >
    > NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.

I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST; THE EXTENTION "LEVELING" THAT ASK YOU TO TALK TO MANY NPC AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THIS AND THAT ETC...FOR EXEMPLE REFINED A" WOODEN INSIGNIA" SHOULD NOT BE INCORPORATED TO THE EXTENTION OF THE GENERAL QUEST. I DISTROYED MY INSIGNIA (INSIGNIA POWDER) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT ,BY MISTAKE AND NOW WHEN I TRIED TO COMPLETE THE QUEST IN CHASM AND IN ICESPIRE CREEK THEY ASK ME TO FIRST SHOW TO FABRE THAT I REFINED MY INSIGNIA AND CAN NOT CONTINUE THE QUEST.....I TRIED TO BY THE SAME INSIGNIA BUT IT IS NOT WORKING....I TRIED TO CANCEL THE QUEST TO DO IT AGAIN BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. I TRIED TO FIND THE CHEST THAT HAD SOME COMPONENTS TO REFINE THE INSINIA BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO..KNOX DOESN'T TALK...I HOPE THEY WILL FIND A SOLUTION..
  • nang#7857 nang Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Discarding the Wooden Insignia makes it so you are unable to complete the "artifacts and insignias" quest resulting in being unable to go beyond level 17. Many people and myself have been unable to to finish leveling our bards even after the most recent patch (29th July). I have sent 2 tickets to get my quest reset or to be given a new wooden insignia. And have not gotten any sort of help from support in the past 2 days. Dont go and tell me to just make a new bard. Ive already equip and upgraded companions. Simple fix would be to give all players with this quest a wooden insignia or to reset everyones quest or make it 1 copper in the vendor we have to talk to, you cant discard it so wouldnt be exploitable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jnP0fcJcq0
    @nitocris83
    > @"christianfivaz#9670" said:
    > > @nitocris83 said:
    > > This thread is to report bugs related to the leveling adjustments and system. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.
    > >
    > > NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.
    >
    > I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST; THE EXTENTION "LEVELING" THAT ASK YOU TO TALK TO MANY NPC AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THIS AND THAT ETC...FOR EXEMPLE REFINED A" WOODEN INSIGNIA" SHOULD NOT BE INCORPORATED TO THE EXTENTION OF THE GENERAL QUEST. I DISTROYED MY INSIGNIA (INSIGNIA POWDER) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT ,BY MISTAKE AND NOW WHEN I TRIED TO COMPLETE THE QUEST IN CHASM AND IN ICESPIRE CREEK THEY ASK ME TO FIRST SHOW TO FABRE THAT I REFINED MY INSIGNIA AND CAN NOT CONTINUE THE QUEST.....I TRIED TO BUY THE SAME INSIGNIA BUT IT IS NOT WORKING....I TRIED TO CANCEL THE QUEST TO DO IT AGAIN BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. I TRIED TO FIND THE CHEST THAT HAD SOME COMPONENTS TO REFINE THE INSINIA BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO..KNOX DOESN'T TALK...I HOPE THEY WILL FIND A SOLUTION..

