test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UNable to collect resonance in Undermountain

flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
Campaign is 100% complete, I have bot a resonator and enhanced resonator and yet when I go into a runic corruption area I can no longer collect runic corruption to use at the alters for MEs. This only happens on 1 character of mine and no one seems to know why. Everything was working a few weeks ago and now nothing.

Comments

• seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Don't you have something unfinished quest that somehow relates to there?
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    Considering that I have already done several MEs with this character and have some attuned resonance ( I just need to collect more),,,, there are no outstand quests related tot the campaign in my quest log. As noted campaign so 100% complete. He has collected resonance in prior trips to the runic corruption areas.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey @flyball#6248 ! Have you submitted a ticket to support?
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Hey @flyball#6248 ! Have you submitted a ticket to support?

Submitting tickets to support only clogs up the queue and has them give us their generic "Send it to the forums" response. Are you intending to give players the run-around here?

A few examples of what happens when you submit a ticket to support:

• seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    There's a quest that appears after completing the campaing, if i remember well. The quest is to restore an armor piece. This quest is not a part of the campaign progression. You can decide if you want to finish that quest or not but probably makes you able to collect resonance when you pick it up ... My apologies for my memories clouded about this campaign.
    Here's a list of the Undermountain Quests:

https://neverwinter.fandom.com/wiki/Undermountain_Campaign
    I figured out what happened I was helping a guild mate who shared all his undermountain quests. The quest did not show up in my journal. I had to go back to the desk where you get the resonator and re accept and complete the quest (it was already done on acceptence.) Very weird issue. Not sure if quest sharing is supposed to work like that.
  • rocketabbyrocketabby Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    We have a guildie that went to Yawning Portal in a party with someone who had the initial quest. Now he can visit Yawning Portal but cannot get a quest from anyone. We went to the Moonstone Mask, and he cannot get through the door to start the campaign with Lord Neverember. We have tried multiple times but he is unable to get anything for the Underdark campaign. Our frustrated solution was to tell him to wait for Mod 21, when all outstanding quests will be reset to see if he gets a new chance at Underdark's gear and boons.

We have a guildie that went to Yawning Portal in a party with someone who had the initial quest. Now he can visit Yawning Portal but cannot get a quest from anyone. We went to the Moonstone Mask, and he cannot get through the door to start the campaign with Lord Neverember. We have tried multiple times but he is unable to get anything for the Underdark campaign. Our frustrated solution was to tell him to wait for Mod 21, when all outstanding quests will be reset to see if he gets a new chance at Underdark's gear and boons.

Does he still have the initial quest?

Quest
    An Important Invitation

Quest Giver
    Letter behind Sgt. Knox

Turn In
    Durnan
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Are you seriously sending in tickets twice a week? I'm surprised they haven't auto-blocked you yet.

You're life would be calmer if you just accepted that this game has lots of bugs and the devs ignore most of them - that's just how it is.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    That questline is a complete mess but usually it works out, even when a toon takes a long time...
    either: take the runic quest from sinye again (drop it, take again) or you already have 10 resonances (sometimes I don't even remember farming on a toon, but NW secret is: Do Not Question Good Things) and need to use it yourself (as a leader in a ME) as a rune, or a depleted artifact drops completely out of line, or it fixes itself when running MEs with somebody else..
    In any way, not getting etchings nowadays does not even matter much cause Zoks rate is nerfed into the ground and you can get the artifacts semi-cheap (or there are better alternatives already) and Juma is the better one of those ugly boys (at least I heard, Juma hates me)

For the intial quest, did check Knox again? Or like, the table behind Knox. I didn't know you can (shouldn't be able to?) port to Yawning if you do not have the quest (as in, you need to have the quest to get in the room with Neverember, right?)
    - bye bye -
    The problem was not the quest line. The problem arose because another player (friend) that Iwas assisting in completng the forge section of undermountain shared his quests with my character (who had completed everything previously. This action though reset some of the quests ftom the researcher at Yawning Portal who ultimately give the armor restoration quest. Tere is a quest before that relating to collecting resonanace. I had completed that prior to helpig y firend but that quest showed as incomplete after he shared his quests. I juat had to click through all the dialogs to "re do" that quest and was able to collect resonance.

The annoying parr was there was no indication of any outstaning quest, no symbols above anyone's head saying talk to me so knowing what needed to be done was extrememlyfrustrating.