THE QUEST NAME IS: "HOW ENCHANTING" AND THE PERSON I HAVE TO SHOW THE REFINEMENT IS TARHUN. IT IS BUGGED FOR ME....
    > @"christianfivaz#9670" said:
    > > @"christianfivaz#9670" said:
    > > > @nitocris83 said:
    > > > This thread is to report bugs related to the leveling adjustments and system. Please do not report previously discovered bugs (either on live or on preview) or general feedback. All unrelated comments will be moved so that the team can better focus on the new issues on PC.
    > > >
    > > > NOTE: If you post an issue on this thread, please be assured that it is being read. Time will be spent reviewing issues and escalating them as efficiently as possible. We are not able to respond or give detailed updates to each individual post but all feedback and reports are being received.
    > >
    > > I HAVE ANOTHER REQUEST; THE EXTENTION "LEVELING" THAT ASK YOU TO TALK TO MANY NPC AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THIS AND THAT ETC...FOR EXEMPLE REFINED A" WOODEN INSIGNIA" SHOULD NOT BE INCORPORATED TO THE EXTENTION OF THE GENERAL QUEST. I DISTROYED MY INSIGNIA (INSIGNIA POWDER) INSTEAD OF REFINING IT ,BY MISTAKE AND NOW WHEN I TRIED TO COMPLETE THE QUEST IN CHASM AND IN ICESPIRE CREEK THEY ASK ME TO FIRST SHOW TO FABRE THAT I REFINED MY INSIGNIA AND CAN NOT CONTINUE THE QUEST.....I TRIED TO BUY THE SAME INSIGNIA BUT IT IS NOT WORKING....I TRIED TO CANCEL THE QUEST TO DO IT AGAIN BUT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. I TRIED TO FIND THE CHEST THAT HAD SOME COMPONENTS TO REFINE THE INSINIA BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO..KNOX DOESN'T TALK...I HOPE THEY WILL FIND A SOLUTION..
    >
    > THE QUEST NAME IS: "HOW ENCHANTING" AND THE PERSON I HAVE TO SHOW THE REFINEMENT IS TARHUN. IT IS BUGGED FOR ME....
    THE SECOND QUEST BUGGED IS : ARTIFACTS AND INSIGNAS.... ALL BECUASE I DESTROYED THE INSIGNA IN POWDER...
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Adjusting the IL of levelling items left the rest of the items in a weird space. E.g. the weapons from Vault of piety are always worse than anything the quest gives you.

The seals of Adventurer can buy you gear with high IL and no lvl restriction. (btw: bound to char instead of account - annoying stuff when you can buy gear for another class but it is bound to the class that bought it)

And once you are lvl20, you go out... for example to Chult... and can start grinding lvl18 items with inferior IL.
  • jarithone#9411 jarithone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    New Player, Level 12 Pally tank. Try to buy Zen and All it says is "Before you can purchase, you need to complete all quests in the Blacklake District."
    LOL BLACKLAKE DISTRICT NO LONGER EXISTS.
    So what now... I am I going to be locked out of the Zen store forever.. I kind of need to know before I waste any more time on this MMO.
  • bigmikeorn#7360 bigmikeorn Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @"jarithone#9411" said:
    > New Player, Level 12 Pally tank. Try to buy Zen and All it says is "Before you can purchase, you need to complete all quests in the Blacklake District."
    > LOL BLACKLAKE DISTRICT NO LONGER EXISTS.
    > So what now... I am I going to be locked out of the Zen store forever.. I kind of need to know before I waste any more time on this MMO.

Second this. Support was unable to do anything. Couldn't even confirm if this was a bug or not.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

> @jarithone#9411 said:
    > New Player, Level 12 Pally tank. Try to buy Zen and All it says is "Before you can purchase, you need to complete all quests in the Blacklake District."
    > LOL BLACKLAKE DISTRICT NO LONGER EXISTS.
    > So what now... I am I going to be locked out of the Zen store forever.. I kind of need to know before I waste any more time on this MMO.

Second this. Support was unable to do anything. Couldn't even confirm if this was a bug or not.

Obviously, it is a bug. For the very minimum, the error message is.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bigmikeorn#7360 bigmikeorn Member Posts: 4 New User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Obviously, it is a bug. For the very minimum, the error message is.

Of course, especially since purchases of Zen through other platforms are unaffected by the chance. It's just silly this fell through the cracks.

New players who hadn't beat Blacklake before the new MOD can't buy Zen is a horribly crippling bug though from a monetization standpoint.

I have a bunch of credits from the close of Magic: Legends I'd like to use before I decide to put 'new' money into a game, yanno?
  • prioriuspriorius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    At last! Today I got long time awaited a summer artisan. Thank you. But... I would like to ask a question. My characters that are 10th level Summer Provisioning obtained 1st level Sumer Artisans, so artisans have to be trained to produce higher level items (including Sahha Ball) without the risk of failure. IS IT CORRECT OR NOT?
    edited August 2021
    priorius said:

At last! Today I got long time awaited a summer artisan. Thank you. But... I would like to ask a question. My characters that are 10th level Summer Provisioning obtained 1st level Sumer Artisans, so artisans have to be trained to produce higher level items (including Sahha Ball) without the risk of failure. IS IT CORRECT OR NOT?

Yes, it is correct. I trained my artisan from ~20 characters by using moral to make Firebossom Petal. No resource needed. Just moral and time. Yes, there can be failures. No real work on me though (such as gathering resource, etc).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hypnotorioushypnotorious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Another variation on the wooden insignia quest bug.

I didn't discard mine. But I accidentally added rp to it and now I can't turn it in to the quest giver. Can't restart the quest so all progression is stopped
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    With today's patch you removed Jarrod Glint the auctioneer from PE so the quest where you have to talk to him after checking the mail box can't be completed.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    I got a 100% off character loadout Zen coupon for a free load-out, today on my leveling-up Bard.
    I got it from the Neverember's Recruit Reward coffin.
    We cannot reclaim the free loadout anymore because load-out are removed from the Zen store now.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

I got a 100% off character loadout Zen coupon for a free load-out, today on my leveling-up Bard.
    I got it from the Neverember's Recruit Reward coffin.
    We cannot reclaim the free loadout anymore because load-out are removed from the Zen store now.

Sigh! Left hand does not know what right hand did.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

With today's patch you removed Jarrod Glint the auctioneer from PE so the quest where you have to talk to him after checking the mail box can't be completed.

They deleted another thing?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    It's now apparently a deletion free-for-all. It started with Sharandar and now they're just going power hungry and deletion-mad. Eventually there won't be anything left. Once you get on that slippery slope it doesn't take that long to slide all the way to the depths. I don't know why they chose to work on such an elegant complex and loved game if they hate it so much they want to turn it into something completely different and delete most of it.
    I jumped the gun, I read elsewhere it was an error and he was deleted by accident, apparently they're putting him back. But this is the reaction you now risk getting from people when you start deleting established permanent content left and right and confidence in the game starts dropping. People just start expecting the absolute worst. I am vehemently anti-deletion in Neverwinter and believe it's better to add new content in addition to old (even if visual styles do not match) to expand the game, make it even richer, and leave everything as authentic as possible so new players can come and enjoy it in exactly the same way old ones did because the game is (well was) a work of art and creativity and brilliant design in so many ways (which is why players have stayed for years and years and been committed to it), so my thoughts above do not change and I'm leaving the comments there.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I am still unable to finnish the quest where you need to hand in the Wooded Insignia and the Glass Enchantment on my main.
    I discarded them when finishing up all the new quests and leveling rewards and threw em away because they looked like normal trash items.
    I can't abandone the quest and the NPCs don't seem keen on giving me a new one to refine and hand back over
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I'm posting this here because it involves a reward received from the Adventurer's Boxes provided during the leveling process:

Tooltip and binding for Dread Ring Signet of Patronage conflict

https://imgur.com/ojRAa74

The Tooltip clearly states that the signet can be transferred to any character on the account, but it is character bound.

Make up your mind and fix it.
  • clytasiaclytasia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2021

I am still unable to finnish the quest where you need to hand in the Wooded Insignia and the Glass Enchantment on my main.
    I discarded them when finishing up all the new quests and leveling rewards and threw em away because they looked like normal trash items.
    I can't abandone the quest and the NPCs don't seem keen on giving me a new one to refine and hand back over

o Tutorials

The items for the Refinement and Insignia tutorials are no longer unique. This should prevent the quests from getting stuck.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up, still broken for who have the quest already started.

This discussion has been closed.